Unraveling Truths

UnravelingTruths.jpg

Unraveling Truths
Chapter 1

Summary: Sydney dealing with new information from her missing two years and the fact that her Parents are involved.

Couple: S/V of course

Author Note: this is a new story I am working on I hope you like it
Kelli

Sydney was thrashing and rolling round the bed; Vaughn had to tighten his grip around her waist so she wouldn’t fall out of bed. After a few more minutes of tossing and turning, Sydney bolted upright in bed. As he'd done so many nights since they were officially engaged and he'd moved in here; Vaughn held Sydney as tightly as he could, running his fingers through her hair. At last, she calmed, and he asked his usual question.

"What were you dreaming about, Sydney? Please tell me, maybe it will help you stop having them all the time. You've been like this for months now. Please."

Sydney studied Vaughn's face in the dim beams of moonlight that streamed in the window. She saw how much he wanted to help her, how worried he was. All of a sudden, she couldn't bear keeping the secrets from him anymore. She reached out and gently took his hand.

"Okay," she whispered hesitantly. “ I have been dealing with some other information about my missing two years that involves my father. I just haven’t had the heart to tell you it’s just too horrible.”

“Sweetheart, I thought we promised no more secrets if this relationship was going to work. I love you, you know you can tell me anything”

“ I know Vaughn, but this information also protects my mother. I found out that she took her old contacts from 'The Man' organization and created The Convent as a revenge plan against my father. I guess she brain washed me and conditioned me to become Julia Thorne. And the way she finally broke me was to threaten you and my father; if I didn’t give in she would kill my father and then kill you. So I gave in to their demands and became Julia Thorne to protect the people that meant the most to me."

“ Oh God, sweetheart, I knew Irina Derevko was evil, but I never thought in a million years that she would hurt her daughter to get back at your father and wreck our lives in the process.”

At this point Sydney broke down in Vaughn arms as sobs racked her body.

“ Shhh, baby. It's ok, lets go back to sleep, sweetheart. I promise we will deal with this more in the morning.”

“Ok, I love you, Vaughn.”

“I love you too, Sydney, so much. Now go back to sleep honey.”

Vaughn gently rested Sydney's head on his chest and they drifted back to sleep in each other’s embrace.

The next morning Vaughn woke before Sydney and moved out of bed so as not to wake her. He knew after last night's revelations that she needed rest; now that she was finally peacefully sleeping after many months of nightmares. Vaughn entered the kitchen to cook some breakfast and call the office to tell them neither he nor Sydney would be in today. Vaughn set up the griddle to make French toast. Then he went over to the phone and placed a call into Dixon.

“ Director Dixon”

“Dixon, this is Vaughn. I wanted to let you know that Sydney and I are both taking a personal day today and won’t be in.”

“ Vaughn, is Sydney all right?”

“ No; she has been dealing with some information that none of us knew about. I can’t tell you about it over the phone but right now Sydney and I just need to deal with this.

“All right Vaughn, you two may take the day off.”

“Thanks Dixon. By the way, could you tell Jack that Sydney and I need to see him as well; right away.”

“ Will do Vaughn.”

“Bye Vaughn”

“Bye.”

With that Vaughn hung up the phone and finished up serving breakfast and headed to wake Sydney. As Vaughn reentered the bedroom he found Sydney hysterically sobbing in her sleep. He set the breakfast on the nightstand and ran to wrap Sydney in his embrace.

“Shhh sweetheart, it's ok. Wake up baby, you're fine; you're safe. I promise you, you're safe. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise.”

Vaughn couldn’t get Sydney to wake up, so he just let her latch onto him like a child. All of a sudden Sydney jerked out of Vaughn’s embrace and backed up against the headboard.

“No, please no, I will do what ever you want. Just don’t hurt me or them.”

Vaughn just gently went up to Sydney and wrapped her back in his embrace.

“Honey you have to wake up so I can help. Please, sweetheart, wake up.”

Just then Vaughn felt her start to awaken in his arms. “ Vaughn? Is that you?” “Syd, it’s me honey; I’m here. “

"I was afraid they came after you.”

