Until We Meet Again

SkyGirl5

Cadet
ok so i think the best way to describe this fic is how my beta did - it's Intense
i'm not gonna lie its Angsty, very angsty and kinda crazy at one point
its long and it's probably gonna be one of those fics you all want to string me up by my toes and force me to fix it but i promise there is a happy ending :D

UWMA1.jpg

Until We Meet Again
Genre: S/v Angst, CIA but AU
Summary: Sydney and Vaughn have never met, but they both work for the CIA (her in LA, him in DC). Sydney's life has been filled with ups and downs ever since the death of her fiancee, Danny. Now she's disappeared. Vaughn, a not very experienced agent, has been recruited for a deep cover mission he's not sure he can handle. Suddenly he's thrown into a dangerous world where his only ally doesnt know his true identity.
a/n: i belive this is pretty much explained in the first chap but sydney's life has played out just as it did on the show (more or less) up until the time the covenant abducted her with one major difference - she never knew vaughn.

Chapter 1

September 30, 2005

My father was a good man. He was a great man, a company man, and one of the best CIA officers of his time. He went on more missions than I can remember and almost all of them were a success. He was devoted to his job and that devotion killed him. On the surface and to his officers he never questioned anything. Every assignment he took and carried out with the exception of his last one. The one where he didn’t come home. But in his journals, he questioned. He questioned the CIA director’s assignment. He wrote out what he should have said to his superiors. He wondered if the decisions they made were correct or dangerous. He should have said those things but he didn’t.

When I discovered his journals shortly after joining the CIA myself I vowed that I would never do that. Because following protocol and never questioning it killed him. I realize that protocol is there for a reason and I do follow it but I can’t help but wonder if my father had followed his gut instincts about his last mission he would be alive today. Because of that I vowed, I swore to myself I would never do that. But here I am, doing exactly that.

Just a few hours ago I was given an assignment that quiet frankly, terrifies me. I’m on the plane right now, en route to France where I will now be based. I’m slightly thankful for this because France is like a second home to me. I was born there and spent many happy childhood years there. But still, I’m terrified. My assignment is deep cover. Deep, deep cover. Deeper cover than I ever thought possible so, of course, it’s terribly dangerous. I’m going to be a double agent for one of the most dangerous organizations there is.

I don’t know why they picked me, truly, honestly I don’t. I think I’m too green, I’ll admit it. Yes, I am a good agent. Yes, I have been on many successful ops. Yes, it would appear that I have inherited many of the same good instincts as my father but, still, I’m not quite thirty years old. I’ve been an active field agent for not quiet five years but... I don’t feel ready for this. This is high stakes.

Still, they picked me. They picked me and I will have faith in their decision because this mission is not expendable to them. They trust me and I’m grateful for that but still... I’m just not sure.

Tomorrow at 1800 hours I am to report to my new job as Pierre LaFont. I don’t know how long my job will last. I don’t know what it will entail. I don’t know what I’m getting into I only hope that I have the strength to carry it out.

Slowly, Vaughn put his pen down and scanned over the page in his journal he had just written. Then, he put the cap back on the pen and put the lock back on the journal. He laughed to himself, thinking that a locked journal is something that a little girl would have. A tiny silver lock with a key on a pink string so that her older brother wouldn’t read her private, innermost thoughts. That isn’t why he locked it though. He locked it because he was entering enemy territory and if they found that journal, what he had written down, he would be dead in an instant. Actually, in an instant he would be worse than dead. He would be tortured endlessly for information until the enemy finally had the mercy to let him die. But still, he had to write, it kept him sane because at that moment, he felt like he was going out of his mind.

His leg bounced nervously in the aisle as he reached down into his bag and pulled out his case file and assignment.

Pierre LaFont: Former French Intelligence. Recently a mercenary and assassin for black ops organization. Highly skilled in weapons, torture and linguistics. Known as the man with many faces. According to sources he never looks the same way twice because of a combination of plastic surgery and prosthetics. His new assignment: Recruited by a group known as the Covenant. Status within the organization: unknown.

