Vaughn: "My name's not ....."

Heh my complete denial theories ok, these are for people who don't want to believe the truth :

1) Syd is injured from the crash and Vaughn isn't, he calls for an ambulance and Syd becomes conscious, he says to her "Oh my god I am so sorry, I was only joking, I just wanted to see the look on your face" And then starts to cry! And then Syd does too and then she laughs and they end up getting married up on that beach in Santa Barbara!

2) They live through the crash and both end up in hopsital together, Syd wakes up to find Vaughn staring at her, she turns to him and asks him what he was talking about before the crash, he says "I meant what I said, my name's not Michael Vaughn anymore ... it's Michael Bristow, you heard I'm taking your name, you're not taking mine, and secondly I meant it's not a coincedence because it was fate us meeting, I believe in this stuff, and thirdly I meant that I was a bad guy because I wasn't there to protect you when you were being betrayed by SD-6, I knew you were being betrayed, I knew you were an agent there and I didn't care, well I did, but you were just all of the rest of them that worked there to me, we needed to eliminate SD-6 and I could have killed you whilst taking down SD-6 if you hadn't have learned the truth Syd, I could have killed you, I was a bad guy" Then he begins to cry and she smiles and takes him into a hug!

:love: Hehe I like my versions, there not really that realistic but I still think there good, the first one would just be silly and hilarious if it actually happened!

I've coined the name "Naughn" as short for Not-Vaughn/Non-Vaughn. ;)

I have suspected Naughn was bad for the past two years. But he's qualified his reply to Sydney that he might be bad depending on how you look at it. So perhaps he is Sloane's mole (who is now looked at as a good guy now) or Irina's handler, the Sentinal (Irina character is as grey as Arvin is). As a Russian agent, his real name would be something like 'Mikhail Vaughnski' or 'Imna Goodenov'. :P

I dont think hes "bad" at all. I think its something in his past, its not still going on. And they cant just give him a new name! That would be the lamest thing in history. I think theres more to the name change than "oh, yeah, you can call me [insert random name here] from now on". They have to do it so he'll still be called vaughn because otherwise? LAAAAMEE!

How much do you want to bet that he is a member of the Rambaldi Followers just like his father sent to keep an eye on the Choosen One.
To me that is the only Plausible explanation they could possible come up with for season five. He is probably going to be in a coma and Syd. will have to find all of this out on her own with out the context of MV's reasons. It will be emotional to say the least.

wrgreen said:
How much do you want to bet that he is a member of the Rambaldi Followers just like his father sent to keep an eye on the Choosen One.
To me that is the only Plausible explanation they could possible come up with for season five. He is probably going to be in a coma and Syd. will have to find all of this out on her own with out the context of MV's reasons. It will be emotional to say the least.
[post="1369881"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's an awesome theory! :smiley: However, I'd rather see the agressive Sydney more than the emotional Syd. I just finished watching Season 3 and I think this girl has cried WAY too much. She needs to punch someone and listen to her mother (truth takes time). Until the end of time, she will never know the whole truth, so deal. Go kick some bad guy bum! (y)

superintelligentone said:
I've coined the name "Naughn" as short for Not-Vaughn/Non-Vaughn.  ;)

I have suspected Naughn was bad for the past two years.  But he's qualified his reply to Sydney that he might be bad depending on how you look at it.  So perhaps he is Sloane's mole (who is now looked at as a good guy now) or Irina's handler, the Sentinal (Irina character is as grey as Arvin is).  As a Russian agent, his real name would be something like 'Mikhail Vaughnski' or 'Imna Goodenov'.  :P
[post="1369388"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:D lovin' the names, superintelligentone. ' Imna Goodenov' is my fav.
~Lauren

Sarkasim said:
Maybe his name is James Vaughn?...na I don't know.
[post="1367850"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: Then that would rhyme with James Bond! Vaughn, James Vaughn. That would be hilarious.

Katrina Halliwell said:
Just to point out... the Sentinel is Elena Derevko.

:run:

[post="1387384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wasn't The Sentinal supposed to be Irina's handler? Elena and Irina have been enemies for a long time.

How about Bill Vaughn as The Sentinal? That would make him a traitor and Russian agent, but it would justify him shooting that Frank guy in the back.

