Unused domains, what are you doing with yours?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Over the years I have acquired a pretty extensive collection of domain names. Some were for tests and others are deviants of production sites but some are for projects that I know I'll never have time for.

So what do you with your unused domains? Are you pointing them to an existing production site? Just litting them sit parked with your registrar? Taking advantage of them with Google Adense for Domains?

I've been looking into some domain parking monetizing services for the unused domains. It's a pretty diverse market.

Places like GoDaddy charge a monthly fee for monetized parking but you don't get 100% of the revenue, only a percentage! I could understand the monthly fee if you get 100% of the sales revenue but to charge a fee and to take a percentage?! No thanks.

Google has a domain parking service as well but from reading their guidelines I get the impression that it is meant for companies with a huge amount of parked domains that get millions of hits.

I just came across another option that I may be exploring. Need to research a little bit more...

150'ish! How on earth could you have acquired so many. I've got 1 that was considered "mine"... the rest of my sites are co-owned and they have the domain. wow. that's amazing.

Back