Used Books

I know on Amazon.com they sell used books but *school books* I don't know about that...

HOLD UP... you guys gotta pay for your text-books? :blink: :eek:

Private Schools always have a high too, I buy mine new cause I go to a gifted school so there stuff is advance and felgercarb my books are like $600 to $650

don't worry! i've got the place for you!!

try allbookstores.com.

the site itself actually doesn't sell textbooks. but it's even better because if you type in the book title or author or whatever, it'll search all the bookstore sites affiliated with it (which is quite a lot) and will allow you to compare prices (even used ones). it's the BEST site. it's easy to navigate and has never failed me. i just love the fact that it lets you compare prices for a whole bunch of websites. it lists all the different sites that sell the book you're looking for, gives you the condition of the book (new or used), gives you shipping prices & time, and even tells you if you have to pay state tax for it or not. really, you can't beat allbookstores.com. ;)

HOLD UP... you guys gotta pay for your text-books?

well, i don't know if she's in college or not, but in college, you gotta pay for all your textbooks. which can just be really REALLY painful on your wallet. especially if you have to repeat the process three times a year with the total for one quarter's worth of books coming out to something like $600. and what sucks is that you can never recoup your losses because if you sell back to the bookstore, they totally rip you off and only give you like 10-20% of what you actually paid for the book. the only way you can really get most of your money back is if you sell your books back to other college students or to websites, but that can be quite a hassle. BUT, if you go through a site like allbookstores.com, you can definitely save quite a bit of money. ;)

this is one of the jewels of wisdom that i can give as a college student - DON'T always pay full price for your textbooks at the bookstore. always search elsewhere first. you'll almost always get a MUCH better deal. ;)

Gah, my school sells junky old books for the same price as brand new ones. <_< They try to rip us off alot.

Back