Season 5 Un-tied loose ends

Okay, I think I have started a rough list of some questions I still have... some may never be answered and maybe some HAVE been answered, and I have missed it. Feel free to post your own questions, or any answers to mine you may have.....
1. Did they ever solve the issue of Nadia's real father? (End of season 4, Irina made a cryptic comment about Nadia getting some exceptional qualities from Jack, but they never revisited the issue.)
2. Why did Bill Vaughn die? (It's established that Irina killed him - but did she kill him for taking Nadia away from her, or because he was a part of the Prophet 5 project?)
3. Who was the Cardinal, and what did he have to do with anything? (Tom needed to get a message to the Cardinal, what was it? who was he?)
4. WHy was the location of the Horizon on the SD-6 map Vaughn showed to Sydney?
5. If Milo Rimbaldi knew how to make "eternal life," why didn't he use it on himself?
6. How come evil Francie could be healed from multiple gunshot wounds, but then die when Will stabbed her?

That's probably enough from me..... :smiley:

i totally agree with numbers 1-3. nadia's definatly jack's!!! (at least i hope)

i totally agree with numbers 1-3. nadia's definatly jack's!!! (at least i hope)

This might be a stupid question -- but what did the horizon (small red sphere) do? It appeared that all it could do was unlock the red fluid. When Sark passed it to Irina, she seemed to say that it was the key to power -- but what kind of power? Irina didn't seem to care about Rambaldi's red fluid as much as her weapons of mass destruction anyway... what was her plan to attaining power? I don't really see the connection between destruction and power as presented here.

There are many questions I have and I would love an alias prequel or sequel or both movie. And I'd love a spin off. Maybe then some more questions I had can be answered. Like Firefly and Serenity.

1. did they even explain the power of the horizon at all???
2. did the horizon give Sloane enternal life????
3. what about the prophecy pg 47, did they really explain that, after puttin emphasis on it again at the end of the series.
4. why didnt Tom and Racheal hook up when they had the chance?????
5. How did jack know that sloane would have enternal life, and take explosives down to the tomb???
6. why wasnt will in the last episode???
7. WHY DID THE SHOW HAVE TO END???
8. what happened to Peyton?????????
9. why did they have to kill jack.... why he should have been there right till the end
10. so is ISABELLE going to be the next sydney bistrow working for the CIA or APO or whatever another SD-6 evil corp when she grows up, she mastered that 3-D thing.

ok maybe thats enough............. :P

3. what about the prophecy pg 47, did they really explain that, after puttin emphasis on it again at the end of the series.
5. How did jack know that sloane would have enternal life, and take explosives down to the tomb???
6. why wasnt will in the last episode???
7. WHY DID THE SHOW HAVE TO END???
9. why did they have to kill jack.... why he should have been there right till the end
10. so is ISABELLE going to be the next sydney bistrow working for the CIA or APO or whatever another SD-6 evil corp when she grows up, she mastered that 3-D thing.

ok maybe thats enough............. :P
I think I know a couple of answers to these... I think they probably took Payton into custody and she's in a US Federal Prison. I think they did sort of explain page 47 - I think Sydney was determined to make sure that prophecy was NOT about her and she did that... however, Sloane tried to make it happen anyway, by not letting Sydney see the sky through that ampule in Mt. Subasio. And who's to say that prohecy really wasn't about Irina? She fits it perfectly!

I have some good ones, I think:

1) What was Rambaldi's endgame? It certainly wasn't giving Sloane eternal life. It also wasn't destroying London and Washington. It was only Irina's idea. Perhaps it was Yelenas plan to destroy the world with the huge Mueller's devices? Who knows,

2) What was The Horizon? It seemed to create the red sphere thingy.

yeah that red shpere thingie... does it look familar????? kinda reminds me of end of season 1 start of season 2 that really big red ball that explodes and nealry drowns vaughn????

Ok, here's what I think the answers for some of your questions were ^_^:

Some of your Rambaldi related questions are answered here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Giacomo_....27s_prophecies

Q/A from Jeff Pinker:
Q: What was the horizon?
A: The horizon was the Rambaldi-designed glass sphere that activated the pedestal in his tomb and then received the liquid from the hovering red ball.

1. Did they ever solve the issue of Nadia's real father? (End of season 4, Irina made a cryptic comment about Nadia getting some exceptional qualities from Jack, but they never revisited the issue.)
I think that was just a humourous suggestion but Nadia is truely Sloane's daughter.

2. Why did Bill Vaughn die? (It's established that Irina killed him - but did she kill him for taking Nadia away from her, or because he was a part of the Prophet 5 project?)
I think part of the reason was because Irina had worked for the KGB at that time (hence her also killing the other CIA agents) and cos he was taking 'the passenger' away from her (which would be another motive for a Rambaldi followerer like Irina)

3. Who was the Cardinal, and what did he have to do with anything? (Tom needed to get a message to the Cardinal, what was it? who was he?)
That's one answer I'd like to hear. But I think we're not supposed to think much of 'the Cardinal' cos I think they just didn't have time to explain it so just dissmissed him as only being an enemy of Tom's.