“No one's after me. Syd what’s going on? When I came in you were crying hysterically and wouldn’t wake up.”

“ Vaughn, what I am seeing in my nightmares is not just my mind, they are flashes of what happened to me.”

Vaughn sat on the edge of the bed waiting for Sydney to elaborate on the flashback. Sydney is visibly shaking and tears are streaming down her face.

*Flashback*

“I am strapped to a metal bed with my ankles and wrists in restrains and I am fighting against them; but they are only cutting deeper in to my flesh and I have a gag in my mouth so I can’t scream. The room is completely dark. All I can think about is getting back to you. Then all of a sudden there is a burst of light, I turn my head at the bright light because I am used to the dark. Then I hear a person walking to the end of the bed.

“Hello sweetheart”

“Mom? Let me go. What do you want with me?”

“Sydney, you are going to work with me.”

“Never! I will never work with the likes of you”.

Sydney saw her mother was seething with anger at her last statement.

“Oh, but you will; or your life, as you know, it will never be the same; my dear daughter”.

With that Irina turned on her heals and left Sydney in the dark once again. Sydney was not scared at her mother’s veiled threat. She just knew she had to find some way to get out of there wherever ”there” was and back to Vaughn.

*End of Flashback*

As Sydney finished recounting her horrible flashback she buried her head in Vaughn’s chest. Vaughn was crying also about everything Sydney had been through, and that he couldn’t protect her from what happened to her, or the pain she was going through; at that very moment it just broke his heart. He had Sydney cradled in his embrace and was rubbing her back slowly while cries still wracked her body. He didn’t know how long they stayed in that position but all of a sudden he felt Sydney pull back from his embrace. Sydney looked at him; to him she looked as if she was going to break down at any moment again.

“Sweetheart, what’s going on?”

“Vaughn, I can’t”

“Can’t do what, Syd?”

“I can’t explain these flashbacks to anyone but you; it’s too hard and too emotionally draining. Not even to my father, it’s just too hard.“

“Sweetheart, you don’t have to. Would it help if I went to you father about this on my own? I asked Dixon to have him come over when I called him to tell him we wouldn’t be in today.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, he should be here any minute. I have suggestion”.

“What?”

“What if you were to write them down and I showed them to your father. They can be Tolstoy long if need be, and the only people that will see them are your father and I.”

“I like that idea.”

“Good”

Sydney took out a blank notebook from her nightstand and began writing while Vaughn sat beside her with his arm around her waist. When all of a sudden there was a knock at the door.

“Syd, I will be right back, ok? That’s probably your dad.”

Sydney didn’t even look up from the notebook she was concentrating so hard on remembering every detail.

“ Ok Vaughn.”

Vaughn left the bedroom and went to the front door. The minute he opened it he noticed the very worried look on Jack’s face

“ Vaughn”

“Jack”

“Dixon said you and Sydney weren’t coming in today and that you needed to see me immediately”.

“ It’s Sydney”.

“Michael, is my daughter alright?”

“No, Jack, she not. She has been having nightmares for months now. After the latest one last night she finally broke down and told me what they were about. Turns out she has found out new information about her missing two years and has been dealing with this information on her own.”

“ Why didn’t she come to us sooner? We could have helped her deal with this.”

“Jack, I really don’t know why she didn’t come to us sooner. I think the information she learned put her in so much shock that she didn’t know how to deal with it herself, let alone tell us about it.”

“What exactly did she learn Michael?”

“She said that she couldn’t speak about this again so she is writing it down in a journal as we speak. As soon as she has finished it she would like to see you and have your read the entry. Jack it’s just to horrible to recount again.”

“ I need to see her.”

“She is in the bedroom. Just be gentle with her please Jack. It breaks my heart to see her like this. I never thought someone could survive so many traumas like she has.”

“Vaughn you may not understand this, but I love my daughter to the depths of my very soul. I never intended for her life to turn out like this at all.”

With that last statement Jack turned and headed to the bedroom. When he entered he found Sydney sitting on the bed with the journal up against her chest. Jack slowly went to her and kneeled in front of her so as not to startle her.

