Politics Universal Health Care

ALIAS_RULES said:
Woah... confused lol.
Forget it :rolleyes: :lol:

PunkRockGirl said:
I paid for my car, rent and health insurence (It didn't cover much so i did pay medical bills.) I don't have any kids. (Maybe I should have gotten pregnant and lived off welfare the rest of my life, but I choose not too.) As for school I paid for for part of it. I also got grants. Anyone who needs money for school should apply for aid.
Hey that's my life to! Hmm maybe I'll get pregnat to! Hmmm I always wanted to have a job to just have to stay at home! -_-

and in my post I phrased it as: "a tree huggin' democratic lovin' man"..... you took it completely out of context which makes the following comment ludicrous.....

Polluting-war loving-lying republican! how's that?

Sorry, I misunderstood. However, Bush is a polluting-war loving republican. I don't deny that about him.

A friend of mine that travels alot in Canada told me the other day that in Canada the doctor's are salaried government worker's.... and all they have to do is meet their quota each month.... so if you go in to see a doctor and you've got something wrong with your heart and the doctor has already met his quota for the month, it's "see you next month"....

And as far as prescription drug costs being low in Canada.... Canada has the good fortune of the United States absorbing all the costs that go into the research for these drugs.... Canada then turns around and peddles the generic brands.....

To have a system that covers everyone would not require the US to copy Canada or any other nation. But a single-payer system in which the government covers ionsurance premiums but does not employ the doctors is workable.

And for those of you who are so worked up about giving money to the poor: :eek: OMG!! What a horrible idea! A certain first-century Palestinian Jew, whom you probably profess to believe in, certainly liked the idea. Many of you who have that attitude are probably young and rich and think you will always be that way. You have not yet been humbled by life. Take it from this 46-year-old: One day you will be humbled, trust me. The "lower class," as you so snottily refer to them, waits on you in stores and restaurants, cleans up the mess you leave in hotel rooms and everywhere else, works the factories (unless their jobs have been outsourced, that is), drives the trucks, constructs the buildings, teraches your kids, nurses you in the hospital, and performs countless other tasks that need doing while you look down your nose at them -- all for far less than they can reasonbly be expected to make and pay $700 or more per month for a family health insurance policy. And you have the nerve to say they don't deserve health care? I suppose you like child labor too. <_<

I'm not talking about free health care. I'm talking about health care that is not rationed according to who can pay for it. We can develop a system that can cover everyone fairly. There is nothing wrong with that. And it is in the interest of all of us that we have a healthy populace. That is just as necessary as having a public school system. We pay taxes for that, and as Charlie said, it benefits everyone. So would a public health system.

A friend of mine that travels alot in Canada told me the other day that in Canada the doctor's are salaried government worker's.... and all they have to do is meet their quota each month.... so if you go in to see a doctor and you've got something wrong with your heart and the doctor has already met his quota for the month, it's "see you next month"....

Umm... I've never seen a doctor in Canada refuse a patient. I don't know where you're getting your info from, but it is totally false.

And as far as prescription drug costs being low in Canada.... Canada has the good fortune of the United States absorbing all the costs that go into the research for these drugs.... Canada then turns around and peddles the generic brands.....

GENERIC BRANDS!? WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Umm, we have teh exact same brands as you! Who told you anything about generic brands? Also, Canadians do just as much, if not more, research into medicinal drugs than the US. So please get your facts straight before you say something.

Ophelia said:
I'm not talking about free health care.  I'm talking about health care that is not rationed according to who can pay for it. 
[post="1016083"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Which translates into free for someone who's barely getting by.

Just what do you have against the poor, anyway? I hope you learn some compassion some day. You have a lot to learn, my friend. :angry:

ALIAS_RULES said:
GENERIC BRANDS!? WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Umm, we have teh exact same brands as you! Who told you anything about generic brands? Also, Canadians do just as much, if not more, research into medicinal drugs than the US. So please get your facts straight before you say something.
[post="1016134"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OMG, Law.... Simmer down.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I get generic whenever I can.... It's a heck of alot cheaper.... I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it.... Maybe I mis-spoke regarding "peddles generic brands"..... Jeeessshhhh.....

