Comedy Uptown Girls (2003)

Title: Uptown Girls

Tagline: They're about to teach each other how to act their age.

Genre: Family, Comedy, Drama

Director: Boaz Yakin

Cast: Brittany Murphy, Dakota Fanning, Marley Shelton, Donald Faison, Jesse Spencer, Austin Pendleton, Heather Locklear, Wynter Kullman, Will Toale, Marceline Hugot, Pell James, Quddus, Russell Steinberg, Fisher Stevens, Susanna Frazer, Anthony J. Ribustello, Mark McGrath, Dave Navarro, Susan Willis, Tom Reilly, Carmen Electra, Nas, Brian Friedman, Duncan Sheik

Release: 2003-08-15

Runtime: 92

Plot: Molly Gunn, the freewheeling daughter of a deceased rock legend, is forced to get a job when her manager steals her money. As nanny for precocious Ray, the oft ignored daughter of a music executive she learns what it means to be an adult while teaching Ray how to be a child.
Uptown Girls (2003)

i wanna c that movie! dakota fanning is so cute! she was the girl in i am sam which was sad!!!!!!! but i like brittany murohy too and it looks pretty funny!

dakota fanning is a great little actress! she was adorable in i am sam(wonderful movie, terribly sad but wonderful!) and she was so cute and hilarous in this!

i saw it today, and i couldnt believe how sad it was! but i loved it! definatly worth the time and money! :smiley:

some parts were! i was in tears at different parts.....it was! i didnt think it would be but it was! it was funny too! i really liked it! definatly a chick flick but a great one!

I deffinately want to see it, lol. In the preview where the little girl is all "Swinging door" I started cracking up. I can't wait to see it :-D!! I heard somewhere that it was based off of a true story? I don't know though, I could have gotten it wrong. *shrugs*