Until We Meet Again

I bet she's acting... hopeful the CIA will do something this time, but probably not that would kinda kill the story...

lee

go Sydney!!!!!!!! She's finally found a way out! hopefully she and Vaughn can have some alone-time soon, so they can get to know eachother and become friends....this is getting so good!!!!! wooooh hooooh!!!!!!!

muchos love
-Liz

have you :eyebrow:

Frankly... I'm hesitating... but it could be something like

Both Sydney and Vaughn are going to play along with the Convenant...and when the Covenant thinks they can rely on the pair, S&V kick their ass big time calling on the CIA...

See I have my doubts though... considering this would be far too easy to figure out since last chappy... So... :lol: Yeah... too easy to be true :rolleyes:

So tell me what you've gotten up your sleeve... :poke: Missy :whistle:

:angelic: cookums

ETA: spoiler tags don't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

i guess this really is a note to everbody but - Spoiler tags do not work if you use emoticons or any type of tag (like bold, italics or pictures) inside them. It is not an AllAlias problem only, it came along with the Invision Board update. Sowwy guys (n)

Chapter 11
When Vaughn had left her, Sydney wasn’t sure if he believed that she wasn’t really Julia or not. She had tired to convey it the best she could especially with Sophia in the room but she wasn’t sure if he had understood. He had nodded but what was that in reference to?

The moment she decided to trust him, her attitude had changed. She wondered what would happen if she just submitted and she found out. They were trying to brainwash her but she couldn’t be brainwashed at all. She still remained very much Sydney Bristow but that was inside. On the surface, just for them, she became Julia Thorne like they had wanted. She figured, the quicker she convinced them that she was Julia, the quicker the pain stopped and she was right.

Once she had fully submitted into becoming Julia, they started treating her like a human again. In other words, rewarding her ‘good behavior’. The only problem that she had was she needed Vaughn to know that she was still Sydney in order to get her out.

~*~

Vaughn had reached a new level of despair. The CIA told him that they were “working on the situation”. He couldn’t have been any more livid or heartbroken if they had flat out told him she was just going to die anyway. The worst part was he could do nothing else about it except for continuing to follow Sophia’s orders. Currently, he was on his way to Sophia’s office to discuss a ‘new project’ which he was dreading.

“Mr. LaFont, we think it is a good idea for you to get to know Julia. Or rather for her to tell you about herself and then maybe you tell her a few things. We would like for you to build a bond with her since she will soon become your partner.”

“Partner?” Vaughn asked, trying to suppress his extreme joy.

“Yes, within the next week if possible,” Sophia said.

“Alright then,” Vaughn nodded. Then Sophia led him to the room where Sydney was sitting.

“Hello Julia,” Vaughn smiled when he stepped in the room.

“Mr. LaFont,” she said softly.

“Please, call me Pierre,” Vaughn said.

“Alright,” she agreed.

“So Julia, tell me a bit about yourself,” Vaughn said. Then Sydney began to rattle off many facts about herself or rather not herself. All the while Vaughn noticed that she kept glancing downward towards his pants. At first he was confused, having no idea what she was looking at, and then it hit him. She wanted the coin, the bug scrambler.

Subtly he pulled it from his pocket and pressed the button. She changed course mid sentence. “... if you burn me I’ll burn you,” she said with force and for that one moment Vaughn caught a glimpse of what he thought was the real Sydney Bristow.

“I won’t, I swear,” he said quickly. “We’re in this together; we’re allies you can trust me.”

“I hope so,” she said.

“Are you ok?” He asked sincerely.

“Of course not, do you know anything?” She asked.

He shook his head. “I’m sorry, I’m trying.”

“Okay.” She sighed sadly.

“Hey,” He said, she looked back up at him. “You’re going to be ok.” He looked at her and for a moment she almost smiled but then the 90 seconds were up and her face became stoic again.

“It was very nice talking to you Pierre,” she said to him sweetly.

“Yeah, you too,” he sighed as he turned and left the room.

Watching him leave, Sydney felt the slightest twinge of hope. She had put herself out on the line, something she rarely did. She was out there, dangling, alone and vulnerable and he held the rope in his hands. He could either drop her or pull her back in. Sink or swim. She prayed that she could trust him. Something in his eyes made her want to trust him, but still, she was weary.

~*~

A week and a half later the stage was set. Vaughn could hardly believe his luck but yet he prayed every night that it would go smoothly because they only had one shot. If it went wrong it meant death for both of them. Even if it did go right, Vaughn would certainly be in trouble but Sydney would be free and that’s all that mattered. Sophia had given him an assignment. He was to take “Julia” and go to Lisbon to help him out with a hit. Actually, she was told to observe him and he was told to watch her like a hawk and he was given orders to assassinate her if she misstepped.

His communication to the CIA was simple: Lisbon. March 29, 2006. 4 pm. Corner of Church and Main Street. Extraction. Sydney. Short, to the point and apparently effective because a few days later he received yet another pizza box from the CIA. Affirmative, was the message.