And as far as Canada doing more research than the US?.... In research and development to domestic sales (2002), only Switzerland, Sweden, and the UK topped the United States followed by Germany, France, and then Canada (only Italy fell behind Canada)....

As far as the distribution of pharmaceutical research & development spending (2002), the United States topped out at 61% vs. Canada in a distant last with 1.8%.....

How's that for getting my facts straight? :smiley:

Ophelia said:
Just what do you have against the poor, anyway?  I hope you learn some compassion some day.  You have a lot to learn, my friend.  :angry:
[post="1017463"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
nothing. But being poor does not entitle them to anything.

OMG, Law.... Simmer down....    I get generic whenever I can.... It's a heck of alot cheaper.... I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it.... Maybe I mis-spoke regarding "peddles generic brands"..... Jeeessshhhh.....

And as far as Canada doing more research than the US?.... In research and development to domestic sales (2002), only Switzerland, Sweden, and the UK topped the United States followed by Germany, France, and then Canada (only Italy fell behind Canada)....

As far as the distribution of pharmaceutical research & development spending (2002), the United States topped out at 61% vs. Canada in a distant last with 1.8%.....

How's that for getting my facts straight?

Sorry!!! I over reacted! lol

BIG TIME. hahaha

But yes, Canada is still very advanced in the medical field, and we have the same brands as you. The only difference is that Canadians think that every human being should have the right to see a doctor, no matter what situation they find themselves in.

Simmer down... reminds me of Cherri O'Terri on SNL. lol she was so funny... SIMMA DAN NA! lol

And can I ask where you got that info?

ALIAS_RULES said:
And can I ask where you got that info?
[post="1018629"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It was actually off of a Canadian pharmaceutical website.... I'll look to see if I can find it again..... ;)

I'v got a friend, who, when he was about 7 got treated for what was thought to be strep throat by a doctor in canada. Whoops! He had the bubonic plague. Now he is a little messed up and extremely light sensitive. All the good canaditan doctors come to america to get paid as much as american doctors becasue canada has nationalized health care

AliasHombre said:
I'v got a friend, who, when he was about 7 got treated for what was thought to be strep throat by a doctor in canada.  Whoops!  He had the bubonic plague.  Now he is a little messed up and extremely light sensitive.  All the good canaditan doctors come to america to get paid as much as american doctors becasue canada has nationalized health care
[post="1019049"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Do you mean to say that the doctors in Canada suck? I can list to you a million things that American doctors have done wrong. Amputated wrong limbs, wrong diagnosis, lots of things. It's a tough job being a doctor.

And it's funny how most of our doctors like the fact that we have universal health care. I'm open to the idea of semi-privatization though, but costs will increase then because people are always looking to make that extra buck.

ALIAS_RULES said:
Do you mean to say that the doctors in Canada suck? I can list to you a million things that American doctors have done wrong. Amputated wrong limbs, wrong diagnosis, lots of things. It's a tough job being a doctor.

And it's funny how most of our doctors like the fact that we have universal health care. I'm open to the idea of semi-privatization though, but costs will increase then because people are always looking to make that extra buck.
[post="1019246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Mistakes happen, no matter how good a doctor is, but to mix up strep throat with the plague is like mixing up brain cancer with an ingrown toe nail.

AliasHombre said:
Mistakes happen, no matter how good a doctor is, but to mix up strep throat with the plague is like mixing up brain cancer with an ingrown toe nail.
[post="1019355"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I bet you any money American doctors have made similar misdiagnoses like the one you just mentioned. Canadian doctors are among the best in the world, that's why many major surgical procedures happen here. I don't see your point. You can say whatever you want, Canadian doctors stink, because I know what reality is, and you're just being stubborn.

Back