Season 5 Vaughn spoiler

I hope its true....but their relationship needs to make serious progress in the last few eps for it to happen, because they are acting so different around eachother then in season 2 when i could have really seen it happening

No, both parts are confirmed. Vaughn asks for Syd's hand in ep20, he apparently proposes in ep22.

I don't think the marriage would sink the show. People either love S/V or hate them together. Shippers will be happy about he marriage if it happens, and people that don't like it will still watch just because it's alias, it's not like it's going to change the fact that bad guys are still being brought to justice, there are plenty of storylines still going.

Unless people decide to be stupid about it and say they won't watch unless S/V break it off or get a divorce.

People don't just watch for their relationship. Wedding or no wedding, Alias will be fine.

I have the Us Weekly magazine article and it states " Jennifer Garner has been asked for her hand in marriage...by ex Michael Vartan! But Ben Affleck needn't worry - the proposal took place on April 15 while Garner and Vartan, 36, filmed the season finale of Alias, which airs May 25." This article was in the May 2 issue of Us Weekly.

This is a confirmed SPOILER.
Yeah, but theres spoilers such as episode descriptions, and then theres spoilers that are more speculation. I was just wondering what one it was.

Jinnie said:
No, both parts are confirmed. Vaughn asks for Syd's hand in ep20, he apparently proposes in ep22.
[post="1325828"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Awesome. Thanks Jinnie.

AHHHHHHHHH they're getting engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg i'm so lost.. i should read spoilers more often!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *jumping up and down and all around* lol... YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY sooo soooo sooooooooo happy!!!!

maybe they are only getting engaged, not married... who says they will wed right away? I mean, obviously it isn't happening before the end of this season (the wedding)... So perhaps we needn't worry about the "marriage between main characters" sinking the show...

I also just read another (n) rumor about Vartan leaving the show in TV guide ... but JJ still says the plan is to have him back. Anyway, how bad can it be with them getting engaged, right? Our worst case scenario would probably be that Vartan would make intermitent guest appearances. I think after this many years and an engagement that they are not going to try to introduce a new love interest for Sydney. Whether he's there full time or not. But anyway, the rumor mill has been trying to spin the story that he is leaving the show all year, I wish they would just shut the heck up! :blush:

this is just a theory not a spoiler. what if he gets down on one knee in ep. 21 then it cuts off ( just to keep us coming back for more s/v). then in ep. 22 it picks upi where we left them and he asks her! that would be soooooooo awesome. the anticipation would kill me though. i hope she says yes. i am a really big s/v shipper. i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope jack respones positively to vaughn. that dosen't seem like jack though unless vaughn said something really sweet about sydney that completely won him over even though that seems unprobabable. just a thought. maybe she will start calling him michael too. what a happy day! lets talk about the akward moment when jack walks syd down the isle. anyway just some of my thoughts i had to get out of my head.

i bet :jack1: will be all like :superangry: but love shall prevail. :syd4: :2love: :vaughn1: for ever.

Jinnie said:
[post="1325828"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
HOLY felgercarb. Aw Jinnie, now I'm sad. (n)

spy41 said:
I don't think the marriage would sink the show.  People either love S/V or hate them together.  Shippers will be happy about he marriage if it happens, and people that don't like it will still watch just because it's alias, it's not like it's going to change the fact that bad guys are still being brought to justice, there are plenty of storylines still going. 

Unless people decide to be stupid about it and say they won't watch unless S/V break it off or get a divorce. 

People don't just watch for their relationship.  Wedding or no wedding, Alias will be fine.
[post="1325853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Erm. :ermm: S/V married would definitely be reason for me to stop watching! :lol: And every other non-shipper/non-S/V. Trust me. :mellow:

This is bad. Very very bad.

Remember what happened to Danny after he asked for Jack's permission, he proposed and found out the truth about Sydney's life and then he was killed. I just hope that scenerio doesn't happen in a similar way for Vaughn. Just a question, what is it with Syd's boyfriends asking for the father's permission. :confused:

spy41 said:
I don't think the marriage would sink the show.  People either love S/V or hate them together.  Shippers will be happy about he marriage if it happens, and people that don't like it will still watch just because it's alias, it's not like it's going to change the fact that bad guys are still being brought to justice, there are plenty of storylines still going. 