That's the one thing that still puzzles me. And I think they just once again didn't have time to explain it so they just created a new endgame for Rambaldi.

5. If Milo Rimbaldi knew how to make "eternal life," why didn't he use it on himself?
Maybe he realised living for all eternal isn't as good as it sounds (look what happened to Sloane :lol)

6. How come evil Francie could be healed from multiple gunshot wounds, but then die when Will stabbed her?
The Rambaldi formula healed her wounds but they don't prevent her from getting wounded. So when Will stabbed her, no-one was there to give her the formula, so she just died.

It was just basically to allow 'immortality'

Yes, and it sucks to be him, cos he'll be stuck down there forever hehehe.

I think it really did make sense, I mean Syd did bring Rambaldi's work together (how she got all those artifacts for SD-6 and the CIA) and she did 'bring them to utter desolation' as in she destroyed the horizon so no-one would ever become imortal again. (See the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Giacomo_....27s_prophecies]wikipedia site[/url] for a more thorough explaination.)

They were shy? haha. I think it would have been too quick if they got together straight away, and by the time it was right, the show was ending so yeah...
Everyone seems to be asking that, even me, but my stubborn self (the one that denies the finale was a little disappointing) says that he didn't, he just went down there incase; to see if there was anything else they overlooked, since Rambaldi is so mysterious.
She's going to where all the other criminals go, to federal custody ^_^.

In a way I didn't mind how he died, I mean it was a heroic death, just how Jack should die. If he lived, he would be lonely, romantically wise. He'd just have his daughter and her family. And he'd probably still work for the CIA or APO, I mean can you imagine his as life not being a spy?

I think her building it up meant there was a possibility she'd be a spy but then she knocked it down, which is like a metaphor, saying she has a choice to walk away from that life unlike Sydney.

What was Rambaldi's endgame?
His endgame was immortality. It makes sense cos immortality would 'destroy nature' like 'the rose' had said.
And now my turn for a question hehe;
What was with the deal about the baby with the blinking lights in The Horizon? and why did Irina care if the baby was gonna be okay if it turns out that she is evil?

i have one question if nadia is dead why did syd not cry at her funeral i thought maby she had some ramboldi juce but she didnt......i upset about that i maby will have more question after i watch it again

oh i before i for i forgett how is nadias father... i hate that they didn t tell us one and for all

what exactly were the "plans" Prophet Five had for Sydney and the baby?

oh yeah forgott about that

and also if rambolid is a phropht and seen in the future. he would know that his creations would not work because of sydney getting in the way. so why did he do it in the first place?

what was ramboldi endgame?

do you have a clue what year alias is in? its not 2006

:( :(

didnt jack make some comment about how she was talented or something and irina said "i wonder where she got that from" or something like that? i know that everybody and their mother thinks that she was implying that jack was her father, but i never even thought about that until i heard other ppl say it. the first thing i thought was that irina was referring to herself, as if to say "well duh she's amazing, she got it from me." i'm not saying i'm right, i'm just saying that's how i always interpretted it.

OH yeah, I also had that question - what exactly were the "plans" Prophet Five had for Sydney and the baby?
um yeah this has bothered me ever since S.O.S. and i was so mad when the show ended and they didnt explain it. whatever the bad guys did to the baby when they had syd on the boat--they obviously werent just trying to help the baby. if they were, they wouldnt have needed to have a bad guy undercover as syd's doctor, and they wouldnt have everything set up on the boat b/c they wouldnt have known that something was going to go wrong with the pregnancy. but they never explained that. and it makes me especially upset b/c it's not like that was a mystery they brought up a couple years ago and never solved; they just brought this up a few weeks ago and then decided to leave it there and not explain it. and i doubt the writers had any ideas either. lazy writers.

do you have a clue what year alias is in? its not 2006
i've been confused about that ever since the end of season 2, when syd skipped two years. they never really tell us.

and about the horizon--it was basically gave eternal life. but i thought it was weird that the thing that gives eternal life looks almost like a smaller version of the thing that carried the virus that killed a bunch of ppl (the BIG red ball from the end of s2). did the writers get lazy and not have any other ideas about colors and shapes for rambaldi devices?

i'm sure theres a whole crapload of things they never really tied up. the prophecies, for one. neither sydney nor anna brought the world to an end, and neither syd nor anna fought nadia and killed her.

