Season 4 V: "I Love you"

Well, the love between them has always been implied and they've told other people that they love each other. For example, Vaughn told Lauren that he loved Syd more than her. I think the writers had Syd say "still?" because they wanted her to say "I love you" to him first in a different episode. Meaning, she could have said "I love you too" and to some people, that might have felt like she HAD to say it because he said it to her. She'll make a confession of love in another episode and everyone will know that it's genuine and not an obligatory response. (Clarification: In no way am I doubting S/V's love for each other. I just thinking that writing it this way confirms that it's genuine and mutual.)

I am very glad that Vaughn said those words first. After what happened last season, it makes sense that he should be the one making the grand declaration first.

I'm kind of glad I didn't hear an "I love you, too" from Syd because as a shipper, this moment in my head had a completely different scenario.... Not one where Vaughn said it and then smacked her around.... The blissful moment I imagined quickly went away... :lol: So to hear "still" from Syd -- given the scene we were about to witness -- "still" was completely appropriate... :lol:

freakforalias said:
I'm kind of glad I didn't hear an "I love you, too" from Syd because as a shipper, this moment in my head had a completely different scenario.... Not one where Vaughn said it and then smacked her around.... The blissful moment I imagined quickly went away... :lol: So to hear "still" from Syd -- given the scene we were about to witness -- "still" was completely appropriate... :lol:
[post="1292803"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree. ;)

Can't wait for them to have a nice fluffy romantic night where they can BOTH say it to each other. ^_^

I think this was a good way for them to play it, since in the four years they have known each other, I assume S/V have said I love you before. It's kind of refreshing that they didn't make it a big deal. It's pretty obvious (to me at least) that they love each other and have for a very long time.

ms.katejones said:
I think this was a good way for them to play it, since in the four years they have known each other, I assume S/V have said I love you before. It's kind of refreshing that they didn't make it a big deal. It's pretty obvious (to me at least) that they love each other and have for a very long time.

i totally agree (y) I thought it was awesome as if whats all the fuss about of course they are in love :lovers: if they had made it a big deal I guess it would have meant they hadn't said it before which you would have to assume they have. Plus the way Syd said "yeah? still?" was soooooooooooo cute :love:

Jamison said:
Can't wait for them to have a nice fluffy romantic night where they can BOTH say it to each other. ^_^

too blooming right :smiley: but it's not very Alias I guess ;)

jems said:
  Plus the way Syd said "yeah?  still?"  was soooooooooooo cute :love: 
[post="1292944"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes, definitely, I loved the "Yeah? Still?" It was so much better at the time than "I Luv you too" would have been, especially under the circumstances. I was thinking about the preview for next week when he calls and doesn't say anything... It would be such a good time for her to say "I love you" back. But that's just my little dream! :blush:

Alias_Fan0202 said:
i thought it meant like...still...you gotta punch me...

that kinda still.

like, yeah, you love me, but still, punch me!

Beth! 🍦
[post="1293142"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Really? I thought it was more like, "Still?" (after all we've been through?)

I guess it could be taken either way. One more ambiguous Alias moment for the score book!

I thought when she said still that it was like an after all we've been through thing too. Oh well, it was really good to hear him say that.

ms.katejones said:
[post="1292934"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, I kind of agree, but at the same time are we sure they've said it to each other? Because remember that wierd dream she had in S3 #9 Conscious where they were in the ambulance and it was supposed to be right after the whole fight with Allison? She dreamed that he was telling her that he didn't want to miss out on the chance to tell her how much he loved her. I mean, it was just a dream, but it does kind of seem like maybe they had not said it... However, it is still pretty obvious that they love each other and they have almost since the beginning.

very true - which means he never told her in season two - which is weird right. (y) but it seems like he has told her before this time - bearing in mind how he said it. i just think the writers wanted it said and over and done with so we know and its not a big deal. ;)

oh and i am gonna have to rewatch for the "still" lline - os it would mmake say to say still you have to punch me - but i thoughtit sounded like she was teasing him like you still love me even after everything.......... :lovers:

I CANNOT believe that of all nights that I couldn't watch an episode while it was happening, that it HAD to be this one!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I did tape it so I guess that will be some consolation. I can't wait to watch!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

jems said:
very true - which means he never told her in season two - which is weird right.  (y)  but it seems like he has told her before this time - bearing in mind how he said it.  i just think the writers wanted it said and over and done with so we know and its not a big deal. ;)

oh and i am gonna have to rewatch for the "still" lline - os it would mmake say to say still you have to punch me - but i thoughtit sounded like she was teasing him like you still love me even after everything.......... :lovers:
[post="1293304"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree...it was in a teasing tone. And it was really, really cute ^_^

sydsbiggestfan said:
I liked her response too...it made it seem like not a big deal at all, and it was just so darn adorable.
[post="1293531"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly. Obviously they love each other. They have before they even started dating...we know it and they know it. As much as us shippers would like for them to say it whenever possible, that's not going to happen.

This was a cute way to do it. Didn't make it seem real heavy or too emotional. Having Syd say it back would've probably made the moment too intense than it needed to be...especially with Vaughn going rogue.

After re-watching it (several times) I'm really happy with how it happened. ^_^

I've rewatched it several times now, and it seems like the "still?" which was accompanied by some kind of look on her part, at the same time as she smiled... it was kind of in a teasing tone, and more "Still?" (after all we've been through) and not in reference to what he was about to do. She looked very flirtatious when she said it, and also like she was softening emotionally at him having said "I love you," It didn't look at all like she was preparing to be hit - whereas in the beginning of the scene when he said "I hate this," it did kind of look that way.

spydancer said:
I've rewatched it several times now, and it seems like the "still?" which was accompanied by some kind of look on her part, at the same time as she smiled... it was kind of in a teasing tone, and more "Still?" (after all we've been through) and not in reference to what he was about to do.  She looked very flirtatious when she said it, and also like she was softening emotionally at him having said "I love you," It didn't look at all like she was preparing to be hit - whereas in the beginning of the scene when he said "I hate this," it did kind of look that way.
[post="1293643"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think the I love you helped to 'soften the blow'. Because you could see her tense up at the very beginning of the scene. But then she softened.

I thought that Vaughn's "I love you" was a little lacking in emotion! It seemed to me like he had to say it, not because he wanted to! I'm the most mc massive S/V shipper on the planet, don't get me wrong, i just think that he could have said with a little more emotion, like he really meant it! When he said it to Lauren, that was half believable, he needs to really SAY IT!!

Back