UNFORGETTABLE

wow! alejandra... its actually been soooo long since i last posted on this board.. and your PM made me post again! teehee!

anyway.

your fic is definitely the one fic that made me check out fanfiction to begin with! i was never a fan of fan fiction, until i stumbled upon your fic. then, after reading one fic, it drove me to be addicted to fan fiction before. i have your fic to blame for that actually. hehehe!

now, about the update.

it would be such a big twist to learn if kirsten is NOT the mole. All the evidences point that she is one, yet, if she isnt, it will be still be one very fascinating story!

Again, Nicole's story interests me with regards to her Project Christmas background. Good work, indeed!

thanks for the PM! i got one PM for two updates! ;)

Hey guys :D thanks for all your responses especially to you GEE :D it is good to have you back :D

I haven't posted cause I caught the nastiest cold grrrrr so I've been in bed the last few days.... I am finally feeling better.... so I'll update soon :smiley:

RECAP

Francie remembered some things about her missing years.
Weiss is with Nicole at a safehouse. Also there the suspected moles Mark, Kristen and Michelle...

CHAPTER 40: FREE OF SIN

“Almond Joy?” Weiss asked Nicole who was already making a whole on the ground she was pacing.

“You are offering me candy?” She asked in disbelief. “I am about to have a nervous breakdown and you are offering me candy?”

“Look. If I’ve learnt anything in all these years working for the CIA is that there isn’t a problem that can’t be temporarily solved by an almond Joy”

“And you are in charge of the protection of our country…” she said sarcastically.

“I am not saying chocolate will stop war. But Sydney won’t be here for a while so why can’t you relax in the meantime…. Or did you think I have this cool relaxed personality by doing nothing?” he said sweetly.

Nicole smiled “Ok… I’ll have an almond joy…” she said.

“I will be there in about an hour” Sydney told Vaughn over the phone. “Was that everything Francie remembered?”

“Yes, I told you everything she told me” he said.

“Who the hell is Nadia?” Sydney asked.

“I don’t know… but I am guessing she is an important part in this big puzzle…We will figure it out eventually”

“What I don’t understand…” she said “… is why Allison didn’t kill her…”

“Me neither…”

“Anyway… how is Francie?”

“We took her to a safe house… she is sleeping right now. She is fine. Don’t worry about her..”

SAFEHOUSE

Francie woke up abruptly with someone pointing a gun to her head.

“Don’t say a word” the woman pointing the gun said “Understood?” she asked. Francie nodded and the woman removed the gun from her face. The woman moved to the light and Francie felt like she was looking at a mirror. She gasped and Allison held her hands and motioned her to shut up. She didn’t want the guards to wake up.

“I won’t hurt you. I need you to remember something….” Allison told the terrified Francie.

“You tried to kill me” Francie told her remembering her last moments as Francie “You took my place… you hurt my friends…”

“But I didn’t kill you, did I?”

“No…. why didn’t you...?” she asked her.

“Because I needed you…” Allison told her. Francie looked at her puzzled so she continued to explain. “Before I took your place Sloane sent me to recover a manuscript. He already had half of it but he needed to find the other half. When I found it I realized I couldn’t give it to him. So I lied and told him that I didn’t get it. I then tried to destroy the manuscript but I couldn’t”

“Why?”

“I don’t know something possessed me…. This man, Rambaldi, his works they are larger than life I just couldn’t make myself destroy it. So I needed someone to hide it. I didn’t want to risk hiding it myself in case I was tortured for the location. I didn’t want to know where it was. So I forced you to hide it”

“I don’t remember any of this…” Francie said.

“I know… I conditioned you. I gave you two simple tasks that you must accomplish. One was to hide the manuscript ….”

“And the other one….” Francie asked.

“To protect the passenger… if the time should come.After you had hidden the manuscript, I brainwashed you.I made you believe you were somewhere else and I took you to Argentina where you would be safe…. Something failed with your reconditioning and you remembered… something traumatic, I don’t know” Allison responded.

“Who is the passenger? Why are you here now…?”

“This is bigger than you can imagine….” Allison told her and Francie realized that she looked as scared as she was.

“You read that manuscript…. It said something terrible, didn’t it?” Francie asked.

30º11’ East; 20ª2’ South

“That’s a location…In Zimbawe…. of the golden chest. After that there was part of a phrophecy…”

First they will kill their equals, the ones that mirror them; the ones that are the same but are the opposite. Then the passenger will perish and the chosen one will reign. After that they will unearth the golden chest and they will choose to destroy it and end this for this lifetime or they will choose to fullfill the phrophecy and then the brothers will become the slaves of the greatest power.

“Then the manuscript was broken. Sloane has the other half. I don’t know what it says.. but I can only imagine” Allison told her.

“I don’t understand any of this…” Francie told her.

“We are the brothers… the project Christmas kids. That’s why I didn’t kill you, because you are my equal and that’s why I didn’t want the passenger to die. I don’t want the prophecy to be fulfilled. You need to tell this to Sydney, she needs to destroy the golden chest. You need to tell her where it is”

“I will tell her…”

“And you need to remember where the manuscript is…”

“I am sorry I don’t remember…”

“You have to. You hid it… you might not remember, but the decision was yours… You need to find it and destroy it before anyone else does…”

They heard some movement outside the room.

“I have to go” Allison told her.

“Thank you” Francie told her “For not killing me”

“I am sorry” Allison told her “for taking your place…. For hurting your friends…”

She got out the window. She got away from the house without anyone seeing her. She was about to reach the highway when she heard a shot and felt a sharp pain on her shoulder. She felt to the ground. A man approached her while she contortioned in scrutiating pain.

“Julian….” She said.

“Tell me where the manuscript is, Allison and this will soon be over…”

“I don’t know where it is” she told him “I swear”

“I believe you” he told her “But….You realize I have to kill you….”

She nodded in understanding. And she did understand. They were merely pawns in this game and pawns weren’t graced with free will.

“Go ahead” she told him in resignation “I am free of all my sins, Julian…go ahead and kill me… but promise me that you will be free as well some day…”

He looked at her a tear almost running down his cheek and that was it. The last thing that Allison Doren ever saw was the face of the man she once loved pulling the trigger of a gun pointed at her face.

TBC

A/N I really like this chapter.... I hope you guys like it too

:redhair: Ale

BTW almond Joy is a candy bar here.... I don't know where else they sell it... I would have used something more international like Snickers or Milky way, but I wanted smth less common..... anyhow... that's all you need to know, it's a candy bar

Great chapter. i liked the fact that allison actually cared about everything. and I love your take on the prophecy. Great creativity there. this is such a fantastic story and I am so glad you decided to continue on with it. I"m looking forward to more.

Amber

I liked how Allison really had a conscience and despite everything, ended up being good. Let's hope Francie can get Allison's message to Sydney.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

WOW!!!
-I was suprised when Allison was kinda good...
-And then I was suprised Sark just killed her!!!!
Great update!! Very interesting!!

That was great ... aww love Eric ... cant wiat to see where all this is going ... so Nadia is going to be in the story right ??? ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please