“Sydney, sweetheart, it’s daddy.”

To him Sydney looked like the child he use to cradled in his arms when she was sick or had a bad dream while growing up. He just wanted to help her and wrap her in his arms and shield her from any more in her life. Jack moved up to sit beside her on the bed and put his arm on her shoulder.

“Sydney, Michael said you have something you need me to see. May I please?”

“ Daddy I’m not sure you can handle what’s in here I barely can, its earth-shattering.”

“Sweetheart I can handle what ever it is, trust me”.

“ Ok daddy, here you go.”

Sydney finally handed over the journal and Jack opened to the front page and began to read. After fifteen minutes Jack finally finished reading and looked up at Sydney with a horrified and vengeful look in his eyes.

“ She did this. She stole two years of your life for her own end game and ripped you away from everyone you loved.”

“Yes”

“ She will pay, if it takes to my last dieing breath she will pay Sydney. I promise you.”

With that, tears started streaming down both their faces. By this point Jack pulled Sydney into his embrace they melted into the comfort in each other’s embrace.

End of Chapter 1

KAliasGirl said:
As he'd done so many nights since they were officially engaged and he'd moved in here; Vaughn held Sydney as tightly as he could, running his fingers through her hair. At last, she calmed, and he asked his usual question.
[post="1031818"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I already love your story! :love:
Can´t wait for more! :woot:
Can I please get a PM?

Muse

Unraveling Truths
Chapter 2

A/N: Here is chapter 2 Sorry it has taken me so long to write it I have had writer’s block

Sydney was still in Jack’s embrace to both of them it felt like they were holding on for dear life. Jack finally released Sydney and help her back to the bed.

“Dad I desperately need your help.”

“Sweetheart you know that every resource I have and the CIA has will be at your disposal.”

“Dad, it's just that I don’t want anyone else involved beside Vaughn and you.”

“ Okay Sweetheart, we will do this which ever way is easier for you I promise. Sydney, why didn’t you come to Vaughn or I sooner?”

“Because, Dad, when I found out, I just wanted to kill her and I thought I could handle this on my own. We all have too much history with her, especially Vaughn. I couldn’t do that to either of you.”

“Sweetheart, listen to me, Vaughn and I love you. It nearly killed us when you went missing. We spent all of our time searching for you. We never thought you were truly gone. And I promise you, your mother will pay for what she as done to all of us.”

“ I know Daddy, I know.”

“Sydney, I need to go to start the search for your mother. I promise you the CIA will only know anything when we find her.”

“Thank you, I love you dad.”

“I love you, too, Sydney”.

With that Jack kissed Sydney goodbye and went back out in to the living room to speak to Vaughn. Vaughn turned when he heard Jack leave the bedroom.

“How is she Jack?”

“ Vaughn, to be honest I think she falling apart. I can’t understand how she thought she could handle this on her own with out telling us.”

“ I know Jack, she thinks that she always needs a brave face in front of us when all I want to do is protect her.”

“I know Vaughn, trust me I know. But all we can do is support her in until she is ready to let us in all the way.”

“ I know, I just wanted her to have some semblance of peace in her life”.

“ She will get peace Vaughn, if it’s the last thing I do in my life for her. But I need to head back and see if with the information Sydney gave me I can get a fresh lead on Irina. Vaughn, I promise she will pay for everything she has done to all of us. ”

“ Jack, thanks for coming by.”

“Michael, please just take care of her.”

“ I will don’t worry, Jack.”

With that Jack left and Vaughn headed back to the bedroom. When he entered he saw Sydney facing the wall but he knew she wasn’t sleeping. He saw her shoulder heaving she was sobbing. Vaughn slowly walked over to the bed and eased his weight on the bed as gently as he could. Sydney felt Vaughn’s weight dip the bed but she didn’t move.

“Sydney?”

Sydney didn’t say anything she just continued to stare at the wall. Vaughn felt helpless, he couldn’t take away the pain she was going through at this moment. So he just gathered her in his arms and rocked her like a small child.

