Season 4 Undo Sydney?

Scarlet Crystal said:
besides, marrying lauren isn't a secret. he doesn't need to reveal it to syd... :blink:
[post="1359135"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's not what I meant ;)

Just commenting on how some people felt that him marrying Lauren was betraying Syd.

Jamison said:
I don't think that's betraying her.  What he was doing was protecting her and he thought that it was in her best interest for him not to tell her.
[post="1358185"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

If we define "betrayal" is in the eyes of the Betrayer rather than in the eyes of the betrayed, as you are suggesting, in that Vaughn wasn't trying to hurt Syd, then most certainly Jack has never betrayed Syd, and one might even venture Irina never betrayed her family, and Sloane never betrayed Nadia.

Jamison said:
But marrying Lauren wasn't betraying Syd.  He had every reason to believe she was dead.  It might not have been the smartest thing to do, but the didn't betray her.

As for investigating her mother, that wasn't betraying her.  Syd was suspicious about it, but after finding out what Vaughn was doing and that it really wasn't bad, she wasn't that upset...he was protecting her.
[post="1358743"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I won't argue the Lauren bit, but lets just remeber that this is Alias - what if Vaughn's "rogue" activities to try to see if Irina was up to anything in "A Dark Turn" was a cover up - to hide the true reasons he was contacting the KGB and FBG(?). I'm not saying Vaughn is as wily as Jack - in his many cover-ups to protect Syd and himself - but that with Syd in his corner, he wouldn't need Spydaddy's skills to sway Syd and the CIA. Anyway their long conversation about secrets needs follow-up. Again I recogomend to anyone that rewatching episode 2.17. If you don't have the DVD's reading Verdantheart's Spyfamily Column would also be advised.

The only thing I think Sydney will feel betrayed about is the fact
that he didn't tell her the truth about who he is.
I don't think his actions were meant to betray her and like he said
it was in his past before he even met her.

Sure she'll feel betrayed but she has had people lying to her all of her
life. Especially with Jack and Irina....she learns they have betrayed her
trust, she forgives them because she loves them and eventually it
makes their relationship stronger. Look at Jack at the beginning of the
season, she was barely talking to him and by the end of the season they
were closer than they have ever been.

It's just another case of someone lying to protect her and in the end she
realizes that and everything turns out fine. He has always done anything
to protect her and has said he would never do anything to hurt her.
She know this which is why she considers him to be her guardian angel.

Mountaineer73 said:
I mean, we just spent four seasons with all things Rambaldi, and it seemed so anti-climatic...at least regarding Rambaldi.
[post="1357450"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It was slightly anticlimactic because it wasn't the climax yet. :smiley:

I agree when you say, I don't think Syd will care so much about the fact that he has a past. She will care more about the fact that he never told her. Honestly....Vaughn is the only person she really completely trusts. She puts all of her trust in him. Not to mention earlier this season, Vaughn said that Sydney was the only person he could trust.

Also, point proved that it doesn't exactly fit into place beause Vaughn was removed as her handler...and SHE requested him back....that doesn't fit at all.

I dont think Vaughns evil or anything like that. As for what will happen.... I dont know. I just... i cant think about it! Its too destressing!!

I still think that Nadia is Jack's daughter, and Sydney is actually Sloan's daughter...I mean that would be quite a twist?!
Yep! A real twist... I don't particularly like it, but I've thot from Season 1 that there was something about the Sloane/Syd blood relationship. Perhaps it's cuz I always bought into the fact that Sloane would end up being a good guy <sigh>

I can't make myself believe tht Vaughn is a bad guy, I mean a really bad bad guy. It dosen't suit him. I love the s/v relationship and if the writers ruin it by pulling a S3 I will be mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first i wus so happy. The scene starts off with them in SANTA BARBARA. My friends and I were so happy when we saw tht. Then I'm watchin thinking no way of all shows is Alias goin 2 end happy. I knew somethin was comin but Vaughn sayin he is not Vaughn......to much, I'm in complete denial. The one thing tht makes me belive tht he is not completely bad is no way would Jack Bristow let his daughter marry a bad guy. If somethin was wrong with Vaughn Jack would do somethin about it, this is Jack we r talkin about.

I hope Sydney can forgive or she'll realize it is not really bad. I know a lot of people think that she should just stop forgiving him for everything but really wut has he done tht is tht bad. He married Lauren, sure but he thought she was dead. He had to move on. There was no way he would have been able ot predict she was bad. Now this, it is not tht much really. For all we know we could be over reacting and it is not tht big of deal. Who knows? We won't find out until next season.

Long enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a bit tht I needed 2 het out lol :lol:

That is true and I think that Jack knows but if he does that pretty much sucks for Syd that both of ehr parents knew something about the man she is going to marry and she didn't.

Can you imagine finding out a secret about the man you love that everyone kept from you...mom, dad, and the man himself. Syd is going to have some MAJOR issues to work through even if the "secret" is somewhat innocuous.

I tend to believe that whatever Vaughn was doing, he was doing for the "side of good" and I tend to think it may have been Rimbaldi related. I think he and his Dad were on the opposing side of Rimbaldi's stuff coming to pass and he was placed in her life as a guardian of sorts over the chosen one....somewhat like his Dad was placed as a guardian over the passenger. Of course then I have more questions....like did Bill Vaughn know he was leaving Nadia with evil Auntie Elena? If so, he was a bad guy or duped. :confused: It is going to be a long summer!

At anyrate I think if Sydney finds out that both her mom and dad(assuming Jack knows and there is evidence from previous episodes that he does) knew about this, she will feel not only betrayed by Vaughn, but by her family as well. That is going to hurt. Whether this was the thing at the beginning of the season that Jack referred to as the thing that would "undo" Sydney....who knows? :thinking:

Back