Aliens UFO home in Puerto Rico

Here's another related one: From eh oh... to oh no! Gary Neville forced to ditch ‘Teletubby’ home’s 100ft wind turbine as he submits new plans for green property

The guy is a Man United footballer, and the home is a good idea, allowing it to work seamlessly with the landscape and not affect views, but the proposal for the turbine was a deal breaker. He'll have to figure some other way of getting his power needs.

I think it needs to be pointed out that in the UK, there is little chance of something as outlandish as that UFO shaped home being built due to planning regulations. And particularly not with the materials he has used, there are rules on that too.

Interesting home Tim.

Here's a couple I found, no discription for the location.

UFO_house0508a.jpg

IMG_2721Medium.jpg

Another unusual home for the list. Because it's by converting a buried water reservoir, leaving the top open and disguising it at ground viewing level so it doesn't affect the landscape I'm putting it here. I think it's probably because of the Star Wars imagery of Luke Skywalkers home growing up that these are the ones that interest me, rather than above ground 'oddities'. Also, I think a lot of our more interesting home conversions here in the UK are, by necessity due to weather conditions, underground, rather than overground.

Property pioneers build £1.25million Devon home inside a former underground RESERVOIR

article-2197707-14D0A5CE000005DC-246_964x638.jpg

article-2197707-14D0A5D2000005DC-820_964x640.jpg

article-2197707-14D0A53E000005DC-599_964x630.jpg

Very cool! It would make a perfect secret evil lair for me if I was super villain. If Superman's contractor would have built him something of this quality, he would have never settled for the Fortress of Solitude.

I would have no problems living in any of those homes. My wife, on the other hand, might not appreciate a "UFO" themed house. :(

Another interesting home. It used to fly, and it used to be the source of spotting UFO's.

Living the high life: Engineer transforms retired passenger jet into 'dream home' in the Oregon woods

article-0-157F4758000005DC-875_634x424.jpg

It's even got the obligatory retractible stairs into the ship :smiley:

article-0-157F4823000005DC-567_634x424.jpg

A cockpit that needs a makeover to look like the Millenium Falcon :smiley:

article-0-157F469E000005DC-951_634x424.jpg

Can always pretend this is the warp drive nacelle:

article-0-157F45A2000005DC-751_634x424.jpg

And if you read it through, you'll no doubt smile, because the guy who owns this home shares the name of a really popular actor we all know and love from the Evil Dead series, Bruce Campbell!

I'm not sure I would be totally comfortable living in plane where the entire front end is being balance on a stacked pile of lumber. Sure hope he did some stress tests before deciding to prop up the plane at that spot as opposed to say... the front landing gear spot which was designed for that purpose.

Yeah, I just noticed that. Being a qualified engineer he perhaps wants to construct a scaffolding system that visually melts into the background instead of using a stack of pallets that can rot in the weather and slip out from under if it was jarred.

I'm not sure I would be totally comfortable living in plane where the entire front end is being balance on a stacked pile of lumber. Sure hope he did some stress tests before deciding to prop up the plane at that spot as opposed to say... the front landing gear spot which was designed for that purpose.

Yeah, even if the lumber is something fortified like railroad ties, for instance, I would be nervous with that kind of continual weight upon the wood. Other than that I like the idea of living in a jet (or at least staying in it for a week or two).

Back