Feedback Unable to hotlink some images (split from Simpsons thread)

Hmmm... unfortunately for whatever reasons the images aren't working and I can't delete the thread. Sorry.

If you can edit the thread - You can relocate all the pictures and upload them to something like photobucket.
Then as long as the url of the image ends in .jpg or .png you can then recopy the pic into the edited post.

You can also download the image to your system and upload them to your gallery then link to your CoolSciFi gallery.

This CoolSciFi editor is very easy to use. The easiest way to post an image is to just copy the image from the source (Right-Click the image and select copy image) then Right-Click in the editor here and select paste. Sometimes you need to Rt-Clk twice in this editor for the paste function to be clickable. The image should show immediately.

When using the Button function it is required that you post the complete URL of the image. You can obtain that by rt-clicking the image and selecting copy image location or url.

The longhand image code will look like [i mg]image url[/ img] without the spaces.

I copied the long hand (IMG) code from another post on another forum where they did work. I'm sure if I wanted to re-do everything I could get them to work, but when I posted this I was expecting it to just work. I really don't want to invest the time to re-do everything. Sorry. That's why I wanted to just delete the post.

I copied the long hand (IMG) code from another post on another forum where they did work. I'm sure if I wanted to re-do everything I could get them to work, but when I posted this I was expecting it to just work. I really don't want to invest the time to re-do everything. Sorry. That's why I wanted to just delete the post.
Understood.
Some forums have hotlinking prevention and it is sometimes difficult to copy anything from them.
Suffice it to say that your knowledge is better at least - Kevin can delete this post if you so desire.

@BirdOPrey5 @Tom -- I'm taking a look at the images problem. Looks like it might be a quirk with the software because if I edit the first post by BOP5 the images appear but not when showing the post for viewing. My guess is that it is something going on with the software's proxy system for images.

The images aren't hotlinked protected- they are from my own image hosting website. If I hadn't closed them all in my image editor I would have just pasted them in. Let me try that.

OK, I pasted in the last 10 pics as attachments (hit the limit) and the first one is embedded (or was anyway when I typed it in).

I left the broken images under each image in case it helps Kevin troubleshoot the problem.

Joe, thanks! I figured it out, it didn't like the spaces in the file names (eg: "http://juotpics.com/s/simpsons credits 11.jpg" versus "http://juotpics.com/s/simpsons%20 credits%2011.jpg"). I'll create a post over at the XF support site to see what the response is.

Now that that is sorted... :D

I have got to watch this episode then! Thanks for posting, I didn't know they were doing a Trek tribute. When I get home I'll check if FiOS has Fox ondemand for viewing the episode.

Last edited:
I split the Simpson Star Trek parody thread to move the posts about problems with hotlinking some images to a new thread here in Feedback.

I think Joe already saw the follow-up but for anybody interested... we submitted the issue of hotlinking images with a space in the file when using an image proxy to our forum software vendor and they confirmed it was indeed a bug. The bug has been fixed and will be included in the next update. (y)

Back