Until the Time Comes

Until the Times Comes
xMountineer02300844x

Rating: PG-PG-13ish
Disclaimer: I own nothing, except for the things I have made up
Summary: Sydney Bristow-Vaughn, 29, is a high school English teacher, track coach, and ex-SD-6/CIA/APO agent. She is married to ex CIA handler and APO agent Michael Vaughn, 29, a high school French teacher and hockey coach. They have two children: Isabelle (5) and Joey (3). The Bristow-Vaughn’s’ are one happy family and have finally forgotten about their hard past. There’s one day that will send them out of their normal lives to go back to the old life of spies, lies, and espionage.

Chapter One
“Your homework for tonight is to finish reading the syllabus and get it signed by your parent or guardian. Have a great day!” Mrs. Bristow-Vaughn said right before the bell rang.

“BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING,” the end of the first day of school. It was a warm August day and Sydney liked it that way. She taught freshmen academic and honors English.

“Excuse me, Mrs. Bristow-Vaughn, I have a question I’d like to ask you,” Cindy, probably one of the shyest girls in her Freshmen Honors English class said.

“Sure Cindy, go ahead.” Sydney said. Cindy reminded Sydney so much of her old self.

“How can I join the fall track team?”

“I am the track coach for girls, so,” Sydney paused and looked through her clipboard stack and pulled out a hot pink clipboard that said Coach Bristow-Vaughn on it, “Just sign your name and grade on the lines provided. There’s a brief meeting and a practice tomorrow right after school. Meet back in my room 15 minutes after the bell.”

“Okay. Thanks a ton Coach!”

Sydney had to wait fifteen minutes before she could leave and go pick up her children, Isabelle and Joey. She decided to put away her five colorful clipboard back in their bins, filed all unfilled papers, and logged off her computer. When she looked up at the clock to see what time it was, she saw her husband Vaughn leaning up against the doorframe.

“About time Bristow!”

“Well…I got carried away in my cleaning.”

“That’s alright; I just wondered where you were.”

“Don’t worry, I’m usually fine Vaughn.” Sydney said. She still called him Vaughn; she just couldn’t let it go.

“So you’re ready to go pick up the kids then right?” Vaughn asked questioningly.

“Yup.” Their children were at a high security academy not too far from where they both taught and coached at.
---------------------------
Rutherford’s Academy
Pick-up Line
“Name and I.D. please.” The security lady inquired.

“Isabelle and Joey Bristow-Vaughn. I’m their father and she’s the mother.” Vaughn presented the security lady with his driver’s license.

“Thank you.”

The academy was an old brick building with three floors and old style windows with vines growing up the sides of the building. Vaughn drove into a circular drive where parents picked up their children.

“Daddy!” Izzy screamed out.

“Hey pumpkin! How was your day at school?” Vaughn asked Isabelle

“It was great! Where’s Joey and Mommy?”

Vaughn scanned the circle drive for them. “Over there by the bushes.”

Vaughn and Isabelle walked over to where Sydney and Joey were. Joey had just gotten done telling Sydney how much fun ‘arts and craps (crafts)’ was.

“Is everyone ready to go home and swim?” Sydney asked.
“Yea!” the kids shouted in unison.

---------------------------
Bristow-Vaughn House

Vaughn drove the XC90 into the three car garage. The house was white with a veranda that went around the whole house until it reached the back porch. A beautiful array of flowers wrapped around the entire front with two large birch trees on each side of the brick drive way. From the drive way, there was brick walkway that led to the veranda and the front door.

The children ran off inside the house as Sydney and Vaughn opened the back hatch to retrieve their briefcases. Syd’s was chic Coach briefcase and Vaughn’s was a jet black leather Kenneth Cole one.

“Isabelle! Joey! Come get your backpacks!” Sydney yelled.

“Syd, honey, what’s for dinner?”

She hadn’t thought about that yet. “Hmmmmmmm…I think homemade Mac ‘n’ cheese, my mom’s recipe. Is your mom still coming in for the weekend?”

