Vanguard

My mom's computer won't run it. I can't use my mom's boyfriend's usually. He owns it but stopped paying/playing to play WoW. That is messed up.

Honestly, no. I don't really care. I don't see what the big whoop is.

...YAY got LOTRO downloading right now! If it is this {} much better than WoW I'm quitting WoW and moving to it. They should easily make it.

My Vanguard experience has come to an abrupt end after my 7 day trial expired today. My hard drive is happy now that I have freed up 17+ GB.

I gave up on my Wood Elf Rogue right away when I rolled a Human Cleric on the RP server. I had her up to about level 9 at the end of the week - That was with me trying to explore much more than try to level.

It really did feel like my first days of EverQuest back in 99'. - That is both good and bad. I love the sandbox feel and huge world. There is a feeling of freedom which I don't get from LORTO, GW, and such. NPCs just stand about, like in EQ - boring. Give me Oblivion AI +!

Diplomacy is a joke. I hate the card game.

I like that you can level up either as an adventurer, crafter, 'diplomat,' etc., however, I didn't like that you had a different inventory and attire for each profession - Everytime my Cleric would try to chop down a tree, for example, her armour would disappear and she would suddenly be standing in her undergarments with an ax. *rolls eyes*

I noticed a few bugs during my week of adventuring (like textures of walls disappearing in dungeons when I got close).

I think I would have fun playing this for a month or two, but I don't think I will be buying or paying for this game for the long haul. I'm much to busy with... other things.

At least LoTRO beta is still going strong.

I love Vanguard as a game, but I'm a bit disappointed at the community at the moment. It's so wide-spread and everyone's so quiet that what I came there to do (roleplay) barely gets done. Doesn't help that I made a character, had her going strong, and then my graphics card fried leaving me without a computer for a month while I got to work on the RMA.

Reading all the reviews everyone else is giving it.. Like most games, it's not for everyone. I'm easily pleased, I suppose. All I want from a game is good character creation, roleplaying, and player housing. So far it's a big no on the housing in Vanguard, but there aren't many games offering it out there right now anyhow. LOTRO hit me as being even worse than Vanguard, though. I felt so closed in because of how the story was forced to be handled. I need freedom, I guess, to think up my own story a bit or participate in another player's. LOTRO did not offer that. Still, if they had kept player housing I probably would have been more keen on it.

The diplomacy card game is not for everyone. Puzzle and card games don't work for everyone. Sorry if what I said gave false hope.

As an edit: The game is buggy. VERY buggy. I'm sort of using it as a learning experience. I expect that, in around 5 months, this game will be popular and will be an entirely different game from what you see now. Already everything is changing so much once a week that people are annoyed at relearning the same game. What will most likely happen is that it'll lose most of it's customers in the next three monthes, get a new batch soon after and settle down after 5.

As an edit: The game is buggy. VERY buggy. I'm sort of using it as a learning experience. I expect that, in around 5 months, this game will be popular and will be an entirely different game from what you see now.
I read a review where the guy said the current subscribers are basically paying to get the game finished. I find that reprehensible on SOE's part.

I'm curious if the 'quietness' of people is partly due to the population dwindling. I see so many in EQ and EQ2 saying they can't or don't want to play VG.

As for the paying to test, SOE is never gonna live this down. It's become the next big boo-boo, like SWG and Shadowbane launch. heh

I read a review where the guy said the current subscribers are basically paying to get the game finished. I find that reprehensible on SOE's part.

It's standard policy for SOE.

Also, now they've increased the subscription fee for Station Access from $24.99 to $29.99.

SOE are going to drive themselves into the ground. This Smedley guy is hanging on for all he's worth, but he's going to have to bail at some stage and be the 'fall guy'.

Back