Unforgettable

The Bed and Breakfast is gorgeous. I so want to go there! Of course I would like to arrange for Vaughn to be there too. LOL. Eric is not going to waste any more time is he? They can have a double wedding with Syd and Michael.
Thanks for the PM

Great update. I am so happy that Michael and Sydney got engaged. I can't wait for the wedding.

Thanks for the pm.

A/N

Hey guys, we're finally here to the conclusion of Unforgettable. This story was never suppose to be written but I just couldn't let it go and finally caved in. Thanks so much to all of you for R/R. :smiley: CJ

Next story coming real soon in December: What's Love got to do with it?

On with the Conclusion and Epilogue.

~ Part 25~

“I love you so much Michael and I can’t wait to be your wife.”

He laughed.” Just name the time and place and I will make it happen.”

“Mrs. Sydney Vaughn.” She smiled. “I like the sound of that.” She said as he grabbed her face and kissed her once more before breaking the kiss.

“Me too.” He smiled.

~*~ 3 weeks later

“Michael, have you seen my grey suit? She called out from their bedroom. “I can’t seem to find it anywhere.” She said as stumbled over the massive pile of clothes she took out for their closet.

“Nope.” He replied.

With one shoe in her hand and still in her underwear, she made her way toward the kitchen.

“Where could it be? She mumbled before turning to look at Vaughn.“ Michael, did you pick up my suit from the cleaner yesterday?” She asked as he pondered for a few seconds before shaking his head no.

“I must’ve forgotten. I’m sorry.” He said fussing over his tie. “There still time before we leave for the courthouse. Want me to go pick it up?” He asked as she came around the corner to stand in front of him. “Here, let me.” She said, helping him with his tie

“Are you sure?” He said, ready to make a run to the dry cleaner.

“No, it’s all right. I was beginning to wonder if I had totally lost my mind.” She smiled shyly.

“Nervous?” He asked, brushing his fingers up and down her arms in reassurance.

“It’s not every day that a girl has to testify against her father.” She said as he pulled her into a huge hug.

“You’ll do fine Syd. I’ll be there with you every step of the way.” He slightly pulled away to look into her eyes.

“Thanks for coming with me today.” She said as she wrapped her hand around his waist as he placed his hands on the small of her hips.

“So, I thought that maybe after this is all over, we could go visit Europe for a few weeks. What do you say, wanna go?” he asked enthusiastically.

“I for one always wanted to see Italy.” She said smiling at him.

“Italy it is and then perhaps, I can take you to France to see where I was born.” He replied, wiggling his eyebrow as she broke into a huge smile.

“Seeing the city where little Mikey was born…count me in.” she replied, leaning forward to kiss his lips. He couldn’t help smiling back at her. He was glad that he was able to make her smile even though he knew that today was going to be very difficult for her.

“I should go get dressed. Wouldn’t want to be late for the judge.” She said, pulling away from him and heading toward their bedroom.

The arrival at the courthouse was difficult since the media was there to catch a glimpse of the family in the middle of the scandal. Journalists were trying to get an exclusive interview with Sydney or Irina, but their representatives advised them to say nothing to the press; at least for the time being.

Jack was in a waiting room with Irina when his lawyer came in with a letter from Sydney.

“Jack, I shouldn’t be doing this, but your daughter came to me the other day and asked me to give you this letter. She said that you’d find inside everything you’d need to know…whatever that means and that you would understand her motives for testifying today.

“Thank you James. Do you think we could have a few minutes alone?” Jack asked as he and Irina stood there, looking at each other.

“Sure. You have ten minutes.” James said as he closed the door behind him.

Taking his wife’s hands in his, he whispered.” Whatever happens to me today, I want you to know that I love you and Sydney very much and that I will never stop loving you.”

“Jack. “She said, taking one of her hands away from his grip and lifting it up to touch his face.” You’re talking like you’ll never see us ever again.”

“Irina, I know I’m going to jail. The question is: for how long?”

“Maybe they’ll see you being remorseful and decide that prison is not where your service will be the best rendered.” She said in a hopeful tone.

“Don’t be so sure. People would love nothing more than to throw some politicians like me in jail.” He smirked.

“I can’t believe you’re able to joke at a time like this.” She replied, wiping the tears from her eyes.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. ”He said briefly kissing her lips. “We should go, it’s time.” He added as he took Irina’s hand in his and with the other hand, tucked away Sydney ‘s letter in his breast suit pocket.

