Aliens UFO - Have you ever seen one?

Nix

Ensign
Just wondered how many of you think you have seen a UFO? Not necessarily a alien ship but something you could not explain?

I have, I was about 18 in the back of my Mum's car with all the family near a toen called Burgess Hill in the UK and I saw an object in the sky going really fast and then changing course upwards, across then back down and then it just vanished. It was very odd and probably some army testing thing going on but still, I can't explain it for certain, and like to believe it was something not from this world as that would be cool!

I had a similar experience here in the states. Except with mine, I sat and watched the object for probably 30 minutes or so. It was quite a show, the object was a ways off in the distance and just looked like an orb that was pulsating or spinning and changing colors from orange to white to blue to green to purple and then repeating again.
As far as movement it would sit still then in a split second it would zoom what appeared to be several miles, sometimes horizontally and sometimes vertically and sometimes both in sharp angles. I even had time to go get binocs and look at it closely but it still just looked like an orb or changing colored light.

That was the only time I've ever seen anything like that at all. I once witnessed space debris burning across the sky. It looked like two fireballs emitting sparks but they just slid smoothly across the sky and offered nothing too suspicious in behavior.

I don't mean just some random object that you couldn't identify, but something that you would specifically term as possibly alien.

I think I did once. We were travelling back from a car rally, early evening on the M53 (a motorway for you non-UK folks) and there's a particular part which is known as a UFO corridor (lots of sightings occur). We saw a lot of the cars slowing down with people pointing up at the sky and taking photos. Looked up to see what appeared to be a led zeppelin shaped airship type thing... but after a few minutes of watching it shot across the sky rapidly (without any visual speeding up.. just motionless than zooming) and then switched direction and shot upwards until it was out of sight. The sun was shining on it and it gave off a metallic reflection.

Was very strange!

A "motorway"? Like.. an intersate?

And, to keep it on topic... I don't think I ever have. Not that I recall at least. I probably could have one late night, intoxicated and laying in a ditch somewhere staring into the stars, but who knows.

A "motorway"? Like.. an intersate?
Ummmm expressway? Freeway.... ummm... M53 motorway - Wikipedia thank god for wiki :D

And, to keep it on topic... I don't think I ever have. Not that I recall at least. I probably could have one late night, intoxicated and laying in a ditch somewhere staring into the stars, but who knows.
Don't think that's a UFO, Sheldon, think they were the pink elephants dancing around due to alcohol in your blood :blush:

I have seen a UFO and kept quiet and I suspect that this may be more common than you think. I saw it when walking the dog with my mother. It went over my head so slowly and so close to the ground that I could make out movement in the saucer shaped craft. It was in 1983 and I was in Northcamp, which is in Farnborough in Hants in the UK. It was picked up by the space research centre closeby and reported in the paper. There was an abductee in Aldershot (Farnborough is the home of UK's space research and Aldershot the home of the British Army if you're not from the area). There's lots on the web about the encounter (example):

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case707.htm

My father was a complete and utter non believer (being a military man - hence why I was in Northcamp) until a strange incident during his time in the military. It changed his belief entirely. He didn't talk about it much, only to say that he will never be able to explain how tank tracks 30 metres long and 10 metres wide and sunken into the ground by half a metre or so could just appear in a woodland clearing, as though it had been stamped into the ground. Nothing he knew of on earth could have left such an imprint and the military were bewildered. Radar picked it up near Edinburgh Airport - there are no reports on this incident but the military investigated it, thinking it was a crash site. The 'craft' landed and then was gone before the military could get to it (about 30 minutes).

My dog has a habit of wanting to go outside in the middle of the night, about 3:00-4:00AM, and I am usually the person to take him out. We live in a suburban area that is on the edge of rural lands so the local light pollution is not that bad meaning at that time of night it is easier to see things, especially when there is a full moon. In the area is a regional airport that supports small propeller aircraft so seeing planes and helicopters in the area is not uncommon.

What is unusual though is seeing aircraft with weird light patterns making very odd moves, such seeming to hover and then suddenly shooting off at a fast rate. At first I thought some of them must be helicopters before realizing that when I see the helicopters clearly in daylight that they are also close enough to hear them but at night time the ones that catch my attention are silent.

I've wondered what would be attraction to visitors in the area. For those familiar with US geography, the best answer I can come up with is that our region in the NE USA, outside of Philadelphia, is filled with military bases, nuclear plants, industrial complexes, close to the coastline, and, of course, in the rural areas plenty of cows & crop fields. ;)

Well I know this isn't a true UFO sighting but....

When I was in high school I had this great party van...nothing but picnic benches in the cargo area and coolers. Well late one night we're smoking and drinking while cruising down the highway. Think Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

That was my crew minus the skateboards. Well while going down the highway a car comes right up on our ass. Won't pass even though there's no one else on the road. All we're all thinking 'Cops!'. Of course as hammered as we were, our only thought was to get rid of the evidence...but we don't want to waste our stuff - it was high school we were all broke :smiley:. So we're drinking and smoking like there is no tomorrow, throwing beer cans, liquor bottles and roaches out as soon as we can consume them.

And yet this car will not pass, just stays oh about 100 feet behind me for miles. Now we're all freaking out pretty badly. Is it a cop?, is he calling for backup?...is it someone we pissed off crashing that party a few days ago...or is it aliens!?? All I can see are it's headlights blinding me in my rearview.

