Season 4 Undo Sydney?

Well I stewed over all of the possibility in my head last night and well into the morning... "Sad how a TV show can keep me up all night!"... and I truly believe that it can't be that bad, I mean, Irena and Jack both gave him their blessing, and yes I do believe that Jack knows. From the very beginning of season one Jack had a huge distaste for "Vaughn", and has said numeral times that "Vaughn" has no Spine! I always found that odd, to me "Vaughn" and no spine just don't go together! So I figure that Jack has felt that way about "Vaughn" because "Vaughn" never had it in him to tell Sydney the truth until now.

Second, Vaughn didn’t seem too scared to tell her, If it was such a problem he would have acted weird when they were discussing their wedding plans, He didn't though, instead he was acting like there was nothing wrong, so It can't be that bad if "Vaughn" isn't worried, because we all know he is the biggest worried wart there is when it comes to Sydney!

Third I thought about the whole name thing, That I still haven't really figured out yet, I want to say that maybe his family was in Witness protection growing up, because of the whole Rambaldi followers hating The fact that his dad stole Nadia, and now his and his mom's life was endanger. It could work, They would have to change every thing including his dads name so it doesn't ever get back to him and his mom. To me that works. It wasn't his choice, to change his name, and seeing that he was 8 he had a lot longer of a time as "Michael Vaughn" then he has as "Jeffrey Dinglehopper"! so it would just be easier to leave things the way they are, and now that The whole Rambaldi thing is over he can show his true identity.

Fourth the whole, " it was no accident that you came to me with SD6, well I still have some more stewing on that one, I would like to think it had something to do with him trying to bring down SD6, and doing missions in a not so kosher way, and because he might of had such a big role in trying to shut down SD6, the CIA Had him handle Syd from the very beginning, Like I said, I still have some more stewing to do, three months worth, so I am sure I will keep changing things in my little philosophy, when I realize stuff doesn’t make since... A little tweak here and a pinch there and I am sure I will have it all figured out just in time for season 5 to come on and put me back in my place!!!!

So If I was Syd, I would be mad that Vaughn never told me all of that, but, I would still marry the guy! And I am not just saying that because I think "Vaughn " is hot stuff, I am saying it because still after this secret comes out they are still soul mates. You can't be a soul mate one second and then when you find something out that’s disturbing about that person decide that you don't want to be soul mates any more it just doesn’t work that way. Sorry it just doesn’t and like I said if you don't like it then take it up with JJ, not us S/"V" shippers because we are just blind followers...what ever JJ says we will believe whole heartedly!

I still think that Nadia is Jack's daughter, and Sydney is actually Sloan's daughter...I mean that would be quite a twist?! I must say, I am surprised so many people thought the finale was a great episode. I really didn't think it was too exciting, and actually was a bit predictible. I mean, we just spent four seasons with all things Rambaldi, and it seemed so anti-climatic...at least regarding Rambaldi.

I think whatever it is Sydney can handle it because Irina knew and she still gave Vaugn her blessing. And she cares for Sydney (i would say) the most out of anyone else. So it can't be that bad. Otherwise Irina wouldn't have given her blessings.

duckbilz said:
The bottom line is it doesn't matter if Vaughn is good or bad.  They can always turn that around on the show.  What is probably going to happen, is no matter what it is, it will drive Syd and Vaughn apart.  They can't let them have a nice happy life together because we wouldn't have anything to hope for.  Besides that, any major show that lets the main characters hook up has only a limited amount of time before people lose interest.  It almost always means doom for the show.  Alias likes to get our hopes up, only to smack them down again with some major point of intrigue.

Season 1
We see the attraction between the two, but other relationships and the agency's look but don't touch policy on dating keeps them apart, and keeps us hoping.

Season 2
Finally, after the take down of SD-6 and all its counterparts, Syd and Vaughn decide to break the rules and start to date.  We all say "Yippee!  It's about time"  All seems to be going well, and those of us who know the fatal dating equation for shows wonder how long it will be before ratings drop and the show is cancelled. 

Season 2 Finale
The writers quickly throw us out of the fairy tale and into a big "WHAT!?!" when we find out that Sydney has been thought dead for over two years and Vaughn has since moved on and gotten married.