it's funny cuz just yesterday i was watching The Two and when syd called in from hong kong, her confirmation was "looking glass" and it reminded me of the many references to alice in wonderland that they made in alias and i was thinking "hmm i wonder if there is any significance to that and if theyll ever tell us..." and then i realized that there isnt and they wont, cuz the show is over. i keep forgetting that it's actually gone forever :(

on another note...
i was just thinking about this yesterday as i watched The Two cuz i was trying to remember what it was that made evil francie indestructible. it was like some rambaldi thing, right? and then i couldnt remember how that was resolved. like, did they do something to counteract the rambaldi thing? and then my other thought was...rambaldi can already make ppl virtually indestructable, as we saw with francie. so why would they end the series with rambaldi's endgame supposedly being eternal life, when he kind of already did that in season 3? evil francie's situation and sloane's situation are pretty much the same. except evil francie was somehow killed. or so we think.

another unanswered question--not really an important one, but why was francie at the restaurant when alison came in phase one? why did will not take her and leave town like syd told him too? and why did syd not notice that he didnt do what she asked?

OH yeah, I also had that question - what exactly were the "plans" Prophet Five had for Sydney and the baby?

I think the writers wanted to revive the plot about the Rambaldi child. Remember, season 3, Syd learns she disappeared for 2 years and the Covenant took some of her eggs, to make a "Sydbaldi" baby ! And then, we learn that Syd is preggers and that she has to fight against something called "Prophet 5". By the way, the name "Prophet 5" comes from a manuscript written by Rambaldi that was talking about genetics. I assumed it was talking about Sydbaldi baby. And when we got Syd abducted, crazy doctors wanting to do weird stuff to her strange glowing foetus, I was sure that it was Sydbaldi !

But maybe the writers thought that idea was too rubbish (which is not false) and that they should just drop it like that. Like we were fools. Dammit. Burn writers, burn !!!

it's funny cuz just yesterday i was watching The Two and when syd called in from hong kong, her confirmation was "looking glass" and it reminded me of the many references to alice in wonderland that they made in alias and i was thinking "hmm i wonder if there is any significance to that and if theyll ever tell us..." and then i realized that there isnt and they wont, cuz the show is over. i keep forgetting that it's actually gone forever sad.gif

i was thinking abt that too...while watching another ep from 1st season where they are having a halloween party and shes dressed as alice....i was really hoping that they would work that angle in since they had so many of these references....but too late:(

did we ever find out abt the files syd found in the beginning of season 4, that lauren told her abt...all i remember was that jack was responsible for them. i guess have to go rent season 4...just y does jack have a file on her since she was born? and what did lauren mean when she said at least i know whos pulling my strings....u guys know what im talking abt?

i really dont understand y irina kept saving syd when she was going to kill her anyway.

also in season two...when irina infiltrated the cia and sark sd6 what was the pt of that? cudnt they have gotten the manuscript by themselves anyway?

and noone really talked abt where prophet 5 was all this time...and y we didnt know abt it before even though even vaughn's dad knew abt it. what prophet 5 was just letting everyone else get all the rambaldi stuff...and then waiting for their chance? just seems silly.

what happened w/ quentin tarantinos character?

so many questions...i wish they didnt intro the new characters or at least kept them at minimum so we wud have more time to fill all the loose ends...instead of thinking up story lines for characters noone cared abt in the first place.

sorry i know i seem hostile...its because ive been watching season 1 and 2 (the best season ever!!!) and just feeling sad and disappointed. those seasons every character was imp and integrated into plot lines....they really screwed that up w/ evil francie...and syd having no friends...k sorry now im just babbling....wrong section to have this conversation.....

[ack ... can't get these quotes ... to... work ...]

The producers were going to pull a twist wherein Sloane was Sydney's real father and Jack was the father of Sydney's long-lost sister (Nadia, it eventually turned out). But when it became evident that wasn't going to work out with the fans (and there were a couple of story problems ...), they decided they needed to keep the parallel with Sloane having his own daughter and made Nadia his. But this created a number of unanswered questions on its own:

1. If Sloane didn't need Jack's DNA to find Nadia, why abduct him at the conclusion of season 2? (Right, "I want to taunt you" was enough reason . . .)
2. If Sloane was Nadia's dad, why did he have to go to great lengths to stage a world-wide DNA hunt for her when he knew that he could easily locate her by means of the Hourglass (which he could have easily bought at auction) and another Rambaldi gizmo--which he owned? Meanwhile, he nearly got himself killed maneuvering Jack into fetching the Hourglass for him and ensuring that he was present when it was smashed!
Bleh. In light of events as they transpired, none of this makes sense . . . unless you believe "I want to be immortal" Sloane has a death wish!!!! :o_O:

The fact that Vaughn took human-Rambaldi-gizmo Nadia away from Irina is enough reason. Irina is rogue, so has no particular allegiance to Prophet 5. Good luck for them, eh?

