Vampire Movies

Scarlet Crystal

Bibbity Rabbity
Over the past few years, I have developed a strong liking for vampire movies as a genre. They are just so awesome and intense.

Currently, I'm working my way through the Underworld series.

I don't really like scary movies, but I actually enjoyed Thirty Days of Night on some levels.

AND I am going to start watching True Blood, a vamp TV show, soon. And maybe I'll watch Vampire Diaries if it doesn't look terrible (though Boone from Lost will be in it!).

I do enjoy Twilight in a trashy way, but I don't consider those vampires to be legit like those in other movies/TV shows.

Oh no, you don't want to get me started on this genre LOL The Vampire genre is my ultimate favourite of horror movies. I love the Hammer Horrors, I love Dracula (with Gary Oldman) I tolerated John Carpenters Vampires (and pretend the sequel doesn't exist) I adore From Dusk til Dawn (but not no's 2 and 3).... but

30 Days of Night.... .billed as the scariest vampire film ever. *sigh* I was so looking forward to this film, I so badly wanted to love it. But.... it just doesn't work... on any level! I won't go into a rant on this film (I'd be here all day) but I will ask.... on what planet would a group of vampires go to a place where they know for a fact that there's 30 days without sunlight, kill everyone but a small few in one night and then hang around until the sun rises? Especially a group of vampires who are billed as being highly intelligent, superior and phenomenal hunters? And THAT was the thing that killed this film for me.... the rest of the silliness I could have ignored.

I enjoyed Moonlight the series (shame it was cancelled) but didn't enjoy Blood Ties (I think it was called). I'm hoping True Blood and Vampire Diaries have something of the books to them.

I hate the Twilight books, but I haven't seen the film... I just don't think I can deal with the idea of a vampire sparkling in the sunlight!!!! LOL

I love vampires and vampire movies, not all though.

Underworld and Van Helsing were the great ones and also Queen of the Damned and From Dusk Till Dawn were really good.

I didn't really like 30 days of Night and do not really want to watch Twilight (since I didn't like the book).

Back