Politics US might start drafting

this is scary..because i could get drafted..and theres no way in hell i'm going to fight in bush's name...i have fam in mexcio...so i'm covered just in case anything goes down.

noggi16 said:
be a consciencious objector

Consciencious objection has to be placed on religous belief not just a moral one.
actually, it could be based on a moral thing that you have. however, during Nam, only about 200 C.O. were approved. im definitely gonna show that i am when i register for the S.S.S. next March. but you cant officially register for c.o. until the draft actually starts.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
I'm not fighting for Bush. Not now. Not ever. I'm too young to diiiie! ^_^
it's not about being too young to die, it's about standing up for what you believe in. war is wrong, period. i'll only contribute to the war effort if you can GUARANTEE that civilians won't be injured (yes, death is included in injury). even then, i won't bear arms, because violence is wrong.

EEEEEEEKKKKKKK! I'm moving to England :Ph34r:

I have an idea instead of draft! Lets just stop having wars! ^_^ ^_^
*goes away to own happy land* yah yah... i know... never gonna happen :(

i don't even care if i'm not in the age group that they're going to draft or whatnot. i've been looking for an excuse to get the hell out of the united states because bush is driving our country into debt, and angering other countries that were our alies. i'll be first on a plane ticket to europe and i'll be dragging my parents with me. ^_^

the_alliance said:
G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
I'm not fighting for Bush. Not now. Not ever. I'm too young to diiiie!  ^_^
it's not about being too young to die, it's about standing up for what you believe in. war is wrong, period.
Yeah, I know. I only added the last part for fun. I won't participate in war, nonetheless, because I never believed it in.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
the_alliance said:
G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
I'm not fighting for Bush. Not now. Not ever. I'm too young to diiiie!  ^_^
it's not about being too young to die, it's about standing up for what you believe in. war is wrong, period.
Yeah, I know. I only added the last part for fun. I won't participate in war, nonetheless, because I never believed it in.
same here.

make love not war ^_^

The only way i'll fight is if something is threatening my way of life and my families lives, i'm very protective over the people i love. If something had to be done to protect them then i'd fight, but i won't unless it's necessary, i won't fight for something i don't believe in, and although i support the troops 100% without question i don't support the war overall. I'm still a very patriotic person, as you can tell by my sig and av. :smiley: :D :P ;)

spy41 said:
The only way i'll fight is if something is threatening my way of life and my families lives, i'm very protective over the people i love. If something had to be done to protect them then i'd fight, but i won't unless it's necessary, i won't fight for something i don't believe in, and although i support the troops 100% without question i don't support the war overall. I'm still a very patriotic person, as you can tell by my sig and av. :smiley: :D :P ;)
You have a cool sig. It looks great. That's "Band of Brothers," right?

Fighting (or even acting in a non-combatant position) would present a lot of moral problems for me, so I hope I’d qualify for C.O. status…

I’ve been a vegetarian since age 6; I got furious with my parents when they killed a huge group of ants (they weren’t even doing anything! My parent’s just didn’t like the “idea that they existed”… come on!), and basically think that war is the root of all evil. I feel that war is one of the ultimate problems with the human race (only trumped by things like greed, which is actually tied to war) and feel that being a part of a war effort (in any way, shape, or form) would betray my sense of morality as a morally conscious human being. I’d rather go to jail than go to war.

By the way, the Supreme Court ruled in 1970 that it is not necessary for a conscientious objector to have a religious basis for their beliefs.

I completely agree with you Charlie. I could never do it. Thinking about it makes me sick. The idea of putting young kids, most of whom probably have no idea what they're fighting for, in the battlefield is sickening. Putting ANYONE in the battlefields is sickenening, for that matter.

Like Siri said before, you'd see me in jail before you saw me fighting a war. It's just plain wrong.

Kudos to Charlie. I agree with *everything* you said.

I think that war is sick and unnecessary. I mean, think of all the things we could be doing with the time, money, and resources being spent on it; we could find a cure for AIDS, cancer, we could help 3rd world countries, etc, but somehow it's a better use for the money to kill thousands of people. We kill where we could save lives, and I won't be a part of it.

Back