USA Men's Basketball

What will the USA Men's Basketball team win in Athens?

• Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver

• Bronze

• Will Not Medal

• Total voters
VaughnsAHottie said:
Ok so we dont SUCK but we arn't that good... at least when it came to the opening olympics... but we did play well we arn't exactly getting much support from anywhere....like at the opening cermamony most people didnt notice this but we got boo'd at badly and everyone else got cheered
[post="972245"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It seemed to me that the athletes got quite a nice reception when they were introduced during the Opening Ceremony. Katie Couric and Bob Costas, the NBC announcers, even said so. I think the individuals in the stands knew that politics and foreign policy having nothing to do with these athletes and their accomplishments.

GarnerForEmmy said:
It seemed to me that the athletes got quite a nice reception when they were introduced during the Opening Ceremony.  Katie Couric and Bob Costas, the NBC announcers, even said so.  I think the individuals in the stands knew that politics and foreign policy having nothing to do with these athletes and their accomplishments.
[post="973023"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
But the thing is Couric and Costas talked soooo much maybe I was the only one that wanted them to be quiet when games were on because they kept adding in their comments during game but who knows....but we did get boo'd wether or not that was a good boo....

yah but angola was an easy team to beat though....hmm they seem pretty confident as for getting the gold...i'm iffy about spain we may have some competition eh?

Greece beat Puerto Rico to finish 3rd in Group B. That means the United States has to play undefeated Spain in the Quarterfinals. Australia, New Zealand, Angola, and Serbia are all eliminated.

I don't think they can win. :(

GarnerForEmmy said:
It amazes me how bad this men's basketball team is.  They should be embarrassed.
[post="979281"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, as we all know by now, Argentina out played the US. For the first time since the 1992 formation of the dream team, the US will not win gold, nor do they deserve to this time around.

THeir attitude and behavior on the international court (both atheltic and political) has been disgraceful. They've not only embarrased themselves, but their country. They are freaking playing street ball. All the NBA ever does now is one on one play. It's all about showing someone up and dunking in their faces. Gone were the days of strategy and teamwork. College ball is so much better to watch, IMHO.

Xin Li

Back