During her testimony, she kept glancing back and forth between all the people she loved the most. Jack sat there and listened to his daughter give her best recollection of the kind of father he’d been to her growing up. He knew he would never win the father of the year award, but the love he has for his daughter should never be an issue. He loved her then and he loved her still. He gave her a reassuring smile and a nod, giving her the strength to continue talking. Looking intensively into his eyes, that when she finally understood about all the things her father did in order to make her feel safe and loved. She then briefly glanced at Vaughn and knew that he would do basically the same thing as her father did in order to protect the children they are going to have someday. Being a parent means willing to go to war in order to keep your children out of arms’ way.

“I have nothing more to say on the subject.” She said as the prosecutor glanced briefly at the jury. All I wanted to say is that Jack Bristow might not have been the perfect dad, but he still remains my dad and I love him.”

Jack and Irina shared a brief stunned glance as they daughter got up from her witness seat, walked pass them to go back in her seat next to Vaughn. Vaughn took her hand in his and gave it a little squeeze before kissing her briefly on the cheek.

“You did good Syd, I’m proud of you.” He whispered as she glanced back at her parents.

“I hope it’s enough to convince the judge that prison is not where my father belongs.” She sighed.

~ 3 hours later~

The judge came back and after reminding the media to keep the noise to a strict minimum, he proceeded with the reading of the verdict.

On the first count of embezzlement, we the jury find the defendant: Guilty.” The foreman announced. Irina and Sydney closed their eyes as the verdict was read. Vaughn wrapped his arm around Sydney’s shoulder and pulled her closer to him. Irina slightly touched her husband’s shoulder in order to affirm her support to him.

After the rest of the verdict was read, the judge turned to Jack and asked him if he had anything to say in his defence. Jack stood up and faced the jury.

“All I want to say is that I am truly sorry to have dragged my amazing wife and daughter in all of this. I think I’m going to spend the rest of my life making it up to them. As for the people of this city, I’m truly sorry that I abused your confidence in order to fulfill my political agenda.” Jack said staring at the people in the jury box. After he was done with his speech, he stood there awaiting his dreadful sentence.

“Mr. Bristow.” The judge said.” What you did was inexcusable and even do we can all heard remorse in your voice, you leave me no choice but to sentence you to eighteen months of prison in a minimum security. In addition, we also ask that you pay a fine of a hundred thousand dollars that you stole from honourable citizen of this city.

After Jack was taking away, he was lead to a small room as he waited to be taken to prison. Sydney came in and took a seat in front of him. Jack sat there and smiled at the sight of his beautiful daughter sitting there in front of him.

“I didn’t think I would get a chance to see before they took me away.” He said as she reached across the table for his hand.

“Dad, what you did for us…I just wanted to say I understand everything now.”

“Sweetheart. He said brushing his hand over hers.” I meant what I said in court about you and your mother being the most important things in my life.”

“I know.” She said pulling a strand of hair behind her ear. At the same moment, Jack saw the huge diamond his daughter’s ring finger.

“You’re getting married?” He asked as she nodded.

“I hope that when I get out of here, we can start over Sydney.”

“I would like that Dad.” She said as she got up and moved closer to the door.

“I love you sweetheart.” Jack replied as he moved closer to the door and pulled Sydney into a hug. “Take good care of your mother for me.” He said as Sydney’s tears started rolling down her cheeks.

“I will.” She pulled away from his embrace. “Good bye Dad.” She said opening the door, turning to glance at him one last time before quickly closing it behind her.

Vaughn was leaning against the wall and immediately straightened up when he saw her coming his way.

“You okay?” He asked pulling her to him as she cried on his shoulder.

“I will be.” She replied, lifting her head up to look into his eyes. “Take me home.” She said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and headed to the parking lot through a private entrance away from the media.

~ Epilogue~

Eighteen months later…

“WE INVITED YOU out to dinner because we have a little announcement, “Jessica said.

Sydney glanced over at Vaughn and tried not to smile. If Jessica and Eric thought their engagement was some big secret, they were sadly mistaken. For one thing, the two-carat plus rock suddenly present on Jessica’s ring finger was a dead giveaway.

“We’re getting married, “Weiss said, his smile infectious.

