Vaughn in Heaven

Scarlet Crystal

Bibbity Rabbity
welcome to my fanfic!
rated: PG or PG-13
disclaimer: not mine, it's all J. J.'s ^_^
after firebomb

vaughn is known as micheal in this fanfic (y)
vaughn's father is known as mr. vaughn or mr. vaughn sr. (y)
sydney is just sydney (y)
irina is irina (y)
jack is jack (y)

Chapter One

The gates of Heaven opened, to admit Micheal Vaughn. He was very frightened. Could it all have been a dream? But if it wasn’t, that meant he was dead. In heaven. An angel flew to him and hovered next to him.

“Welcome to Heaven,” he said. Micheal swallowed hard. It seemed very real to him.

“Where are you taking me?” Micheal asked.

“To your father,” said the angel. Micheal’s heart leapt. He would see his father! He had missed him ever since he had died all those years ago. The angel led him over a white bridge to another building on the other floating platform. He had always believed that Heaven would be made of clouds, but it wasn’t. Then he saw his father through a door, exactly the same as when he had died.

“My son!” the older man said suddenly. “Oh, Micheal! You’re dead!”

“Dad!” Micheal yelled. He ran to his side and sat in a chair across from him.

“Oh, I’ve missed you so much!” Mr. Vaughn Sr. said. “Now tell me your story. How did you end up here with me?”

“It’s a long story,” said Micheal slowly.

“There is no real time in Heaven, my son,” Mr. Vaughn said. So Micheal Vaughn began his story.

“Okay. It started after a mission to get this Rambaldi artifact from Sloane. SD-6 is gone, but Sloane is still at large with Sark. So I went to Sydney’s house, and I sat with her. She was tortured a little on the mission, so she was relaxing in the bathtub. We sat and had some wine and she was fine. After that, we had dinner and… we stayed together for a while. Then… I asked her to marry me. I’d gotten the ring after we took down SD-6, because I knew that it would be safe for us.

“And she said yes to me. I was very happy, so we had lunch. She kept admiring her ring… I was very happy. Then… Kendall (from work) called us and told us to come over. His eyes bulged a little when he noticed the ring, but he said nothing. Anyway, he informed us that Jack had allowed them to free Irina to go on a mission with us. He actually had recommended. I was surprised. So, the mission was for me, Sydney, and Irina.” Here Vaughn Sr. frowned. He really didn’t like her. “Sorry, but that’s how it goes… anyway, we went to a small city in Belgium. There was a huge party where we all attended. Irina and I were supposed to stay in the main room while Sydney did her job. So we did. I was talking to Sydney through her earpiece. She told me what she was doing. She was going down a hall… entering a room… fighting two men… going into another room… and then she blacked out.

“I didn’t know what was going on, but she was in trouble. So I gave Irina a gun and we set off. I recalled Sydney’s comments on where she had gone and passed the two fallen men. Then I entered the last room that she was in and saw her on the floor. She looked as though she had fainted. I bent over her. She was still breathing. I never knew what got her. ‘I thought my directions were safe,’ I said aloud. Irina kicked me back away from Sydney and took out the gun I had handed her. Then she smiled at me. ‘I thought you were worthy, but I was wrong,’ she said. She obviously thought that Sydney was dead. Then she went on, ‘You have failed my daughter, so you have failed me. You know, you are just like your father… so dissatisfying… and now, young sir, you die.’ Then she raised her gun and shot me three times. Then… I died.”

“I’m sorry you didn’t live to be even my age,” Mr. Vaughn said sadly. “No wife, no children…”

“Uh…” Micheal said sheepishly. “I left Sydney pregnant.”

“Son!” said Mr. Vaughn “You weren’t married!”

“We were going to get married,” Micheal reminded him quickly. Then he leaned back in his chair. “I miss her, dad.”

“I know, it’s hard,” said Mr. Vaughn. “But you have no idea how much I missed you and your mother.”

“Heaven is so perfect,” Micheal said. “I’ll be fine soon, won’t I?”

“Sorry, my son, but you’ll miss her until she dies. And your child.”

“Ugh, I just want to go back! Not that I don’t want to be here with you…”

“I understand. But you can only go back if God lets you, Micheal.”

“Then I’ll go ask him! I don’t have anything else to do, anyway.”

Micheal Vaughn’s POV

I wonder what God is like. I wonder if he’ll let me go back. I wonder, wonder wonder... This must be it.

“Mr. Angel,” I ask. “May I speak to God here?”

“Yes,” the angel says.

(end POV)

Micheal walked up a long set of white stairs. Then he came to another huge, white, room. There was a huge chair with a man about three times a regular height of a human. Micheal, not knowing what else to do, began to bow down to the ground.

“DO NOT BOW,” said God. “I AM NOT A GOD THAT REQUIRES STRAIGHT WORSHIPPING AT THE GLANCE OF ME. I ONLY ASK FOR THAT IN YOUR PRAYERS AND SACRIFICES.” Micheal stood up. God spoke very loudly. It was frightening.

“I wanted to go home,” Micheal said carefully.

“I KNOW. DOESN’T EVERYONE?” God said, not unkindly.

“I wasn’t very old yet, and not quite married, and my child wasn’t born yet,” Micheal said.

“HMMM… THE LAWS AREN’T VERY HELPFUL IN YOUR SITUATION. I WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU BACK, ONLY FOR A WHILE THOUGH. IT WOULDN’T BE FAIR TO SEND YOU BACK UNTIL YOU DIED AGAIN. I WOULD HAVE TO DO THAT FOR EVERYONE. BUT YOU ARE A PART OF FATE, I SEE. SO I WILL BEND THE LAWS UNTIL… UNTIL YOUR CHILD IS TEN YEARS OLD. THEN, YOU MUST RETURN.”

“Really?” Micheal thought that it would have been harder than that.

“YOU CAN’T COME BACK BEFORE OR AFTER THAT, THOUGH. YOU KNOW THE RULES.”

“When can I go back?”

“NOW!” And Micheal Vaughn began to disappear.

very good, but where's the rest?? lol, it was really good, except why did irina kill him? Just for that i dont like irina. lol.jks jks

Vaughn, his dead father, and God? :blink: A bit strange, but it's a really great fanfic anyways. :smiley: I wonder how Irina will react when she realizes that Vaughn has come back from being dead.

lol, for some reason i find this soooo funny, hehe lol. god just granted his wish. ugghhh o well can't wait to read more.
--mandy :angelic:

This is really good cuz it is original! he he Mr. Angel lol (i'm sorry but i can't help but laugh)

Please write more soon

One thing I think he would be the last person to ever give Irene a gun (I think that was made clear in the last eppie a dark turn)

~KM :angelic:

Back