People don't just watch for their relationship.  Wedding or no wedding, Alias will be fine.
[post="1325853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It would be a reason for me to stop watching, especially after we were told that they would be taking it slow this season, if marriage is slow I wanna know what the hell fast is. I've never been a shipper and never will be and that marriage would completely ruin the show for me.

That being said, the articles and spoilers never stated that Syd said yes to the proposal, and she really shouldn't, it would ruin the dynamic of the show b/c the point in the begining was Syd and Vaughn trying to be together but the couldn't and it's been a staple of the show since the begining that they strive to be together and make it work.

Them getting married would be like finding out that Rambaldi was playing an elaborate joke this whole time.

And Will was much better looking anyway

Are you kidding?? Will much better looking than Vaughn?? No Way! But to each his own.

As far as marriage, no one has said anything about them getting married, just
you know what.

Kelly V said:
Sydney better say yes, or i swear to God, ill kill someone. Im not kidding. Ill cry, and then kill someone, and anyone who tries to stop me.

And if she does say yes and JJ somehow finds a way to split them both up AGAIN, ill kill him.
I know hes the genius behind the show, i know theres no show without him, but, if she says no, ill be incapable of rational thought, and just smash a chair. ON HIS HEAD.

Is this even a confirmed spoiler? Im seriously getting all worked up for nothing arnt i? Damn it.
[post="1323641"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ok-- deep breaths... thats it--- in and out... thats better
no... wait....

PUT THE CHAIR DOWN!!!

(just kidding!) :blush:

ETA: TO CLARIFY -- the "confirmed spoiler" is that Vaughn will ask Jack something momentous. The spoiler says nothing whatsoever about what the question will be. Considering this, I am wondering whether he is going to ask Jack if Jack is his real father...
[post="1325757"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

don't say that! thats an awful thing to say. don't even think it-- yecht yecht yecht!!!

sPyInThEdArK said:
It would be a reason for me to stop watching, especially after we were told that they would be taking it slow this season, if marriage is slow I wanna know what the hell fast is. I've never been a shipper and never will be and that marriage would completely ruin the show for me.

That being said, the articles and spoilers never stated that Syd said yes to the proposal, and she really shouldn't, it would ruin the dynamic of the show b/c the point in the begining was Syd and Vaughn trying to be together but the couldn't and it's been a staple of the show since the begining that they strive to be together and make it work.

Them getting married would be like finding out that Rambaldi was playing an elaborate joke this whole time.

[post="1328220"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I can't tell you how much I love you right now. :hug: I totally agree! :smiley: I miss Will so much (I'm a Sarkney, but I think Will is her soulmate :angelic:).

AngelFire47 said:
ETA: TO CLARIFY -- the "confirmed spoiler" is that Vaughn will ask Jack something momentous. The spoiler says nothing whatsoever about what the question will be. Considering this, I am wondering whether he is going to ask Jack if Jack is his real father...
[post="1325757"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
don't say that! thats an awful thing to say. don't even think it-- yecht yecht yecht!!!
[post="1328475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
LMAO Are you kidding? I think it would be awesome! (y) But as Jinnie said, I'm wrong. -_- So it's too bad (and sad).

Aw, I know some people don't like S/V, but as long as their engagement/marriage/whatever doesn't take over the show, I don't think you should give up hope. There will still be the missions and intrigue and spydaddy and Marshall and all the other great stuff. Plus, it'll be nice for Syd not to be alone.

dotfar said:
Are you kidding??  Will much better looking than Vaughn?? No Way! But to each his own.

As far as marriage, no one has said anything about them getting married, just
you know what.
[post="1328346"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm with you, Dotfar.

^^^ i don't think anyone can top Vaughn! he's so godly :notworthy:

if Vaughn asked Syd to marry him i would be soo happy, :D but i think is a bit soon.... :thinking:

whoever said that vaughn asks jack if he is his father, that would be sooo incredibuly wrong! :eek:

ms.katejones said:
Aw, I know some people don't like S/V, but as long as their engagement/marriage/whatever doesn't take over the show, I don't think you should give up hope. There will still be the missions and intrigue and spydaddy and Marshall and all the other great stuff. Plus, it'll be nice for Syd not to be alone.
[post="1329049"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly. Their relationship hasn't really been a central part to the plot this season...so why would their engagement suddenly be?

I definitely don't think it'd ruin the show. People get engaged/married all the time on tv and it doesn't sink their ratings. Now when the have babies, that's when you start to see problems...

People can be engaged for years without getting married. I think it's just to show their love for each other...JJ knows what he's doing.

Back