“Shh Sweetie everything will be ok I promise.”

After holding her for a while longer Vaughn noticed she had finally stopped crying and was finally facing him; but he saw that there were still tears pooling in her eyes. But she didn’t say anything; she just looked deeply into his intense green eyes. Without conveying any words between them Vaughn knew she needed reassurance that if she let him know all the details of her missing years that it would just stay between them and her father.

“ Sydney, your father and I are just trying to help you. I promise what ever happened we will deal with it and your mother will be caught. You’ll have our support 100% honey.”

Meanwhile Jack had begun his search to bring in Irina, he really had no clue were but he was willing to go to any means necessary to track down Irina. But right now he felt as if he was hitting dead end after dead end he had already tried his old SD-6 and Alliance contacts. He was being to get frustrated in a last stitch effort he contacted Agent Brill.
“ Brill”

“Brill, it’s Jack Bristow I need any new information you have on Irina Derevko and The Covenant”.

“Sorry Jack last I heard Irina was in London and that was two months ago Interpol and MI 5 have lost track of her. “

“ Brill, this is terribly important it has to do with Sydney”.

“ Jack as soon as I know something you will know.”

With that Jack hung up and sat down in his armchair in defeat . He will find her no matter what it takes.

End of Chapter 2

wow!
you've already got me intrigued!
i can't believe irina did that to her
pooor syd :cry:
but at least she has vaughn and jack to help her!

please pm me when you update this, it's an awesome story!

luv juju :harp:

Wow! Great story! If you do update this, please PM me!
Also, if you need help, I can if you want! Just PM me or IM me on AIM!

xO Laur

A/N: I know I haven’t updated in a long time but with school and family issues I couldn’t write but here you go hope you enjoy.
Kelli

Sydney was at home enjoying her day off, sitting on the sofa reading, while Vaughn was taking Donovan for a walk. Vaughn had suggested that she come along, but after the emotionally draining morning, running was not what she wanted to do. She just wanted to feel normal for once in her life. She didn’t want to be part of some five hundred-year-old prophecies made by Milo Rambaldi and called the chosen one. She didn’t want her mother to be an enemy of the United States. She didn’t want to be programmed by her father thanks to Project Christmas. She wanted to control her own life. But she knew that wouldn't happen until they captured her mother, got the information they needed from her and put an end to the nonsense.

All of a sudden Sydney felt a weird sense of dejavu.

*Flashback*

Sydney was in her cell after talking to her mother. They unhooked her from the metal table and throw her in a cell and left her there. She didn’t know how long it had been. But then the door to her cell opened and she had to shield her eyes from the bright light. Once her eyes adjusted she noticed her mother was standing in front of her.

“ Sydney, will to be cooperative now or do I have to take more drastic measures?”

“ I told you I would never help you in any way. I don’t care what you do to me. I will never cooperate with your plan. You would have to have me near death before I would ever help you reach your end game.”

“ So be it. It’s your choice, my darling daughter. We can make this as simple or as hard as you like but you will help me in the end either way.”

With that Irina turned to the guard outside Sydney’s cell.

“ Prepare the electro shock room please.”

With that Irina exited Sydney’s cell and left her in pitch-black darkness once more.

Sydney wasn’t scared. She knew that she could handle whatever tactics her mother used. She just hoped Vaughn and her father found her before it was too late.

*End of Flashback*

Sydney drifted out of the flashback just as she heard the front door open and Vaughn entered the house.

“Sydney, we’re home.”

Vaughn didn’t hear her respond. He found it strange, because he knew she was home. Then he thought maybe she fell asleep, so he entered the family room as quietly as possible.

“ Sweetheart?”

Sydney didn’t respond. She was too scared by what her mind had revealed to her. She felt as if she was still trapped. It felt as if she was frozen in place. She knew that Vaughn was in the room but she couldn’t make her body obey her own commands. She wanted to speak but couldn’t.

Vaughn tried to get her attention again

“Sydney?”

