Season 5 Vartan or Vaughn?

Would you still watch Alias if Vaughn came back, but was played by another actor? (Helix in effect,

• Yes, I just miss the character.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's all dependent on whether it's Vartan.

• Maybe. We'd have to see who's playing Vaughn.

• Total voters
i miss his character because i enjoyed his interactions with the others in the show and believe him to be an essential pl;ayer in sydney's life not just a danny who was put into the show to be killed off.

syd has been quiet this season and i miss her conversations with vaughn a lot.

I never watched the show for Vaughn, so I would still watch, though I would be really annoyed! :angry: If they are going to bring him back, bring him back with Vartan....if not, let the poor guy rest in peace! I think it would detract from the show to use someone else.

id still watch the show but i would miss the old Vaughn heaps :cry:

it wouldnt be the same but the love i have for Alias will never stop even when Alias ends :depressed:

Luv Em :ninja: :stick: :Ph34r:

I think that we all became too attached to Vartan as Vaughn. Anyone else wouldn't couldn't match up to the standards that we have when Vartan filled the shoes. If its not Vartan, I think that would be disrespectful... That is like replacing Jen with someone else. He was the leading man, she's the leading lady... Replacing either one of their characters is like suicide. It is okay to get new characters..... Just don't replace existing characters with some other actor, especially this late in the show... It is not daytime TV, where people are constantly replaced.

Therefore, I chose option 2... The "No, it's all dependent on whether it's Vartan." like the majority of you.

Megan

If you watch General Hospital i wouldn't be mad if the character Jason would be good to play the part him and vaughn look similar and he is good actor!

mel

I don't care who it is, I'd be happy just to have Vaughn back, even though it would be nice for Vartan to return as well.

it's not that i'm sad bc vartan is gone. i am, but thats not the reason i want vaughn back. i miss vaughn. lots. to answer the question, it's all dependent on vartan but not bc he's hot and i just love MV. i just think it would ruin the character if they tried to have a new actor play him. ok maybe it wouldn't ruin the character, but it would be weird. it just wouldn't be the same.

If they are going to bring him back, bring him back with Vartan....if not, let the poor guy rest in peace! I think it would detract from the show to use someone else.
totally agree

Nope, Vaughn has to be Vartan, Vartan has to be Vaughn, in one way or another, otherwise, THE SHOW WOULD SUCK BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am totally with you. I would not for a second have watched this show had it not been for Michael Vartan - he was the first voice and face I saw of the show and he was the one who got me interested in it to the extent that I bought the first 4 seasons (I will not be purchasing the 5th). The way he portrayed Vaughn throughout the whole series was superb and did not get enough recognition.

At first, I was thinking that I'd be OK if there was an actor change, but now I'm not. If someone replaced Vartan, I wouldn't be able to just see him randomly kiss Sydney whenever they see each other. Garner and Vartan have a certain kind of chemistry between them that would be lost if someone else were to play Vaughn. Other than that, though, I'd be OK with a Vaughn replacement, because it wouldn't really ruin the show for me.

Back