Under the Tuscan Sun (2003)

Anyone watched this one? Its a chick book turned into a chick flick. Surprisingly, I found myself interested and hooked on the main character. It had a sweet ending too.

Summary:

A newly divorced woman finds herself in a small lonely apartment, living a sad life with no one to talk to but her friends. Her friends eventually convince her to take their tickets for a --- tour of Tuscany in oder to cheer her up. While in Tuscany, she goes out on a limb and buys herself a house! Soon thereafter, she finds herself once again happy.

For the rest of the story, watch the damn movie.

I agree with you navaare about Diane Lane. Great actress. I just recently saw her in Hollywoodland. Not impressed with the movie as a whole, but she was wonderful in it.

Daax said:
Chick flicks ftl.

I'm gonna go watch Demolition Man and eat beef jerky whilst I lift weights.

Some chick flicks are really good. ...Some are downright scary. I usually like the ones recommended to me and tend to avoid those that aren't.

I'm a chick and even I avoid chick flicks like the plague. Similarily I avoid the romance section at Barnes and Noble and most of the currently favourite titles since they are mostly felgercarb as well. Romance has become such a cliched thing. And the stories focusing on women have all become cliche as well, silly feminists..

Mmm.. yep. She was the older sister who used her sexual prowess to lure and distract the antagonistic race car driver while the kids (Anthony Michael Hall was one of them) yoinked his car parts. Cheezy flick. Good times.

IMDB Link
Poster

Back