The Covenant: Made up of former KGB, former K-Directorate, former CIA, former black ops. Lead by: unknown. Deal in weapons sales, illegal trade and most favorably illegal nuclear weapons.

His assignment? Impersonate Pierre LaFont who had been intercepted by the CIA only two days before his contact with The Covenant. While impersonating LaFont he was to be feeding the CIA information though back channels and a series of dead drops. While in deep cover, he was to have absolutely no direct contact with the CIA or any of its operatives for such contact would be far too risky. In addition to feeding general information to the CIA, he was supposed to look for information for a missing CIA agent who they though had been taken by the Covenant.

Case file: Agent Sydney Anne Bristow. Born: April 17th, 1976. Residence: Los Angels, California, USA.

Agent Bristow was recruited into the black ops division SD-6 in 1997. SD-6 told her that they were CIA and like many of their other operatives, she believed them. In June 2003, her fiancée was executed by SD-6 security section after finding out that Bristow did not work for a bank, which was her cover, but she was a spy. Her father, CIA Agent Jack Bristow, who at the time was a double agent within SD-6, revealed to her the truth about who she was really working for. Bristow then brought this information to the CIA where her case officer was Agent Andrew Mitchell. She became a double agent, working with her father, to bring down SD-6.

SD-6 and the other SD cells were brought down in December 2004. Bristow stayed on with the CIA until June 2005 when she opted to take a leave of absence from the organization. She is an extraordinary agent and a valuable asset to the CIA.

On August 7, 2005, there was a break in at her home in Los Angles and Agent Bristow went missing. Her father suspected fowl play and the Agency believes that The Covenant may be responsible for her disappearance. This information, however, is purely speculation and unconfirmed.

Along with Agent Bristow’s profile there was a picture. Wow, she is beautiful, thought Vaughn.

A voice came on over the plane’s loudspeaker. “We are now beginning our decent into Paris. Please fasten your seat belts.” The message was then repeated in French. Vaughn tightened his seat belt in his lap and stared out the window to the plane. It was dark, night had already fallen in Paris, but the gleam of the Eiffel tower could still be seen.

Vaughn shifted his watch nervously on his left wrist. He sighed and leaned his head back against the head rest, praying that the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that would go smoothly. Still, he was uncertain.

Oh yeah.....first! :smiley:

What an incredible opening. It really sets the stage. I'm looking forward to the angst.....I know it always works out. The bad part? I know I'll be reading during nap time....having to sob hysterically on the inside to avoid suspicion. :smiley:

Janet,

another great start to an amazing story. Can't wait until Sydney and Vaughn meet. Keep me on that Pm list of yours.

Have a great day and Ps, great wallpaper!

:smiley:

CJ

It's Great!!! Please can I have a pm!!

but there is something I believe Vaughn to be Left handed I also am left handed and I wear my watch on my right hand I don't know If Vaughn does this too but just letting you know.

Anyway it looks like this is going to be another AMAZING STORY!!!

so, typically not an angst lover, but this? LOVE IT!

I really love the idea and i can;t wait to see where it goes! Please PM me when you update this!!

Great beginning! Can't wait to read the rest of it. It sounds angsty but if you say it'sgonna have an happy ending then i'm all for it! please keep me on the PM list! :smiley:
Veronique

WOW... Great start looks like we have another winner here... :D Please keep me on the PM list for this story!! Thanks

Interesting and Vaughn already likes her. I can't wait for more please keep me on the PM list. And as long as there's a happy end it's okay...I think.

Great Start...
Can't wait to see how this goes...
I'm guessing the watch he was playing with was his father's....
thanks for the pm...
Keep me on the pm list please...
Update again soon.

It´s a great begining (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) !!!! i got me hooked with only the summary , veru intriunging ,

i would love to continue in this pm list :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: , i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: , please update as soon as possible :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: ,

thanks 4 the pm ,

Nanda

Back