Uru Online

Myst drove me insane. There, I said it. I feel better for it. HOWEVER, at the time I also felt it was genius; creating a "video game for the intellectual" seemed a smart move in an industry dominated by First Person Shooters and other seek-kill-do-again sorts of gaming.

I got a beta test for Uru Online, made by the creators of Myst. Again, it's driving me insane.

But I still think it's brilliant.

I'm not very intellectual, and yay dyslexia - solving puzzles isn't my strong point. But if you're looking for a game that rewards the explorer, that you can join up with friends on an evening and figure out how to unlock a certain area and get rewarded for the pleasure of doing so, then I'd strongly suggest giving this game a try.

Uru is actually online? I heard about it a long while ago but I thought the online component was officially dead/never existed.

Uru Online did actually go under once before, and lay dormant for some time. Recently however it has been revived and is doing quite well. Keep an eye out for this one.

Pietoro said:
Exile was my favorite of the Myst games. Best mix of story and puzzles, imo. And I loved the inverted tree age. =)

Agreed. I absolutely loved the "marble" puzzle. Coolest ending to a puzzle ever. My second favorite Myst game is the original, followed by Riven. I didn't like the last 2 of the series- they just weren't put together as well IMHO. The puzzles didn't seem to make as much sense in the context of the game and the plots were a bit off-kilter. I couldn't finish the last one- it was just shoddily done from the graphics to the execution.

You mean End of Ages? I havent played that one. I didn't really get into Revelations, either. It just seemed... kinda cheesy. o_O

I think you've a fair chance to get into the beta now if you apply. Not sure when open beta is on but it could be a while, they had switched servers when I was testing and it was a bit of a mess.

Myst.....

..O_O...

...make it stop....

..can't figure it out.....must.... *cry*

...must...BITE OFF ARMS!!!!! RARARAAGGHGHGHGHG!!!!!!!

Back