GFX UAG2E Needs Help!

Rics

Cadet
Ok, most have heard me mention the UAG2E (Ultimate Adventurer's Guide to Elanthia) on the forums many times. As you know, it's an in-game in-character guide to the MMO worlds I play in. It has grown hugely popular in both WoW and EQ2 and has been openly supported on both game's official website numerous times. At one point EQ2 had a graphic add mentioning the Guide up for about two weeks.

Anyhow, I was hoping to take it to the next level in Hero's Journey where I'm expecting RP to be supported more than any other MMO to date. I've talked with Frosty about making HH the official face of the UAG. Waiting to see if that will happen, but I did offer.

What I would like to do is find someone who would like to draw the images in the Guide. I'm not looking for amazingly polished and colored portraits or images that would take tons of time. What I'm looking for are very simple concept-art sort of images. Very much like the one Daax drew of his character, but looking a little more humerous. A lot like the images in my UAG sig. That style would fit the Guide well since it is an in-game guide and anything more than a simple drawing might be a little out-of-character.

So, if you are interested in getting involved please let me know. I won't be putting any deadlines or requiring any specific amount of time. You can just read the entries and let me know which ones you'd like to draw something for. Draw when you feel like it, and no obligation to continue.

Send me a message or reply here!

PS: Due to the overwhelming support the Guide gets from players you may get bombarded with constant tells in-game if you reveal your in-game name :smiley: Just a heads up.

I think Daax should jump in, he is quite talented. I, on the otherhand stopped drawing 20 years ago, and I wasn't that good to begin with. :smiley:

I can throw in a few drawings. Nothing too great, but decent enough.

I can also do some writing if you need some.

I'll be sure to post a few examples of some ideas I had. I kindda want to keep a very similar style throughout the guide and website. I'll also post a list of drawing I'm looking for. Feel free to contact me on AIM at eq2rics, or send me an email at eq2.rics@gmail.com

I know this thread is about drawings and the like... but if you need any sort of instrumental music type of assistance, let me know ;)

Cobalt Katze said:
I know this thread is about drawings and the like... but if you need any sort of instrumental music type of assistance, let me know ;)
I'm pretty sure Rics can find use for any type of musical assistance. Just give him a PM, or if you want I can nab his contact information for you.

I want UAG2E to be just as successful as Hero's Hall, so make sure if you have the talent, to assist Rics!

I wouldn't mind helping out now and then. I'm sure if we got 2-3 diffrent artists working on diffrent parts, it would turn out nicely.

Yeah, when the skits start coming each one will have a musical theme or little intro/outro diddy. For example, the Bak Jower CTU (Counter Thieves Unit) series will need some sort of secret agent riff (ala James Bond-ish), or little diddies like Seinfeld had on the show.

An yes, it'd be great to have a few artists, as long as we can keep the style the same. A perfect example of what I was thinking is Daax's drawing (HEROSHALL.COM). I think the sketch look would fit great with the guide, as it would look like images the editors for the guide (in-character speaking) would doodle in their entries. Also, for most artists it wouldn't take too much of their time.

While the guide is comical, the drawings still need to look realistic (as it is in-character). That said, of course we need some goody characters. Here are a couple scenes I'm looking for in relation to content we already have.

1: Would be cool to have have a scene for the Undead Poetry entry...if anyone can sketch skeletons. Maybe a skeleton sitting at a desk with a quill scribbling down poetry?

2: Need a scene with a young Qwi on his knees trying to swoon a Suwari girl. The Suwari girl can look completely disinterested...like rolling her eyes. Need this to go with the Suwari Girl song.

Rics said:
For example, the Bak Jower CTU (Counter Thieves Unit) series will need some sort of secret agent riff (ala James Bond-ish), or little diddies like Seinfeld had on the show.

And here I was thinking the music would be 24-ish given the parody ;)

Well, I'd volunteer to help in some way, but, well... I've got less talent than an injured can of baked beans, so... Anyway, it seems interesting, so I wish you the best of luck.

Kuzzle said:
Well, I'd volunteer to help in some way, but, well... I've got less talent than an injured can of baked beans, so... Anyway, it seems interesting, so I wish you the best of luck.

wow...that was funny :smiley:

Back