Finally he went around the sofa and bent down in front of her. He noticed that her eyes looked hollow; she wasn’t even responding to his touch. Vaughn was scared for her. He needed to know what was going on, but Sydney was sitting there as if she was a statue.

Vaughn tried to get her to make eye contact with him but it seemed as if she was looking right through him.

Vaughn was so worried that he took Sydney in his embrace and cradled her like a baby. After a minute, he lifted her off the sofa and carried her in their bedroom. He set her on the bed but she didn’t move or make sound. She still had the far away look in her eyes.

Meanwhile in her head Sydney was reliving the pain and torture that they put her through.

*Flashback*

Sydney was being dragged out of her cell by her arms and taken to where her mother specified. As they entered she saw he mother standing there waiting.

“Sydney, it's good to see you again.”

Sydney didn’t respond to her mother’s statement. By this point the only way she could survive is to thing about Vaughn.

“ Now sweetheart, I hate to do this, but you leave me no choice.”

” Do your worst. You won’t bend me to your will.”

“ Oh Sydney, but I will."

Sydney was strapped to the chair and the electrodes hooked up to her temples, arms and legs.

“ Charge to 250.”

As Sydney felt the volts course through her body she just she just let her mind wander to a more peaceful time when she was home in Vaughn’s warm embrace.

*End of Flashback*

Vaughn was truly worried about Sydney. He had to get her to talk, he wanted to know what was going on. It was really scaring him.

“ Sweetheart?” Sydney, talk to me honey. All I want to is help you. Just talk to me.”

But Sydney didn’t move a muscle she just stayed in the same position that Vaughn found her in when he came home.

Vaughn wanted Sydney to talk to him but he couldn’t seem to bring her out of the trance she was in. And now he didn’t want to leave her for a moment in this state. He decided to call Jack. He took out his cell phone and dialed Jack’s number.

“ Bristow.”

“ Jack, it's Vaughn. I need you to come over to our place right now."

“Vaughn, what’s wrong?”

“ I came home from walking Donovan and found Sydney sitting on the sofa. When I came into the living room she didn’t even move. She wouldn’t even respond to my voice or touch. I physically had to pick her up and carry her to our bedroom. She still won’t move or respond.”

“ I’m on my way.”

“Thanks, Jack.”

With that Vaughn hung up and put the phone back in his pocket. Afterward, he embraced Sydney. She still didn’t make a sound or movement. He just sat there with her in his arms.

Jack was so worried about his daughter, he wanted to hunt down Irina and kill her with his bare hands. And when Michael called to tell him about Sydney his hatred for Irina grew even more.

Jack showed up at the door no more then twenty minutes later. Vaughn didn’t answer the door. He told Jack that he would just leave it open because he didn’t want to leave Sydney alone. So Jack entered the house and slowly entered the bedroom and saw Vaughn cuddling Sydney.

“Is she all right?”

“ No change Jack. None at all, and its really scaring me. She's never been like this, I’m not sure how to help her.”

“ Vaughn, why don’t you take a break and I’ll sit with her for a while.”

“Thank you.”

Jack took over Vaughn's position while Vaughn went to take a walk. Jack looked at Sydney and couldn’t believe that this person in front of him was his usually vibrant daughter. He was so scared for her. He just wanted her to have a normal and peaceful life, not the complicated mess her life was.

He was holding her in his arms when he finally felt her move.

“Sydney, sweetheart.”

“Daddy?”

“Honey it’s me. you're ok, I promise.”

“ Where’s Vaughn?”

“ He went for a walk. You really scared both of us.”

“I’m really sorry about that I didn’t mean to."

“ We know that sweetheart. We just want to help. Can you tell me what started this episode?”

“ A flashback of what happened while I was gone of mom hooking me up to electro-shock to make me cooperate with her. That flash just sent my mind into protection mode so I wouldn’t completely break down.” With that Jack just hugged his daughter in an embrace to soothe her fears

End of Chapter 3

Unraveling Truths
Chapter 4

A/N: Here is Chapter 4 I thought since you waited so long for chapter 3. I thought I would give to you 4 faster Kelli.