“Yea…and I think she’s bringing her dog, Calie.”
-----------------------------
The Bristow-Vaughn’s ate dinner outside for a change and swam in the pool for a couple hours while Sydney sat at their pool side table entering names in her and Vaughn’s’ grade books. Vaughn would do it too, but Syd had neater penmanship. After hours of them swimming she decided it was time for the little kiddies to go to bed.

“Izzy, Joey, time to get ready to go to bed.” She said.

“No mommy!” Joey proclaimed.

“C’mon kiddo, you won’t be able to watch ‘The Incredibles’ tomorrow night with us.” Vaughn told Joey.

“Alright!” Joey said after is daddy said the magic word.

Vaughn had both children ready for bed within ten minutes with teeth brushed, PJs on, and gone to the potty. Sydney was surely surprised at this.
Sydney walked into Isabelle’s cream colored room with her pink bed, pink curtains, cream dresser and pink chair. “Good night Izzy. I love you!” Sydney and Vaughn said together

“I love you too Mommy and Daddy.” They tucked her in, kissed her, and left.

Now they went to Joey’s room, a pale green room with dark sheets, a natural wood dresser, and a rocking chair. “Good night Joe-Joe, don’t let the bed bugs bite, and we love you!”

“Love you too!” Joey said. With that they tucked him in and gave him a kiss as well.

As soon as they were in their room, Sydney popped the question on her mind, “Vaughn, don’t you ever want to have more children running around?”

“Yes, but the timing isn’t right. There’s just something telling me to hold back and wait until the time comes.” Vaughn said. With that they got ready for bed and there was no more discussion on the topic.

Link to Ch. 2

I love the name of the children and how Vaughn and Sydney teach at the same school. Can i get a pm when you update please? Thanks

Due to the large response of people, I have decided to post the chapter I have today instead of Thursday or Friday. Please R&R...like all my other fics you can suggest certain things you'd like to see more in the story. :smiley: There'll be more action in some of the upcoming chapters, I'm just giving you stuff to know. :D
-Erin-:smiley:

Chapter Two
Sydney got up early and made waffles, a fruit smoothie, juice, sliced oranges, and even ran to the local Starbucks to pick up Vaughn’s coffee and her green tea.

Promptly at 6:30, Joey and Isabelle ran down the stairs into the warm yellow kitchen that had stainless steal appliances, a large island, and a bar to sit at. The kids ran up to their mommy and gave her a morning hug and kiss. They sat down at the bar. Vaughn came down five minutes later ready for the day and kissed Sydney on the lips. “Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!” the little kids screamed. “Yuck!”

“Your grade books are done Mike!” Sydney said happily.

Since when does she call me Mike? She must be trying to get me to change my mind about my answer last night, he thought.

After half and hour of getting Isabelle and Joey ready, they were each in their own cars heading separate ways: Sydney in her XC90 was taking the children to school and Vaughn in his BMW, off to school.
--------------------------------
Once Vaughn reached the high school, he made signs to plaster all over the school to try to recruit players for the school’s hockey team. He thought they looked pretty good.
----------------------------------
Finally, after fifteen minutes, she was at school. Sydney logged on to her computer, read all of her new e-mails, including the ‘good morning sunshine’ one from Vaughn. She also prepped for her lesson of the day: get to know you. The activities were an M&M activity where a certain color meant you had to say something about … and to explain the daily journal activity that took place every day.
----------------------------------
Vaughn’s lessons included French 1, 2, and 3. For French 1, he was going to teach them how to say 'My name is…' and the alphabet. He was going to have a contest to see who could rattle off the entire alphabet by the end of class. For French 2 and 3, he had a review test to see what the students remembered from last year.

He hadn’t spoken French since the past June. Vaughn didn’t speak it as often as he did when he worked for the C.I.A and APO. He was a native of France and spoke rarely in French during his American childhood. Vaughn majored in French with ease, he taught French for the two years Sydney was missing…

Later that day…
Coach Bristow-Vaughn changed into her track practice clothes: a maroon racer back tank and black shorts. She waited for her new track members to come to the very first meeting of the season. During her free time she managed to make a track attendance sheet. She waited five more minutes before she started.