Vaughn was so nervous for this, he felt physically ill. He couldn’t tell Sydney anything about it just incase somehow they got to her. He had to save it all for last minute. The one thing he was absolutely terrified of was if Sydney didn’t trust him entirely, which he suspected to be a possibility, they would both be dead.

~*~

“So you know what we have to do, right Julia?” Vaughn asked her on their train ride into Lisbon.

“Yes, I think so,” she said unsurely.

“Just follow my lead Julia, and everything will be fine,” he said, with an intentional double meaning. She gave him a half smile and nodded.

Vaughn was visibly trembling as they walked down the streets of Lisbon and Sydney noticed it. She looked up at him and he just gave her a reassuring smile. Then, they were in position. He caught a glimpse of the CIA sniper on the roof just incase anything went wrong and his plan went into action.

In one swift motion he grabbed Sydney’s arm with one hand and pulled the bug killer out of his pocket with the other. They kept walking but at a slower pace. “Listen closely I only have 90 seconds. There is an extraction team waiting for you. You have to get out.”

“What?” she gasped.

“I don’t know how to make you trust me you just have to do it. This is your shot your way out.” He told her quickly.

“What about you?”

“Don’t worry about me. Save yourself.” He told her. She looked weary. “Look there is a gun in the inside of my left ankle, take it, shoot me and then run. They’re waiting at the corner of Church and Main for you.”

“Vaughn...,” she hesitated. He was almost shocked by her use of his name. The way it rolled off her tongue made his heart flutter in his chest but he had to ignore it.

“Do it; save yourself,” he said. And their ninety seconds was up. She hesitated for a second but only a second. She had to take a leap of faith or be trapped forever; this was it. No turning back.

She wrenched his arm off of hers, knocking him to the ground. She grabbed his piece from its holster and hesitated. He nodded subtly. She held her breath as she shot the outside of his thigh, hoping that she had only grazed it, and then she took off running.

Running like that hurt more than she could ever express because of her weakened state but she kept going. By the time she reached the next street corner she was in tears. “Agent Bristow!” She heard a man shout. She rushed towards the open door and was pulled inside where she collapsed onto the floor crying. “You’re ok Agent Bristow; you’re safe.”

PM LIST
maddy28
sydneymicheal
Nicky_Bristow
ChrisM
KAliasGirl
EJ11
Lor_Aliasfan47
Action!Vaughn
cookiemonster
aliasisthebest
Wild_Child
LittleNicky
i love vaughny
bellasbaby
sarkattack
helpleessromantic
freckles3706
Alwazabrat
kittykatsmeow
SpyChic16
ASIOagent
MH55995
aliasfan212
sabbiee_co
Phoenixwannabe
freelancer79
hannahb
SydAPO05
mightylittleone
vaughnshoney
smartgirl2004
milkywayk018
vaughnsgurl4lf
ballerina
SydVaughn1001
tunita
syd_kicks_serious_ass
Prediction 47
fieldstation
gucci_94
leelow13
Monstica
ams4alias
buckeyealum2000
stealthy
batman
SYD96
blknight
SydneyVaughn47
SpygirlAmy
LifesMystery
MontrealRocks
alizas
Catpin
catfishally
Addicted 2 Alias
akaJB
jb288
aliasfreak8903
BrownEyedGirl
Syd_ Vaughn
Lovygirl
alias_chick_47
aliasdancer007
sydney_alias_vaughn
superspy
aprilsfool6
Queen of hearts
secret_agent_angel
littleangel
wiseman
texasalias2004
Lost soul
spysurfergrl247
ubielecki
PointguysGirl
aliasobsessed89
alias#1
secretfriend220
gregstar
Angel
alias#1
Garner_Chick6
fire*N*ice
anji_alias
alias_luver
aliasrocks515
frangipani
syd26
kalias
ekm324
Elle_47
ae_gurl293
cupcake55
emotionalrescue
mountaineer_girl
mbellsdiva

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!. I love Vaughn so much what a doll.
Anji

edit: 2nd??????????? Awesome. Man I gotta go to bed, It's 10:30 pm (Sunday) and I didn't get to sleep until 3:30am this morning and I've got work tomorrow (no sleep in).

I'm so happy Syd is safe, but Vaughn is still there, I hope Sydney and the CIA can find a way to get him out of there soon.

Great Chapter. Thanks for the pm.

°°NiCkY°°

“Mr. LaFont, we think it is a good idea for you to get to know Julia. Or rather for her to tell you about herself and then maybe you tell her a few things. We would like for you to build a bond with her since she will soon become your partner.”

“Partner?” Vaughn asked, trying to suppress his extreme joy.
yay! :woot:

vaughnathan=okay, si?

Vaughn may have saved Sydney but now his life is in real danger. What will Cole and Sophia do to him for allowing her to escape?

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back