V for Vendetta

C

Citizen

If anyone didn't like this movie, they need to admitted to some sort of mental institution.

Who else saw it?

I loved it, and the idea behind it. Me, and my girlfriend watched it opening weekend, and boy was I surprised at how popular it was in Idaho.

That movie was great. I went with a friend of mine and we both loved it. Not only was it a great plot but Natalie Portman... wow. Great actress and one of the most beautiful women on the planet. What's not to love?

The Wachowski (sp) Brothers have put out some amazing movies. Hope they do another one :smiley:

I absolutely love that movie. It was wonderful to see the W brothers jump on a movie that is essentially what Matrix 2-3 could have been with actual plot.

The execution was pretty damn flawless, and serious respect goes out to Hugo Weaving for agreeing to do the whole part without ever taking off the mask (as well as actually carrying it off with panache ranging well into the realm of brilliance), even though it means that he will not get credit for it from 80% of what could have been his adoring public.

Natalie Portman is finally starting to look like she may be more than 18 years of age, and was quite very good in the movie, with the only blemish being the rather unnecessary british accent which she was more than a little inconsistent at.

The movie was dynamic, emotionally powerful, thought provoking and all in all

I see no reason why V for Vendetta should ever be forgot.

Wow, impressive flick!
I just saw it because of your recommendation. Girlfriend and me wanted to go to a party but it started raining. Since it was an outdoor party we didn't go and were sitting bored at home. Since there's a cinema right around the corner, we thought we'd watch a movie. V for Vendetta was on in an original screening in english (I learned to hate syncronized movies).
I've never heard of the movie before, except here (I've got no TV (by choice)). Remembering how well you folks spoke of the movie, I persuaded my gf to watch it.

And I must say, it's amazing. Flawless screenplay and Hugo Weaving was soo great under that mask. The mask itself is a masterpiece that shows every emotion the viewer should see without ever changing. Brilliant.

Thanks for the recommendarion, Citizen and all other posters after him. You made my day. :smiley:

saw it..love it :smiley:

And the scene with Natalie Portman sees the the priest...ooooooooo baby...to hot to discribe. ;) <_< :lol:

Originally posted by Ikiru@May 24 2006, 10:58 PM
saw it..love it :smiley:

And the scene with Natalie Portman sees the the priest...ooooooooo baby...to hot to discribe. ;) <_< :lol:
She is attractive, but you can't really get turned on when your girlfriend is sitting right next to you either.

Back