Vaughn pushed the door open to the house and kicked off his shoes. He immediately went to Sydney's room to check on her. He pushed the door open slowly to make sure that she was not asleep. Sydney was awake on the bed talking quietly with Jack. Her eyes were glassy, and her face was pale, and it seemed like the first time that he had ever seen Sydney look scared. Vaughn walked over to the bed a knelt down to Sydney’s level and bushed a strand of hair out of her eyes.

"Sydney sweetie, are you all right?"

Sydney mumbled that she was fine but Vaughn knew otherwise but he didn’t push her.

"Sydney what’s going on? You really scared me, that’s why I called your father. Because I couldn’t help you."

Again Sydney mumbled she was fine. Vaughn finally realized that she didn’t want him at the moment. She just wanted her father. It hurt that she wouldn’t tell him what was going on, but he understood at this moment that all she really needed was Jack.

"Jack I’m gonna order dinner let me know if you need anything."

" No problem, Michael."

With that Vaughn left the room and went to place an order of Thai from Sydney’s favorite restaurant.

Meanwhile, in the bedroom Jack was trying to get Sydney to clam down the rest of the way. He could still feel her shaking and crying. He put his hand on her back and started rubbing in slow circles like he’d do when she was a young child and upset.

"Sweetheart you're home. You are safe, she won’t come after you again, I promise".

Sydney didn’t respond but Jack finally felt her relax and her breathing was returning to its normal pace.

"Sweetheart, are you ready to go to the living room? Michael ordered dinner, it should be here any minute."

Sydney just nodded meekly not really wanting to deal with Vaughn at the moment. She still felt like curling up in a ball and crying until she couldn’t cry anymore.

Jack slowly guided her into a sitting position and took her hand in his, holding it firmly. Sydney’s eyes were downcast. She didn’t want to see the sadness her father felt for her.

" Sydney Sweetheart, can you look at me honey?"

Sydney finally gained enough courage to lift her head and look at her father. She was surprised at what she saw in his face. She did not see sadness. She saw a loving, caring father that wanted to make right all the wrongs in his little girl's life.

"I promise that we will keep you safe. I will personally capture your mother. I will make sure she pays."

"I know daddy, I’m just so scared."

"I know you are sweetheart, but you have Michael and I to help you now. We will do anything for you."

"I know but every time I go back to those moments I feel like I'm stuck in place, and that I can’t get back to present time."

"Sydney, I understand that, and Michael does too. Shutting him out just to protect him won’t do either of you any good. He loves you, and he wants to help you deal with this sweetheart, as do I. You have to let him in. You need to rely on him like you have in the past. Promise me you won’t shut him out anymore."

"I promise."

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too, dad."

Just then Vaughn came back into the bedroom he saw that Sydney looked happier.

"Jack, Sydney, dinner's here."

"We’re coming Michael. Ready Sydney?"

"Yes."

They all sat down to dinner, but it was strained to say the least. Sydney kept looking at Jack and Vaughn. She looked as if, if she said a word, she might break down again. Which broke Vaughn’s heart. He wanted to gather Sydney in his embrace and tell her everything was going to be ok. As dinner was wrapping up Jack turned to Sydney.

"Sydney, would you like to have dinner Wednesday night? I think it would be great for us just to have some time together."

"I’d like that, Dad."

"Ok, I’ll pick you up at 6 o’clock "

"Sounds perfect."

"Well I’m going to go."

"Goodnight, Dad."

"Night, Jack."

As Jack left Vaughn turned to Sydney and Vaughn opened his arms. She entered his loving embrace and finally let the tears flow.

" Shhh Syd, it’s all right. I’m right here sweetheart. Please tell me what’s going on."

"I had another flashback about the torture. This time it was three rounds of electro-shock therapy."

"Oh sweetheart, I’m so sorry."

"It’s not your fault."

"If I had just found you none of this would have happened to you."

"Vaughn, there is no way that any of the blame belongs to you at all. This is all my mother’s fault. She just wanted to fulfill her own end game."

"Sydney, I know that. I just wish it had never happened at all. I wish I could have protected you."

