Vartan Addresses Alias Rumor

Cast News

Official News Poster
Little Spoilerly.... :smiley:

Sci Fi Wire

Vartan Addresses Alias Rumor

Michael Vartan, co-star of ABC's spy series Alias, denied to Entertainment Tonight rumors that he has been written out of the show. The New York Post reported that Aug. 17 was Vartan's last day of shooting because he was killed off in the show. Asked if this was just a rumor, Vartan replied: "Yes indeed."

The persistent rumors that Vartan is getting the boot have prompted some fans to mount a campaign to keep him on the show, though no official word has come out about Vartan. At the end of last season, Vartan's character, Michael Vaughn, was about to reveal a deep secret to paramour Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner) when another vehicle smashed into their car. (In real life, Vartan was romantically linked with Garner before her marriage to Ben Affleck.)

For his part, Vartan appreciates the fans' attention, premature though it may be. "On a personal level it's flattering to know there are people out there who actually care about the character I play," Vartan told E.T. reported Kevin Frazier. "But, come on, it's a TV show. ... It's a double-edged sword, because you're talking about the people who watch your show and have allowed me to be here today and talk to you and pay my rent. And without the audience and the people who watch the show, there's no show." Alias returns to ABC Sept. 29 in its new Thursday-night timeslot.

*sighs* I guess we'll just have to wait for the premire. The anxiety is killing me right now. :lol:

I've actually heard that a couple times before, on different sites and such. ABC or JJ won't confirm anything either, but guys c'mon its Alias can anyone imagine the last 4 seasons without Vaughn??? Syd would just be depressed all the time and thats no fun :(

I think that there is no way ABC would do this show without vaughn, no no no no no no way.

Aliasaholic47 said:
I've actually heard that a couple times before, on different sites and such. ABC or JJ won't confirm anything either, but guys c'mon its Alias can anyone imagine the last 4 seasons without Vaughn??? Syd would just be depressed all the time and thats no fun :(

I think that there is no way ABC would do this show without vaughn, no no no no no no way.
[post="1474121"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i totally agree. AND she's lost enough bfs/fiances on the show. [danny, noah...]

Asked if this was just a rumor, Vartan replied: "Yes indeed."

On the show, Michael was asked if *for now*, if it was just a rumor. That's the question he answered. The actual wording could be important.

I am going to look at this as a positive statement, because I want him to stay. Common sense tells me that it would be the wrong move to kill off Vaughn.

*sigh* Well I hope this means he's still leaving... just not in the premiere (which I had assumed already).

While I can't say Im happy or sad that Vartan may leave, I can pose the question that would it really matter? I mean I know that Vaughn has been a huge part of the series but each year we seem to lose someone that has meant something to the show, Merrin was a big part in keepin Syd's life normal and we lost her to evil francie, and then we lost Bradley Cooper to witness protection, and we pretty much lost David Anders last season. I've never been a big S/V shipper but I understand where the shippers come from, but I don't see how his leaving would change the fan base that much. We would still love ALIAS the same.

As for the comment in the article about Vartan and Garner's realtionship in real life, what bearing does that have on the show, they've already shown they can work without that being a problem, so I think that needs to be left out of the equation all together.

could somebody please tell me what a 'shipper' is?

I have never seen the word and I have read and lurked on tons of message boards.

Sorry to be off topic, but I have to know ;)

Anyhoo, I am glad he's not leaving, if indeed he is not, but truth be told I wouldn't really car emuch if he left.

Hebime said:
[post="1475725"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Someone who supports a relationship eg. S/V shippers support the Sydney/Vaughn relationship.

:smiley:

thanks. I kinda thought that, but wasn't positive. Now I know......

This site is so massive with so much traffic it is a bit intimidating getting into the swing of things here......

I think it is publicity so new viewers can watch. I think Vartan is essential, however anything is possible! I don't know if anyone agrees with me.. the S/V relationship was much more chemical in season3 than season 4.

:cheers:

"shipper" is also literally short for "worshipper" as in worshipper of Sydney and Vaughn.

I have never seen the word and I have read and lurked on tons of message boards.
Sorry to be off topic, but I have to know ;)

Anyhoo, I am glad he's not leaving, if indeed he is not, but truth be told I wouldn't really car emuch if he left.

Back