USA Men's Basketball

What will the USA Men's Basketball team win in Athens?

• Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver

• Bronze

• Will Not Medal

• Total voters
GarnerForEmmy said:
Yeah, they are in the easiest group and they got a whuppin' from one of the cupcakes.  They're awful.  This team has no shooters, has no one who can play defense and has no one who can attack the zone defense on offense.  USA Basketball went for style over substance and look what it has gotten them.  Now I'm not putting down the players individually.  It is very admirable to want to play for and represent your country but what I am saying is the higher-ups at USA Basketball invited the wrong players.  I think that's obvious with the results so far.  I hope they do but I will be shocked if they win gold.
[post="965150"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Very true. Where is the outside shooting on this team? Iverson went 1/10 from the range! What's up with that? :confused: It will be interesting to see if they beat Greece today.

Well. the US ekes out a victory over Greece. Whenever we started getting leads, Greece would always have an answer. I was not sure till the last 28 seconds. 1-1.

yea i watched that game all the way through.

odom really came through defensivley for duncan (foul trouble)

some of the fouls called by the dominican repub. and spainard were ridiculous. oh well. we have a hard time hitting our free throws anyways so yeah.

i liked james energy though stickin it to those greek players on those dunks and that one steal. oh man it was beautiful

I guess a win is a win but I don't know how they can be very encouraged by that game. Again, an inferior team took the US to the limit. They've got to start to play better or they will be beaten again.

I felt the officials did make some bad calls in the game. They should have called fouls on Greece on a few occasions. I'm glad they pulled away with the victory. There's still plenty of room for improvement.

I saw them get crushed by Puerto Rico...I thought they sucked. Iverson couldn't make a 3! I mean J.J Reddick from Duke University could sink 4 in a row but some NBA dude can't even make 1! I'm glad they're doing better but I'm unsure of where they'll place

U.S. played their best all around game yesterday. The defense wasn't there in the first half but they really picked it up in the second half. Tim Duncan led the way in points and rebounds. U.S. shot much better yesterday then in previous games. I think the game changed when Richard Jefferson was taking out of the game in the first half and out of the starting lineup in the second half. He hasnt' done anything in the three games. Shawn Marion and Lebron James have provided spark off the bench.

Next two matchups are against Angola and powerhouse Lithuania.

WE SUCK! Thats why like I'm totally against USA because were like only good at gymnastics and swimming if we didnt have compition like phelps...anywho like our team has all these tatoos and everyone else has like nice clear skin with nothing on them....

The team doesn't suck. They played really well tonight. That Lithuania guard hit some lucky three pointers at the end. A couple of bad calls by the officials at the end too. Lithuania was the favorite to win and they barely won by 4 points. Anyone notice how the crowd was hostile to the Americans? Lots of whistles and noise whenever they had the ball. THAT is tough to play against.

Ok so we dont SUCK but we arn't that good... at least when it came to the opening olympics... but we did play well we arn't exactly getting much support from anywhere....like at the opening cermamony most people didnt notice this but we got boo'd at badly and everyone else got cheered

Back