UNFORGETTABLE

I am so sorry I am not updating yet. I already have chapters 3 and for hand written but I can't find the time to type them.
School is crazy!!! It is my second day and I already have 2 exams, very hard ones!!!
So please be patient. The next chapters are very interesting.
And thanks to everyone for your reviews. it is so great to come here and find new reviews. :D

:D I'll do anything to update tomorrow, I promise.
I am so sorry I am not updating today, I am just online to do some research about DNA, I hate biology, big test tomorrow :angry:
Well I have to go study, but I'll post tomorrow
Thanks everyone and wellcome new readers!!!!! :D :D :lol:

:D Ale

A/N As you know I don’t live in USA, I’ve only been there on vacations. So I am going to be a little vague when talking about locations. This is supposed to take place in a small town somewhere in the US.

CHAPTER 3: THE OUTSIDER

Sydney walked through the streets of her little town. She was supposed to meet her fellow teachers at the café for breakfast before school as usual. But this morning instead of taking her car she decided to walk so it was taking her a little bit longer to get there.

After talking with Nicole the night of her disastrous engagement party she went straight to find Brian. She felt that she owed him an explanation. She had to start being honest with him. They were going to get married. He told her everything. He deserved to know the truth.

After she found him she apologized to him. Brian wasn’t even mad, he was just worried. Sydney started her explanation by telling him about Danny. She told him that she was engaged before but that her fiancé died before the wedding. Without noticing she said “died” instead of “was murdered”.
Sydney had intentions of continuing her explanation but while she was talking about Danny Brian came to the conclusion that this fiancé died on October 1st and that that was the cause of Sydney’s outburst. Sydney was about to tell him that there was much more but she didn’t correct him. That was a good excuse for her behaviour and she wasn’t ready to introduce his innocent boyfriend into all the spy-mess yet. So she remained quiet and let Brian and everyone else believe the simple version of her personal tragedy. They decided that they were going to get married on November.

She then remembered how Brian had assured her that everything was going to be fine and that he would always protect her. When he said that Sydney couldn’t help to think that she could take care of herself and even if she did need protection some time it was way beyond what her boyfriend could offer. “If he’d only know” she thought

Sydney was so immerse in her thoughts that she arrived at the café without even realising it. Her friends were already there. She sat at the table and ordered some coffee while listening to the conversation.

“ So everyone is ready for the big party tomorrow?” asked Nicole

“What ? what party? Why?” said a clueless Rick.

“Don’t you know what day is tomorrow?”

“September 25th I think, why?”

“It is my birthday!!!” exclaimed Rachel a little pissed.

“Oh, yeah that is right. I knew that” said Rick

“I thought you birthday was in January” added Joseph causing Rachel to get more angry.

“How about you Syd? Did you forget about my birthday, too?”

“No! Not at all. I already bought you a great gift. And I am most definitely ready to party”

“That is my girl. It is good to see that your spirits had been lifted”
Sydney smiled “yeah, it feels good”

After a while they left the café and started walking to the school. Syd was walking a little behind with Nicole.

“So what did you buy for Rachel?”

“Oh my god Nic! The truth is that I totally forgot”

“Really? Damn you are such a good liar. You sounded so authentic when you told Rach that you already bought her a perfect gift” mocked Nicole.

“Cut it off. I need you to come with me to buy her something”

“OK. We can go at lunch break”

“Thanks, that’d be great”

Later that day Sydney and Nicole went shopping, so did Joseph and Richard. Rachel was a little taken aback because of everyone bailing her for lunch. She guessed that all her friends were going to buy last minute gifts for her. She didn’t intervened with their plans and left them out relatively easy. She wasn’t in the mood for having lunch at the school so she decided to go to “La Napolitana” and eat some delicious Italian meal. On her way out she bumped into Brian.

“Hey Rach. Do you know where Syd is?”

“She went somewhere with Nicole. Everyone has disappeared for lunch today. I am going to “La Napolitana”. If you want you can join me.

“That’d be great. I’d love some pasta. But I have to meet with one of my student’s father. It won’t take long though. Go ahead and I’ll catch you at the restaurant in a few minutes.”

“Ok. See you”

Rachel arrived at the restaurant where she was greeted by the overenthusiastic owner.

“Raquel!!”

“Hi Mario! How are you?”

“Bene, bene. Very well now that such a beautiful lady has arrived at my restaurant”

Rachel smiled and then proceeded to order her food. She knew that she should wait for Brian, but she was starving and couldn’t wait. She sat at the counter so she could chat with Mario while she ate. There were few persons at the small restaurant that day so Mario didn’t have much to do and was totally devoted to talk to “La bella donna”

Rachel heard the door open and Mario immediately said: “Buon giorno signore! Take a seat. What can I get you?”