Season 3
Here we meet Vaughns wife.  A beautiful blonde that doesn't quite seem to be the match for Vaughn.  Apparently, the only thing to hate about her is that she is married to Syd's man, and wiping out all hope of the two of them picking up where they left off.  Of course, what would Alias be without that hope of love blooming in the background.  Ah, I can almost hear birds singing.  Anyway, we soon find out that Lauren is pure evil and therefore, like all double agents who marry overly attractive CIA operatives and fool them with their clever good girl bad make-up stlyles, must die.  The hope is rekindled.  Now we now it is only a matter of time before Lauren is found out and Syd and Vaughn can get on with their relationship.  This of course happens in the season Finale.

Season 4
Syd and Vaughn are now free to pursue thier love that we as viewers so long to see unfold on the screen.  Yeah!  Things progress at a fast pace, even though early in the season they say they want to take things slowly, all leading up to the, "I might be about to die so I better hurry up and do this" proposal.  In the season finale Sydney does say yes.  We all can be heard once again saying "Yippe!" from our comfy couches and lazy boys.  This time of course we don't even get one episode to relish in this.  By the end we learn that Vaughn isn't Vaughn, although we don't know why, and the couple is T-Boned by an oncoming car.  Not an accident in my opinion, by the way.
[post="1356853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

The only part of this show that I think is an accident was "Vaughn" actually falling in love with Syd. I think he was put in the CIA as a plant by Sloane who was looking into taking SD-6 down anyway. Sloane had to do it slowly as not to draw attention, so he implemented "Vaughn" as his double agent in the CIA for SD-6 for Syd, the double agent for the CIA in SD-6.

I thought something was fishy the first time that I saw that "Vaughn" was born in Fleury, France, because the CIA has a policy stating that no foreign born people can EVER be CIA agents...I don't know, just a thought to ponder.

I think Vaughn was a plant, but a good guy plant. The Rimbaldi connection makes the most sense to me....and the watch that stopped the day he met the"chosen one"--probably a Rimbaldi artifact.

Still, I think regardless of good vs evil it is going to be a huge blow to Sydney. Not because of whatever the "secret" is so much, but because there is one. I mean the girl is sick to death of all the lies and deceit. It may be a next to nothing secret, but Sydney may blow it clear out of the water anyway. When Sydney has high expectations of someone their mistakes send her over the top. Look at how hard she is on Jack. I mean right after the episode where she learned how much he loved her and her Mom...boom she explodes on him. It won't be the secret itself that causes her to react very strongly, it will be the last four years of her crappy life leading up to what she thought might be her eloping day! :(

Jamison said:
I agree that she's been following him around like a puppy...and in season 3 it got well past the point of annoying.

But she is in love with him.  He's been the one person (well up until this season finale) that she really thought she knew and could trust.  He was always there for her when she needed him (minus stupid season 3).

Although I like self sufficient Syd, I think it's realistic that she does love him and would forgive him.  Women have stayed together with men who have done a lot worse to them out of love.

Plus we don't even really know what he has to say.  That could be a dream sequence...or he could've been working for good guys that could be viewed as bad.
[post="1357047"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i think its been pretty even on the whole Sydney and Vaughn lusting after one another,
i mean first season Vaughn wanted to be with Syd but her fiance just died so she wasn't really lookin for anybody soon, second season they both wanted one another and they got to be with one another, and third season Syd wanted to be with Vaughn but unfortunally he was married, and i still don't really forgive him for that and i think she forgave him too soon even though i love S/V i thought she should make him wait and regret marrying Lauran, but yea whatever he did now, i'm just sooo confused on whats gonna happen :(

freelancer7 said:
He is too cool to miss that much! :cool:  Someone else said that when Vaughn initially
[post="1356845"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I wish. He misses everything now. :(

jems said:
oh and IMHO he has NOT betrayed her before - he married lauren cos she was dead.  not a betrayal .
(although yes he was a prat in season 3 but thats cos he tried to do the right thing).
[post="1357112"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Guys hate to brake your "he aint never betrayed her" bubble, but he did, big time season 2 episode 17 "A Dark Turn". Vaughn betrayed both the CIA and Syd's trust by researching Irina's past and lying about it also. That's not the only time in Season 2 he lies to Syd, the first 12ish episodes are full of Vaughn "protecting" Syd by not tell her the full truth, and Syd yelling at him for it. I'd recogimend rewatching Season 2 in light of the "I'm not Micheal Vaughn" claim to perhaps unearth some presidance.

valanthaliadon said:
Guys hate to brake your "he aint never betrayed her" bubble, but he did, big time season 2 episode 17 "A Dark Turn".  Vaughn betrayed both the CIA and Syd's trust by researching Irina's past and lying about it also.  That's not the only time in Season 2 he lies to Syd, the first 12ish episodes are full of Vaughn "protecting" Syd by not tell her the full truth, and Syd yelling at him for it.  I'd recogimend rewatching Season 2 in light of the "I'm not Micheal Vaughn" claim to perhaps unearth some presidance.
[post="1358163"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think that's betraying her. What he was doing was protecting her and he thought that it was in her best interest for him not to tell her.