“Hello, my name is Coach Bristow-Vaughn; you can call me Coach Syd if you like. You’re all her for fall girls track correct?” All the girls nodded in agreement. “Great! We’re going to take attendance and handout practice times. All of you have physicals on file so you can participate…so any questions? No? Okay then, let’s head out on to the track!”

She led a group of girls from her south building classroom to the football stadium where they were going to practice. As they were walking in the parking lot, her spy instincts kicked in. Something wasn’t right. She did a quick scan of the area. Nothing. Then, she saw it, a black town car with a guy in a suit. Probably some dad picking up his snobby daughter, she figured. She ignored it. “Okay girls, let’s stretch out and we’ll start with a warm-up jog.”
The girls stretched for five minutes and then did the warm-up jog with the girls. She saw the man taking photographs. This little thing in the back of her head told her that this is some plot, like when she was hired by SD-6. Sydney stopped by her bag, pulled out her cell, acted like she was dialing a number and snapped a license plate number. She sent it to her e-mail then deleted the picture. Sydney told herself to call up Marshall to invite him, Carrie, and sons Mitchell and Patrick over for dinner. She wondered why the man was here. Is the man here for a new black-ops? Covenant? Private Investigator? A silly joke? She wondered.

looks great, can i get a pm when you update? thanks!
Aliaschick347

Thanks! Sure can ;)
hmm . . .premonitions. . . problems in paradise. pm me please

No problem! :smiley:
that was great
could you keep me on the pm list please???
thanks for the pm

Thanks! Yup ;)
I love the name of the children and how Vaughn and Sydney teach at the same school. Can i get a pm when you update please? Thanks

Thank you. You sure can ;)
awwwwww i love it
can't wait for more
thanx for the pm

Thanks! You're welcome. :smiley:
Great start, I loved it. Can I have a pm when you update :Please:
°°NiCkY°°

Thanks! You sure can get a PM ;)
Great Start...
Thanks for the pm...
Keep me on the list please.

Ok, I will :smiley:
great story pm me

Thank you. Okay :smiley:
Great beginning I would love to get a PM when you update

Thanks! No problem, I'll PM you. :smiley:
love it!!!!

Sydney and Vaughn with kids!! how cool is that!!!!

can i get a pm!!

great start update A.S.A.P.

You sure can get a PM :smiley:
omg i love it!!!!!
can i get a pm for this story 2!!!!

Thank you! You can get a PM for this story too! ;)

PM LIST
texasalias2004
aliaschick347
fire*n*ice
tubby
benzmine
vaughnsgurl4lf
Nicky_Bristow
sydneymicheal
KAliasGirl
Syd_ Vaughn
alias#1
mnkdance963

Link to Ch. 3

She led a group of girls from her south building classroom to the football stadium where they were going to practice. As they were walking in the parking lot, her spy instincts kicked in. Something wasn’t right. She did a quick scan of the area. Nothing. Then, she saw it, a black town car with a guy in a suit. Probably some dad picking up his snobby daughter, she figured. She ignored it. “Okay girls, let’s stretch out and we’ll start with a warm-up jog.”
The girls stretched for five minutes and then did the warm-up jog with the girls. She saw the man taking photographs. This little thing in the back of her head told her that this is some plot, like when she was hired by SD-6. Sydney stopped by her bag, pulled out her cell, acted like she was dialing a number and snapped a license plate number. She sent it to her e-mail then deleted the picture. Sydney told herself to call up Marshall to invite him, Carrie, and sons Mitchell and Patrick over for dinner. She wondered why the man was here. Is the man here for a new black-ops? Covenant? Private Investigator? A silly joke? She wondered.
I wonder who that man is, I hope he doesn't want to hurt Syd or Vaughn....

Great chapter. Thanks for the pm :D

°°NiCkY°°

Back