Apparently he was the guy who called in the hit on Tom--which misfired and took out his wife. It looks like Tom was on his trail after taking out the hitman . . . but this turned out to be an immensely unsatisfying dead end. Maybe if they had been able to finish up with the full slate of episodes, there'd have been a better wrap up to this than "what was that for?"

Remember that the map that Vaughn showed Sydney wasn't of SD-6, it was of the Alliance. Apparently this was a Rambaldi gizmo that the Alliance collected that Sloane didn't know about. Too bad, huh? When Sloane wiped 'em out, knowledge of its hiding place was misplaced. Huh, didn't they store any of that old Alliance data anywhere in the govt computers? :rolleyes: And why did they want to rub out Vaughn when they could have gotten him to spill on this info? :confused:

Just a guess here. I'm guessing he knew (being prophetic and all) that he wouldn't escape the papal forces and, well, wasn't he going to be beheaded or burnt at the stake or something? Even if you're immortal, wouldn't living on burnt up or beheaded be painful or inconvenient? Since he'd already laid these "resurrection" plans . . .

Again, a guess. Maybe they didn't shoot her in the right place, but Will did (through the heart?). Someone suggested the Rambaldi "medication" was given post-trauma, but I got the sense that it was more of a preventative measure--and weren't the people in the ambulance regular emergency help?

This might be a stupid question -- but what did the horizon (small red sphere) do? It appeared that all it could do was unlock the red fluid. When Sark passed it to Irina, she seemed to say that it was the key to power -- but what kind of power? Irina didn't seem to care about Rambaldi's red fluid as much as her weapons of mass destruction anyway... what was her plan to attaining power? I don't really see the connection between destruction and power as presented here.
The Horizon is the key to immortality . . . but it seems to need to be placed in that "machine" (stone <o> table thing?) to generate the ball of red immortality goo. It's connection to power? Easy. For Irina, immortality is power because it gives her all the time in the world to amass all the power she wants.

Yes and yes, you got it, its power is immortality.

Maybe, as someone said, "my sky" is the sky over Subasio as seen through the amulet. So if the prophecy did come to pass, it was Sydney's rage against Sloane when he shot Jack and she killed him . . . before Sloane fell into the immortality elixir and was resurrected. This way she brought the greatest power (Sloane? Irina) to desolation . . . through ensuing events, anyway. Or you could read it that, having seen the sky over Subasio, the prophecy was null and void all along. ;)

I think Tom needed to get past the death of his wife. Did he say, oh, I'm going to die in a few weeks, so I'd better get it on now? No, he didn't know the future. Let's give 'em a break. ;)

He didn't have to know that Sloane was alive to have a reason to blow up the tomb. What if Sydney failed to bring down Irina and she came back with the Horizon for her shot at immortality? That's not a force he wants to set loose on the world. Reason enough to blow up the part of the machine he still has access to. -_- Sloane's there? Bonus.

and then my other thought was...rambaldi can already make ppl virtually indestructable, as we saw with francie. so why would they end the series with rambaldi's endgame supposedly being eternal life, when he kind of already did that in season 3? evil francie's situation and sloane's situation are pretty much the same. except evil francie was somehow killed. or so we think.
The "Rambaldi medication" wasn't immortality, it just conferred super-healing and super-durability. ;)

I think the writers wanted to revive the plot about the Rambaldi child. Remember, season 3, Syd learns she disappeared for 2 years and the Covenant took some of her eggs, to make a "Sydbaldi" baby ! And then, we learn that Syd is preggers and that she has to fight against something called "Prophet 5". By the way, the name "Prophet 5" comes from a manuscript written by Rambaldi that was talking about genetics. I assumed it was talking about Sydbaldi baby. And when we got Syd abducted, crazy doctors wanting to do weird stuff to her strange glowing foetus, I was sure that it was Sydbaldi !
Yeah, that was confusing and there was a definite "thing" about the baby that seems to have been dropped entirely. I wonder where they were going with that? :blink:

why did Irina care if the baby was gonna be okay if it turns out that she is evil?
As Jack said, "Irina is not totally without feeling." She might have her priorities, but as she claimed, her feeling for her family is genuine . . . it's just not her guiding star. She has bigger fish to fry. She'll go out of her way to ensure the safety of Sydney and her baby--but if Sydney stands directly between Irina and her goal, watch out! Are things so black and white that if you're evil, you're totally incapable of love and if you're good you're incapable of hate? Are we either saints or demons? I don't think so. ;)
✌️

The "Rambaldi medication" wasn't immortality, it just conferred super-healing and super-durability.
but if you can't get hurt, you can't really die. which basically makes you immortal.

but for it to be sydbaldi, wouldnt it have to be rambaldi's baby as well? (i forget how that worked...it's been awhile since i've watched s3) and the covenant or prophet five or any other bad guys never really had a chance to make that happen. they never abducted sydney again or anything like that. how could it be sydbaldi if rambaldi's dna wasnt involved?

Back