I still think that Nadia is Jack's daughter, and Sydney is actually Sloan's daughter...I mean that would be quite a twist?!

Oh please! If this is true then I will no longer be a fan of Alias.

This is my first post but I have been watching Alias from the pilot. Anyway, my husband has now decided to start watching so we are renting Season 1 on DVD right now.

After re-watching the first 3 eps., I think that the comment Vaughn makes about not meeting her by accident when she goes to the CIA doesn't make sense. First, how would he know she was coming to the CIA and Second, he was removed as her handler and Sydney "requested" his return and promotion. It would seem as if Vaughn can read Syd's mind.

Obviously whatever his secret is, it can't be that he has been working with Sloan. There is no way Irina or Jack wouldn't tell Sydney. No clue on what it might be but Sydney will stay with Vaughn. Love is blind, deaf, and dumb.

Can't wait 'til Season 5!! :P

i can understand that JJ didn't think about making Vaughn someone than he appeared to be, he's developing it now to bring new ideas :P

whatta twist! but i know that "vaughn" and syd will always be together! they have too :angelic:

ooooo I dunno about Sydney being Sloane's daughter... :blink:, though it has been driving me nuts since halfway thru this season that Nadia looks so much more like Elena and Katya than Irina...dunno just does. But if Nadia and Sydney were like either both Sloane's daughters or something I'm thinking the whole Bristow Family will be in the throws of some major drama. I mean, didn't they do a DNA test to clear that up? Or did Jack just say that?

and I'm like the witness protection program idea...

I don't know if I can handle "Vaughn" going: I was SD-6 or whatever...that would majorly suck!!!! Not only for Sydney, but for like Weiss too

Poor Weiss...so abused...his girlfriend's barely hangin' on, and now his best friend isn't who he says he is?!

*sighs* I'm starting to think season 5 could be Vaughn in the hospital...like maybe in a coma... And Sydney's all like dwelling on what Vaughn had said. Maybe she pursues the truth?

And if Jack AND Irina AND Sloane knew?! And it's something much more major than like he was in witness protection...then I see Sydney majorly isolating herself again...

but we know Sydney will go to the end of the Earth to find the truth...or to prove herself... Remember when she was in SD-6 and she dressed up as Will's sister? I could see her going all Rouge and trying to find things on her own if "Vaughn's" like comatose.....ooooooo we should meet "Vaughn's" mom!!! :woot: She's a missing family link!

ok i'll stop rambling now!

OMG.... I completely forgot about that from the beginning of the season Jenlyn.... *must go back and watch beginning of season 3* ... hmmmm

I'm not changing the definition of betrayal to make Vaughn look like a good guy.

But marrying Lauren wasn't betraying Syd. He had every reason to believe she was dead. It might not have been the smartest thing to do, but the didn't betray her.

As for investigating her mother, that wasn't betraying her. Syd was suspicious about it, but after finding out what Vaughn was doing and that it really wasn't bad, she wasn't that upset...he was protecting her.

AliasAficionado said:
After re-watching the first 3 eps.,  I think that the comment Vaughn makes about not meeting her by accident when she goes to the CIA doesn't make sense.  First, how would he know she was coming to the CIA and Second, he was removed as her handler and Sydney "requested" his return and promotion.  It would seem as if Vaughn can read Syd's mind. 

[post="1358369"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
good point. it's so confusing if you re-watch the first three seasons.

Jamison said:
I'm not changing the definition of betrayal to make Vaughn look like a good guy.

But marrying Lauren wasn't betraying Syd.  He had every reason to believe she was dead.  It might not have been the smartest thing to do, but the didn't betray her.

As for investigating her mother, that wasn't betraying her.  Syd was suspicious about it, but after finding out what Vaughn was doing and that it really wasn't bad, she wasn't that upset...he was protecting her.
[post="1358743"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
besides, marrying lauren isn't a secret. he doesn't need to reveal it to syd... :blink:

Now that i've gone and read alot of your theories i would really hate it for it to be a dream. I agee Jack obviously knew lets face his SPYDADDY he knows everything. But he also probably knew it wasn't that bad and that they could get threw this. Im sure Jack knew that Irina knew too.

Back