Unresolved

I actually don't know how to continue with this story considering I DID have another chapter (I'm sorry, I'm bitter) and I don't know if I can recreate it. Alright, how about this; I'll do three more chapters of this one then I'll finish it off (because I've got two other stories going at the moment), okay? I'll try to get one done tonight and the other two will probably be slow in coming. But I'm glad you still want the story!

~Me :angel2:

Alright, it's been awhile since I've written this one, so I'm sorry if it rings of my other two stories.

Sydney hurried through the opening gates. She thanked some higher power as the loud creaking briefly took her mind off... other thoughts. Walking into the central area, Sydney saw a (now fully dressed) sullen Vaughn slouched at his desk, looking glummer than ever. He was playing with a pencil, randomly drawing on a pad of paper in front of him but not really paying attention. She walked over to him quietly and touched him on the shoulder. His head jerked up and he swiveled in his chair to meet her.

"So, um, I heard you wanted to talk to me," she said, looking down at the floor and clasping her hands.

"Yeah. Come on, over here," he said, taking her arm and leading her to a secluded area.

"Vaughn, I--" He put a finer up to her lips, and the anxious look that had previously flitted across her face was no replaced with lips set in a thin line and arms folded across her chest.

"Alright, let me start from-- anywhere. First of all, Alice and I broke up. Second of all, I am not going to hurt you. Anyways, you've been in relationships before, so why get worried with me?" he asked in a worried, yet soft voice, a puzzled look on his face.

"It's just so complicated. I guess I don't want you to hurt me because-- well, because you're the first one I truly cared about." This confession shocked them both, but Vaughn quickly came to his senses.

"I'm the what?"

"You heard me. And then there was the Alice thing, and you gave me that bracelet, and it was just so confusing. I mean, wouldn't you be confused?" she said, the anxious look returning to her face.

"I guess I would. Syd, I didn't even think about how-- all of this would affect you. I'm sorry--" It was Sydney's turn to do the silencing now, however.

"Vaughn, I'm the one who should be saying that. I mean, you've done nothing but be there for me and all I've ever done is push you away. Can you forgive me?" This time, tears had pushed their way to her eyes, and were threatening to spill.

"Syd, there's nothing to forgive. It's all over and done with." He enveloped her in a hug, and she cried on his shoulder for a few minutes until Jack came in.

"Well, I see you two have settled your differences," he said coldly. Vaughn blushed, as did Sydney. They let go of each other while Vaughn shoved his hands in his pockets and Sydney tucked a stray piece of hair behind her left ear. "Good, now that that's out of the way, it's time to take down the Alliance." Jack nodded at them and left the room. Sydney looked at Vaughn hopefully, and he just returned the shocked look and walked out the door, with Syd following close behind. When she stuck her hand in her pocket as she walked out the door, she felt Irina's instructions. She was going to save those for later.

Sorry if it's not exact. I've got to work on Untitled and And Then There Was One, so hopefully I'll be able to do the other two chaps soon!

Thanks! It's just really hard with two other fics in the process, one of which I never even know when new parts go up half the time, so... yeah. Glad you guys like it!

Back