Vanguard

Xblood

Cadet
Has any1 here gotten into the beta for it and know if this game is going to be good? from the looks of it, it might be a New EQ that i might wanna try, but if you know more about this game can i get some pro's and con's? because i may get this game, because no matter how much sony sucks they always keep me happy the first year of a game.

Xblood said:
because no matter how much sony sucks they always keep me happy the first year of a game.

That made me laugh.

Ya im hoping its decent cause its going to probably be the only big title coming out this winter.. Most the others are having delays as usual.

<cries> I am dying to try Vanguard out. One of my coworkers is in the beta, but won't let me at it :( I'm getting restless waiting for HJ, I need something to occupy my umm.. errr.. times of boredom, and get me back on my computer.

cordy said:
That made me laugh.

Ya im hoping its decent cause its going to probably be the only big title coming out this winter.. Most the others are having delays as usual.

i been reading vanguard fourms and they might have a delay too

Yeah i think vanguard is going to take a lot of people From WOW.. idk what its going to do to HJ i think HJ will come out waaay after it soo might not really affect it

Xblood said:
i been reading vanguard fourms and they might have a delay too

Lies all Lies i tell you...

Ya i read that yesterday so I guess hopefully we'll at least get something new this winter hopefully being the key word...

Yeah I'm gonna play this too, it looks so good, theres a new article at MMORPG.COM ya'll should read~~~

Also, as the article says, SoE is only publishing and marketing the game, they aren't developing it. Sigil is.

Kylie said:
Yeah I'm gonna play this too, it looks so good, theres a new article at MMORPG.COM ya'll should read~~~

Also, as the article says, SoE is only publishing and marketing the game, they aren't developing it. Sigil is.

Ya that was good to hear that soe has no say as far as development and implementations of features go into the game its all on sigil's end.

We'll see though.

yeah thats good because SOE always do somthing they call class balanceing and just mess the game up and make it way to easy and its no challange no more and its like the game goes down hill from there

I haven't gotten one :( It looks better and better everytime they release somthing new on it~

SoE will handle it's marketing (which I personaly think is a good thing, they have a really good publishing/marketing team on them) And that's just about it, Sigil will even handle the customer services.

Dain and I usually buy a copy of all mmorpg's since I collect the boxes. Vanguard is one we won't be buying. The last six months has show me: 1. Sony moving in was a good thing and MS shouldn't be allowed to do MMO's now days; 2. You can't remake a classic (EQ).

Overall, we're not impressed. Main problem seems to be specs. Our mid level and low level computers can't run the game without lag, and if the server reaches 500plus people, we can't even breath. Top line computer seems okay but still laggy. Hate to see what would happen if they had 3k people on a server.

Over 20gigs for a world they haven't finished yet. That's a record, yes?

I think MS tried to rush them because a large part of world is plain and empty but overly populated with mobs as an attempt to make up for it (perhaps). Maybe Sony will let that be fixed in the future.

Still (after six months) trying to work crafting, so no review of it other than ugh.

Combat is a bit on the boring side. Think EQ2+EQ+touch of Daoc. Animations are the worst but some are so down right goofy I couldn't help a good belly laugh. AI is predictable and I think they tried to make up for that by the huge creature populations every inch of world mass so that it might appear challenging.

Some world areas are lovely. A lot of world is taken from RL of course, though you might think you're in WoW suddenly in a few areas (minus the neon look).

The game is definitely group orientated. Rather hard to solo anything and if you want to do and see it all I suggest you plan on playing 5 hours a day for a good year. They state in their faq that they want a group focused game, well they've gone and done it. However, I'm noticing their starting to bend a bit to the whining on forums for more ease of soloing. *shrug*

I do LIKE how they're running their show ingame. Like in older days of EQ, cussing, flaming, poor topic choices, etc, are not allowed. There is usually a GM (Lady and Lords) that sit in the world wide general chats. Mind your Ps and Qs or just learn to be a civilized, well mannered player and you'll have no warnings or suspensions.

Overall, it couldn't capture the EQ feel they seem to have been going for. For those that like long grinding type games, this might be an interesting game if you've the specs to handle it. Try the disciple class if you're into fighting healer types, I rather enjoyed that one despite the hilarious animations.

Back