"Vaughn, I'm so worn out. Can we just go to bed and deal this more in the morning?"

"Sure, sweetheart."

With that Vaughn led Sydney to bed and held her until she fell into deep, peaceful sleep.

End of Chapter 4

First?

-

Muhahaha! First! Go me! I beat the PM too :happydance:
I loved the chappy, Kelli!
Its so sad that Syd has to go through that :cry: *bawls*
And that is a side of Jack that I've never seen befoire :P
I'm glad that Syd stopped shutting Vaughnie out or else.. I'd cry! lol

Update soon!!

EVERYONE, GIVE KELLI MORE REVIEWS! I'll quote in a second ;)

Again Sydney mumbled she was fine. Vaughn finally realized that she didn’t want him at the moment. She just wanted her father. It hurt that she wouldn’t tell him what was going on, but he understood at this moment that all she really needed was Jack.

Awww, poor Vaughnie.. She should talk to him.

With that Vaughn left the room and went to place an order of Thai from Sydney’s favorite restaurant.

I still don't know what thai is 😆

"Sweetheart, are you ready to go to the living room? Michael ordered dinner, it should be here any minute."

*whines* Now I'm hungry!!

" Sydney Sweetheart, can you look at me honey?"

Sydney finally gained enough courage to lift her head and look at her father. She was surprised at what she saw in his face. She did not see sadness. She saw a loving, caring father that wanted to make right all the wrongs in his little girl's life.

"I promise that we will keep you safe. I will personally capture your mother. I will make sure she pays."
"I know daddy, I’m just so scared."

Poor Syd. I think I am going to go and capture Irina before he can!!

"I know you are sweetheart, but you have Michael and I to help you now. We will do anything for you."

"I know but every time I go back to those moments I feel like I'm stuck in place, and that I can’t get back to present time."

"Sydney, I understand that, and Michael does too. Shutting him out just to protect him won’t do either of you any good. He loves you, and he wants to help you deal with this sweetheart, as do I. You have to let him in. You need to rely on him like you have in the past. Promise me you won’t shut him out anymore."

I agree. She has to stop shutting Vaughnie out. He is there to help her! I don't think she understands that..

"I promise."

Good.

Just then Vaughn came back into the bedroom he saw that Sydney looked happier.

"Jack, Sydney, dinner's here."

"We’re coming Michael. Ready Sydney?"

"Yes."

*runs to get food*

They all sat down to dinner, but it was strained to say the least. Sydney kept looking at Jack and Vaughn. She looked as if, if she said a word, she might break down again. Which broke Vaughn’s heart. He wanted to gather Sydney in his embrace and tell her everything was going to be ok. As dinner was wrapping up Jack turned to Sydney.

*hugs Syd*

"Sydney, would you like to have dinner Wednesday night? I think it would be great for us just to have some time together."

"I’d like that, Dad."

"Ok, I’ll pick you up at 6 o’clock "

"Sounds perfect."

What about Vaughn? Can he come? Please say he can come too!

As Jack left Vaughn turned to Sydney and Vaughn opened his arms. She entered his loving embrace and finally let the tears flow.

" Shhh Syd, it’s all right. I’m right here sweetheart. Please tell me what’s going on."

"I had another flashback about the torture. This time it was three rounds of electro-shock therapy."

Not fun 🇳🇴 Well, if he was with Lauren, she would be doing SO much worse..

"Oh sweetheart, I’m so sorry."

"It’s not your fault."

"If I had just found you none of this would have happened to you."

"Vaughn, there is no way that any of the blame belongs to you at all. This is all my mother’s fault. She just wanted to fulfill her own end game."

It's not his fault!

With that Vaughn led Sydney to bed and held her until she fell into deep, peaceful sleep.

Awwww :love:

Loved the chapter!!!

xO laur

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Kelli gave me permission to yell at everyone to review!!

She worked VERY hard on this chapter! I think that if YOU wrote a fic that you would appreciate some reviews! Last chapter ONE person reviewed! It is very frustrating when you work on stories and no one reviews. Please leave her a good review!

Back