As we are all arguing about what to do..a cacophony of ridiculous ideas...the car? finally moves. I'm looking in my rear view and the lights simply separated. Now I'm thinking alien abduction - and hoping it's a really cool planet - like I said I was hammered. Well the lights separate and approached on each side of the van. I'm praying and hoping and a little scared what is going to happen when it gets right beside me. Turns out it was 2 bikers and I was probably all over the road. Guess they didn't dare trying to pass me. But for 10-15 loooong miles I thought about a million scenarios that it could be.

I was very disappointed it was only mundane motorcycles.

p.s. I do not condone drinking and driving but man it was a helluva night:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think so. One night my sister and I were driving home from a state park that's about an hour away. Most of the drive is nothing but cow pastures, woods, and orange groves. I don't even think there are street lights until you get into city limits. Anyway, I was driving and it was about 8:30 and pitch black. Out of no where my sister says "Oh my god!" and points up to the sky. I looked up and saw what looked like a big ball of green light just sitting there. I pulled over because neither one of us could believe what we were staring at. After about a minute, the green got really dull and eventually disappeared.

I remember hauling ass all the way home because we were convinced the big green orb was going to follow us. So freaky!

I saw something on 9/11 after the air restrictions were put into place post-attacks. I won't rule out UAS or "drones" but it wasn't a plane... in fact there were about 8 of these disc looking objects.

Im not sure, that, it was exacly UFO, which meas alien flying craft, but... I haven't recognized it as anything of know aircrafts.
It was around 1.5 years ago. I was reading a book at evening, and then went to the kitchen to have a glas of water. When I entered back into my room, I saw 5 green lights moving in sky.
They were mowing in formation. First one was a bit in front, two, three and four were a bit behind the first one, and was like in one line, and fifth was behind everyone else. First, third and fifth were like on one axis, second, thrid and fourth were on another axis, which was like 90degr angle to first axis. I will try to make a picture, so, you could see it and understand a bit better. All those 5 lights were moving in one direction, and were like fixed to each other. I noticed, that were moving not by wind, because, trees were bent in other direction
It wasn't aircraft lights, because, I know, what kind of light should be on AC. At least, there should be 2 bright red flashing lights- Anti Collision lights, and there should be air-nav lights. Red from pilot's side( left), green from first officer's side (right) and white on tail (back). Another point, that it wasn't an aircraft... I saw stars, between them.

I took few steps from a window, to get camera on cellphone, but it was already off, so, now, Im shoting down my phoen, right before I go sleep:smiley:
So, thats how it looked.
UFO.gif

Uhm...UFO means "Unidentified Flying Object"...though it has become almost synonomous with "aliens" it doesn't technically mean an alien spacecraft.

My home town has had a visit from UFO's and was seen from one of my local pubs:-
UFOs in Bracknell? disc-shaped objects spotted by pubgoer

Scientists say these lights in the sky are more likely due to earthquakes but we don't get these in the southeast of the UK...the last earthquake was in Dorset and set off by fracking ! Before that, earth quakes around here are as often as world wars (as opposed to war of the worlds - HG Wells lived locally; in Woking just 13 miles away). Very clever how earthquake light balls can appear in formation though...don't you think !

The photo won't be a fake (people around here don't have the technical ability ! !)

I have not seen a UFO, however, the dad of one of my friends claims that he was stopped at railroad tracks out on a country road, waiting for a train to finish passing by, when a bright object passed overhead way above. Apparently, it seemed to be moving much faster than any jet would travel. Did he see anything of the unexplained realm? I don't know, but I guess he wasn't in the habit of telling tall tales. So no conclusive evidents here from me, but that's all I have in the way of story to fit in this branch of the forum.

I watched a lot of films about a UFO and I came to conclusion - it doesn't exist. Someone sees "round object in the sky" and there are many stories. So why everybody can't see it ? Why only "some" сan communicate with them?

You don't think unidentified flying objects exist? If you have ever seen anything in the sky that you couldn't identify...then you have seen a UFO. People make a gross generalization and assume all UFO's are claimed to be alien in origin but that's false.

As far as the ones claimed to be alien spacecraft...well we can all see them given the opportunity, it's just that "everybody" isn't always present when the craft is. It's like a pigeon chick...millions of pigeons everywhere but few people have ever seen a baby one however I suspect they exist.

You don't think unidentified flying objects exist? If you have ever seen anything in the sky that you couldn't identify...then you have seen a UFO. People make a gross generalization and assume all UFO's are claimed to be alien in origin but that's false.

As far as the ones claimed to be alien spacecraft...well we can all see them given the opportunity, it's just that "everybody" isn't always present when the craft is. It's like a pigeon chick...millions of pigeons everywhere but few people have ever seen a baby one however I suspect they exist.
Are you sure that UFO exist? Really? Are you kidding me?
Luckycase, in the true sense of what "UFO" means as Birdman mentioned, then, yes, UFOs exist and are seen & reported every day around the world. It is when people start talking about UFOs that are not from Earth that is a point of contention.

In your case it sounds like do have a disbelief in extraterrestrial UFOs but you may have in fact seen terrestrial UFOs.

I have seen something I'd say was unidentified. Its was a blue circle and it moved back and forth across the sky. Got my doubts on it being aliens but it looked cool.

Are you sure that UFO exist? Really? Are you kidding me?
I don't know if any are alien in origin but U(nidentified) F(lying) O(bjects)'s can be anything from man made aircraft to birds to meteors so yes, they exist.

Personally speaking, yes I believe some are alien in origin.

Back