Vaughn - original concept?

I thought I read somewhere that JJ's initial idea wasn't to start any strong relationship between Syd and Vaughn, and that Will was a more likely bet. Can anyone confirm this for me, please?

One of the S1 commentary tracks, I thought JJ said they weren't sure who they were going to pair Syd up with. But as soon as they started writing, it was obvious to them it was going to be Vaughn. Mind you I haven't watched/listen to the track in quite sometime so I don't have the exact quote. If you want that you'll have to watch/listen for yourself. ;)

I thought I read somewhere that JJ's initial idea wasn't to start any strong relationship between Syd and Vaughn, and that Will was a more likely bet. Can anyone confirm this for me, please?

I heard that Vartan was totally a train wreck during the office shoot (he thought he will get fired). To make matters worse, he was asked to go to a meating. (He thought that this was it.) Fortunatelly they liked his acting (and saw good chemistry between Vartan's and Garner's characters).

Shucks, I guess I'll just have to go and sit through the S1 DVDs again, then, won't I? :D (presumably it was the pilot ep).

Thanks!

Hello. and a happy New Year to all--even without "Alias." I would have liked to have had the show go on to its original (or so I understood) 7th season, but alas and alack. I remember reading a statement by JJAbrams (remember him?)--perhaps issued at the time of the 3rd season--evidently at that time there was a question relayed to JJ re. the Vaughn--Will/Syd relationships. At least initially JJ (according to the comment as I remember it) had made up his mind (even before Michael Vartan had auditioned for that CIA agent part) that Vaughn was the very ONE--her close confidant, friend, handler and, of course, her ultimate true love. It helped, as cited above by Point Blank and bachdreaming10 that the Syd/Vaughn chemistry spark could have and did light up a city the size of Chicago. (Well, I'm slightly S/V prejudiced, as you probably guessed by this time.) This is just a guess, but perhaps JJA issued that statement when he was in the process of trying to right the 3rd season Vaughn/Lauren fiasco. He really succeeded as far as I'm concerned--I loved the 4th season with the exception of the, well, Santa Barbara finale, which ended in a bleak (at least for me) and final 5th season. Anyway to all, have a great 2008! Posted December 28, 2007.

Back