Hi guys I'm new here but I just had to find an Alias board this whole Vaughn being evil thing is driving me nuts. I definitely agree that this involves her being the chosen one... I just keep trying to remember things that were said during the episode (i don't know what I was thinking when I deleted it off my tivo) and my thoughts keep going to maybe he is like the rambaldi protector. That's why he said his evilness is dependent on who you ask. Because yea he was unfairly stalking her and he was a spy,all of which is very illegal but done with the purpose of making sure that she was safe. Also, in season 3 if i'm not mistaken doesn't he rejoin the CIA pretty much as soon as she comes back. hmmm.....

also if that is the case IMO jack does know and that is why he disapproves of vaugh so much because he has seen what rambaldi can do to people, and if we learned anything about jack bristow is that everything he says or does is in someway related to his daughters protection

i don't think he could ever be evil! he's syd's guardian angel :angelic:

i hope they keep calling him Michael Vaughn even though we think it's not his name :P

lol Sabby i love your theories :lol: "sorry Syd, i was just kidin with ya :ermm:" :lol:

I LOVE the name Michael Vaughn and now for all we know in the fifth season it could be some stupid name like Phillip!!! :angry:

<hey im new here so most in fact all of u wnt kno me > but my theory is tht vaughn in the car is michael vaughn's identical twin brother or a clone <as was irina> and tht the real michael has been kidnapped and is tellin vaughn exactly wot to say in return for his life wen this bazziarness ends!!!!!! wot do u think ?

Syd said, "we'll find each other, we always find each other"
then we'll say, "you're Michael Vaughn, for us you'll forever be Michael Vaughn"
:smiley:

I hope its something in the past... and he change his name to Michael Vaughn! They can't start calling him a new name.

"My name's not Michael Vaughn. It's Michel Vaughn but everybody teased me in high school."

Anyway. I seriously don't think they are going to start calling him something else. You just can't do that with a main character after four seasons.

^i agree. that'd would be so wrong, weird and annoying. i can maybe (reluctantly) accept if his first name isn't really michael, but he just HAS to be a VAUGHN.

Keep in mind that his intentions are ultimately good and his secret isn't really all that awful, just something Sydney should know because of the Irina reasoning: Irina will allow them to marry despite the past she knows about and he doesn't seem to think Sydney will leave him when he tells her but just wants her to know his past..."just so there are no secrets between us".

Assuming he is an overall good guy, I believe there are 3 questions that must be answered:

1. Is Bill Vaughn Michael's father?
-> All evidence of their relationship as mentioned in the replies above indicates yes.
- This means that either Bill Vaughn wasn't his real name and was changed for some reason of protection or cover. Therefore Michael’s name would have been changed. Is there any other way to account for Michael Vaughn claiming that is not his real name but still having Bill Vaughn as a father? Unless Michael is some secret second son or something, the long lost Gaylord Vaughn who assumed his brother's identity! :rolleyes:

2. Why does Michael claim that it was "no accident" that they met, that it was his office that Sydney was directed to that day and that he became her handler?
- The secret is "from a long time ago, before we met. Actually, it's the reason we met. It is no accident that I'm the one you came to when you walked into the CIA with your story about SD-6". Doesn't that seem like his secret has something to do with SD-6, like he was part of some secret taskforce and she was directed to him? That is, assuming his activities were in the best interest and somehow sanctioned by the CIA.
- If the CIA directed her to Michael, there must be some people there who know Michael's secret and/or were part of it. Michael could have been DSR and undercover (like Devlyn was), but given his reaction to Rambaldi and DSR activities in Season 3, I doubt it. So he is/was from A. a special branch of the CIA, B. another government agency, C. another foreign country's intelligence service (can we say France!), or D. some rogue group (could be good or bad, maybe at one point worked for SD6 as a triple agent, or remember 'The Trust'? They wasn't necessarily a group with evil interests).
-He couldn't have worked for Irina, at least with his own knowledge, because he denied his activities to her and was surprised she knew of them.
-If only some people would consider him a "bad guy", then, according to the possibilities above, A. Some people in the CIA don't like his job, perhaps he roots out moles and they feel threatened, B. Don't believe that he should have the mandate from another agency to work in the CIA, C. though he could be working for some 'greater good' and not against the US he isn't or wasn't primarily loyal to the US and therefore a 'bad guy', or D. personal interests in whatever group he was working for, and because they aren't sanctioned by the CIA (but not necessarily against) he would be considered "bad".
-Again, someone else in the CIA had to know because the director sent Sydney to Michael in the first episode.

3. Was the car crash an accident or intentional and related to his secret?
-I have no idea!

My deduction: Clearly the secret SD-6 related which ended when SD-6 was taken down, is sanctioned by some senior CIA officers who sent Sydney to him, and he is his father's son whose name had to be changed for protection or cover when Michael was young.

Back