Sydney tried to act surprised. “That’s wonderful!”

“Congratulations!” she and Vaughn said simultaneously.

Jessica’s eyes narrowed. “You already knew, didn’t you?”

“Well, sort of, “Sydney admitted, eyeing the diamond ring, and Jessica laughed.

“I couldn’t take if off. It’s just too pretty.”

“This definitely calls for a toast, “Vaughn said, lifting his glass. “To happy beginnings.”

“And happy endings, “Sydney added as everyone clinked their glasses together.

She may not have been surprised by the engagement, but she was thrilled for Jessica and Eric. Seeing them so happy together, she felt a little overwhelmed by optimism.

She felt like anything could happen.

Vaughn sat his drink back on the table and slipped his hand across her tight until he founds hers. He twined their fingers together in a habit that had become second nature to both of them. Sydney looked at him and smiled.

The Network finally accepted recognised that the idea of trying to makeover Michael Vaughn had been stupid and a waste of time and money. The ratings for the show soared even higher that the previous year, so the executives renewed the show for another glorious year.

Nadia finally got the role of the lifetime as she co-starred in the new India Jones and the mysterious treasures, directed by the amazing Steven Spielberg.

“I’m afraid we won’t be much help with the wedding preparations, “Sydney said, and Jessica dismissed her comment with a wave.

Sydney and Vaughn had surprised everyone including themselves by deciding to elope in Italy. They’d gotten married in an unofficial Italian ceremony on the Amalfi Coast, then spent the next three weeks wandering around Italy in a rental car that had no air-conditioning.

Their honeymoon had been far sweatier and more fun than anything she ever could have imagined. They’d even found a deserted beach where she could sunbathe topless for Vaughn’s eyes only.

“Don’t elope, “ she said.” You’ll just piss everyone off, especially your families.”

Sydney’s father still hadn’t completely accepted that she was married, but he’d get there in time. Her relationship with him had been damaged, but they were slowly working it out. She wasn’t in any hurry.

Having finally figured out how to be her own woman, she was having too much fun and life was too short to worry about every single details.

Her mother had surprised everyone by showing up at the party. While Jack spent some time in jail, she attended Sydney and Vaughn’s reception, held after they made their marriage official at the courthouse.

Weiss might have thought his story would damage Sydney’s family, but rather the opposite had happened. It had become the catalyst for positive changes, by opening up the door for her parents to start healing and for Sydney to work on having a closer and truthful relationship with both of them.

“I don’t care who I piss off. I’d be happy eloping, “Jessica said.

“We’re not going to elope, Weiss said. “I want everyone to see us get married.”

Sydney chuckled as she almost expected to see something to go flying across the table at Weiss’s head, but instead, Jessica smiled and shook her head.

“We’ve been having the same argument all week, but I think I’ll let him win this one. After all, it might be the last argument he ever wins with me.”

“Don’t count on it, babe, “Weiss said, and Sydney saw instantly why they were perfect for each other.

They were equals. They weren’t many guys out there equal to Jessica Vaughn, but for some unforgettable twist of faith, she’d found one.

Sydney took a sip of her drink to hide her shameless grin. If Jessica could find her happily-ever-after, then Sydney Bristow-Vaughn believed anyone could.

Absolutely anyone.

The END. :rolleyes:

Pm list:

Secretfriend220
Vaughnshoney
Cai
i love vaughny
ILOVEALIAS27

Syd96
Sydney_alias_vaughn
KaliasGirl

Nancy O
Luckylass
Asioagent
BrownEyedGirl
Leelow13

Cupcake55
Cookiemonster
Jen-Jen
lil_ aussie_ sez

ubielecki
Syd _kicks_serious_ass
Sydney L Bristow
Syd_ Vaughn

Alias79
Aliasfan212
SydneyMicheal
Silvinha
Sarahmaňana
Blknight
SuperDuck123
Wiseman

Addicts list:

1. Sydney L Bristow
2. Alias_Chick_47
3. I love vaughny
4. Sydney_Alias_Vaughn
5. Leelow 13
6. Vaughnshoney
7. Syd 96
8. Kiwi
9. Cai
10. ILoveAlias27
11. Aliasfan212

Great update. I loved it. They eloped! Wonderful. I am looking forward to your new story. Please PM me when you post it. Thanks