USA Men's Basketball

What will the USA Men's Basketball team win in Athens?

• Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver

• Bronze

• Will Not Medal

• Total voters
I'm just curious what some of you think. I hope I'm wrong, but I do not think they will win the gold medal. If they get anything, I'm guessing it will be bronze. I say this because if you've seen their last two exhibition games, their performance was less than impressive. What they really have going against them is they just came together a week and a half ago. They don't have time to gel as a team, and that is very important. That will be a disadvantage for them because most of the competition they will face have been playing together for some time. And the fact that no one on the team can seem to shoot the ball isn't going to help either. I'm certainly hoping they win, but I'm not holding my breath.

They can be glad it didn't go to overtime because if it would have, Team USA would be 1-2 on their pre-Olympic tour instead of 2-1. So many people that I've talked to think this team is going to run wild over everyone. I keep telling them this isn't the 1992 Dream Team, far from it.

ESPN has had this poll 3 times in one week. :lol:

the way they are playing right now I think the Bronze medal suits them. I'm not going to vote yet because they have another exhibition tomorrow.

I'm going to wait until the next round before I vote. The U.S. has some luck as they are in the easiest Group of the two. The other group is just brutal with Argentina, Italy, and Serbia.

SecretAgentMan said:
I'm going to wait until the next round before I vote.  The U.S. has some luck as they are in the easiest Group of the two.  The other group is just brutal with Argentina, Italy, and Serbia.
[post="965128"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, they are in the easiest group and they got a whuppin' from one of the cupcakes. They're awful. This team has no shooters, has no one who can play defense and has no one who can attack the zone defense on offense. USA Basketball went for style over substance and look what it has gotten them. Now I'm not putting down the players individually. It is very admirable to want to play for and represent your country but what I am saying is the higher-ups at USA Basketball invited the wrong players. I think that's obvious with the results so far. I hope they do but I will be shocked if they win gold.

GarnerForEmmy said:
Yeah, they are in the easiest group and they got a whuppin' from one of the cupcakes.  They're awful.  This team has no shooters, has no one who can play defense and has no one who can attack the zone defense on offense.  USA Basketball went for style over substance and look what it has gotten them.  Now I'm not putting down the players individually.  It is very admirable to want to play for and represent your country but what I am saying is the higher-ups at USA Basketball invited the wrong players.  I think that's obvious with the results so far.  I hope they do but I will be shocked if they win gold.
[post="965150"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes, they did invite the wrong players. You have to remember all of those players that rejected coming to Athen. Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, McGrady, Kidd, and a few other superstars. Of the players on the team right now I think only Duncan, Iverson, and Marbury are the most qualified.

Back