Vaughn - is his character lacking?

lol I don´t need excuses Sark is better, how many times did vaughn need saving compared to Sark. like a zillion time. I can´t even guess the number it must be.

besides this topic is about vaughn lacking character.
I don´t really get what they are talking about there, since when does Vaughn have any character? anyone?
All I can see is a rimpled spineless wuss trying to get Syd by stupidly smiling at her. I mean come on pathetic much.
I pity anyone he´s been with.

lol corinne!! ;) there are some things that are just inevitable... and there is one thread that we never argued in... i would say "isn't that right, sabs?" but she seems to have disapeared from here. is that how you spell disappeared? *scratches head* so confused right now....

i mean we've stayed outta the sark threads saying bad stuff, but she and her friends come into our anti-sark and vaughn threads....... bit unbalanced don't cha think??

I think Vaughn is a great character and I love the Vaughn Sydney relationship but he is a little to soft and at times overly emotional...

I'm back, muhahahaha, lol.

and you can't blame me for gettign in anti sark threath I haven't been on in like forever.

but to get on topic of things Vaugh lacks so much character I wouldn't know anymore where to begin if I were to make a list of things he needs to improve.

I think Michael Vaughn's character is very strong and completely an anchoring and integral character on the show. At the beginning of season two, Syndey said somthing about how "for the longest time he was the only one I could trust..." and then she said, " I think that still might be true." Given the twists and turns and the general intensity level of her life, she really really needs that. And for those of us out there watching it is just a little piece of comfort knowing that he's got her back. And for those of you who wish to argue with me about that, I mean it in both the literal and figurative sense. Everyone knows that Vaughn was always supporting Sydney from behind the scenes. Then at the end of season 1 when he found her in the train station... and offered to go to with her to save Will. I thought that was a real turning point for him. It was kind of like- if you are going to go on these crazy rogue missions then I'm sure as hell going to be at your side. I felt like that was what he was really trying to tell her.

JJ himself said that Vaughn's character was ruined this year, so read it and weep. :lol:

But seriously. You can't make excuses for his behavior in S3!!! :mellow: I looooved the guy in S1 and S2, and then S3 hit and I was like, "whaaa?" :confused: Perceptive people will notice the change in him. I recommend reading Verdantheart's INCREDIBLE analyses of the entire show, including the characters of Syd, Vaughn, Jack and Irina. I just began reading them (a little late perhaps :rolleyes:), and they are very good!!! Measured and unbiased, and totally true. Very analytical. Lemme find the link and I'll get back to y'all...

ETA: Linkage! :D

Why we don't like Season 3 As Well, and Assume Nothing. Check 'em outttttt!

Leslie said:
JJ himself said that Vaughn's character was ruined this year, so read it and weep. :lol:

ETA: Linkage! :D

Why we don't like Season 3 As Well, and Assume Nothing. Check 'em outttttt!
[post="970842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'd like to read that..where did you find it at? I hit your links but there are pages and pages of poster commentary and or their spin of what may have been said but I didn't see anything from JJ

Still waiting to see where JJ said anything about Vaughn...I did find where he said using so much Sark last season was a big boo boo..(My words not his)

phase272 said:
Vaughn is sooo much better for Sydney than Sark.  Sark needs to find a girl his own age.
[post="953829"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y) :P :D :lol: :smiley: ^_^ -_- :P :D :lol:

On the S3 DVD, in the bonus section of the Paley (??) seminar, JJ said Vaughn was "demolished" during S3, and he couldn't have found a better word. What did they do to Vaughn? they better have something good for him this season.

Back