USA Men's Basketball

What will the USA Men's Basketball team win in Athens?

• Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver

• Bronze

• Will Not Medal

• Total voters
VaughnsAHottie said:
What dream team lol....they have such huge ego's though...and there all really young...didn't know what hit em
[post="979487"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Whatever hit them certainly wasn't a dose of maturity..that's for sure.

Xin Li

Bronze medal. Could have been worse. At least after this showing, I think USA Basketball now knows what kind of game they need to play and what kind of players they need to bring to the next World Championships in 2006 and then to Beijing in 2008.

Yep, it could have been worse. A medal is a medal. I'm glad they came away withs something. Obviously changes have to be made for the selection of players to the Dream Team. Congrats to Argentina for winning the Gold.

They need to get players who actually WANT to play for the Olympics, and play as a team. A lot of these NBA guys treat the Olympics as an unpleasant obligation, a pit stop if you will. Now turn around and look at the women for whom the Olympics is one of the few opportunities they have to garner a global audience. They play with their heart and soul. And look at the results.

Quiet Disaster said:
Too many big stars on the team.
[post="984518"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

actually there weren't any big stars aside from Duncan and Iverson. So many more superstars were missing.

SecretAgentMan said:
actually there weren't any big stars aside from Duncan and Iverson.  So many more superstars were missing.
[post="985133"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
True. But considering I'm not an avid basketball watcher and I don't really know what teams which and who plays on what team... I actually know the name of most of the players. So that's pretty big... I guess.

Back