Rachel didn’t bother to turn around. She was too busy with her delicious lasagne.

“I am sorry” replied the man “ I was just wondering if you could give me some directions”

“Outsider” Thought Rachel still with her eyes on her food. I wasn’t like they weren’t a friendly town. It was just that most of this “outsiders” were big city rich snobs that only passed by looking down at her beloved town. So nobody was very fond of them.

“Sure. Where do you want to go” she heard always kind Mario answer to the outsider’s previous request.

“ I am looking for a place to stay. So if you could just point me to any hotel….”

Mario started telling him about the various options he had. Rachel looked away from her plate just long enough to give the outsider a disparaging glance. But she soon looked up again with eyes wide open. This was not just any outsider. This was a very good-looking one. Giving the guy some directions suddenly seemed to be a very good idea. So she interrupted Mario’s explanation and started talking to him.

“The Diplomat hotel is the best hotel around and it is just a few blocks from here. Take the first turn right down the street, you can’t miss it. It is not too expensive and it has a great service”

“That helps a lot. Thanks” said the man with the cutest lop side grin while Mario headed back to the kitchen.

“You are welcome” replied Rachel with a flirtatious smile “ I am Rachel Crane” she approached the man to shake his hand.

“Nice to meet you Rachel. I am Michael Vaughn”

“Nice to meet you, too. So… how long are you gonna stay in town Michael??” she said attempting to start a conversation so he wouldn’t leave yet.

“Eh…. I don’t know. I may be here for a while….That depends.”

“Depends on what?”

Vaughn just gave her an I-don’t-want-to-share-too-much smile and then said:

“It depends on how things work out for me here”

Rachel just nodded hoping that things work out really well for the hottie in front of her. That same moment Brian walked through the door and spotted his friend:

“Hey Rachel!” he said

Rachel cursed to herself. Brian had the worse timing but she wasn’t going to let the handsome new guy leave yet so she started speaking again:

“Hi Brian. Let me introduce you to Michael Vaughn. He is new in town and he is going to stay here for a while so we have to make him feel at home”

“Hello Michael. Really nice to meet you” he said kindly. Brian was one of the few persons that was always nice with the outsiders.

“Same here” replied Vaughn shaking his hand.
Just then Mario came out of the kitchen.

“Hey, Mario” greeted Brian.

“Oh! Brian. Ciao! You never come here anymore…. I never got the chance of congratulating you for your engagement. So congratulations!!!”

“So, you two are getting married?” asked Vaughn directing himself to Brian and Rachel.

“NO!” replied Rachel too quickly. “No, he is getting married. I am not. I don’ even have a boyfriend” she said purposely letting out that last piece of information.

“Oh, congratulations to you then” Vaughn said to Brian

“Thanks” He then looked at Rachel and she was grinning non-stop. That plus the “I am not getting married and I don’t have a boyfriend”remark gave Brian a clue. He noticed that Rachel might be interested in the new guy, so he decided to do something for his friend.

“Hey Michael. Tomorrow is this great girl’s birthday and we are having a big party. You should come. That way you could meet some people….. everyone in town is going to be there.”

“Oh. Thank you. I may go” said Michael trying to be polite.

Rachel smiled even more and proceeded to write in a piece of paper the address of the party. She then gave Vaughn the paper and he put it in his pocket.

“Try to go. You’ll have fun” Brian encouraged “If you go I’ll introduce you to my fiancée”

“Oh. That would be nice. Thanks for the invitation and congratulations in case I don’t make it”

“Thank you”

“Well I have to leave know. It was really nice to meet you both” he said as he walked towards the door and out of the restaurant unsure of what to do next.

TBC

A/N
:D Ok, so that was it. I hope you like it. Please post and tell me what you think :D

Well, well, well. Michael is in town and coming to the party. This is going to be so good. Hopefully Syd will be glad to see him. She will be, won't she?

I had some troubles with the pm's so please tell me if everyone received the pm, or if I double pm-ed anyone, just let me know.

OMG OMG OMG!! Michael is t-h-i-s close to Syd and she doesn't even know it yet!! Can't wait to see the reaction on both their faces when they meet! And Brian knows him already, Oh boy, we're in for something major here! The truth is about to come out full circle! Anyway, great chapter, can't wait for more! But unfortunately I have to go since I have a class in 15 minutes!! :smiley: :( Good thing I'm already on campus! :D