Season 5 Vaughn vs. Lauren

I've posted this long ago......I think Vaughn is a smart dude who had a damn good reason for marrying Lauren. I think Vaughn has been playin' Lauren all along and that's what he's gonna tell Syd. I'm not sure if Vaughn has told anyone else, maybe Weiss. What do you think?

personally i thinm vaughn is going to turn bad,,

AND I THINM YA ALL SHOULD THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE WHEN IT COMES TO MRS VAUGHN"

on another note.. :eek: I CANT BELIEVE SARK ORDER MRS VAUGHN TO KILL IS DAD....

r we sure daddy sark is dead? DID WE SEE HIM LIKE DYING OR JUST BEING SHOT?

i trust vaughn as a good guy, but I must say that moving on after only 9 months since "the love of his life" died is pretty early, and quite suspicious on bot lauren's and vaughn's side! :thinking:

I agree completely on the idea that Vaughn married Lauren to investigate her. I thought that when i watched Sunday's episode and how it was only 9 months after Syd "died" - that would make sense.

and i think vaughn can't tell syd anything because his work is covert or something.

and i am SO GLAD dixon isn't evil: it was great to see him actually doing something this episode. he is totally underused and under-seen this season. (which really irritates me because he is such a strong character.)

I think that either ~

A) Vaughn found out about Lauren's mission sometime before he married her (ala Neil Caplan), or

B) Vaughn was brainwashed somehow by Barnett, which allowed Lauren to infiltrate his life. Unlike Sydney, Vaughn doesn't have Project Christmas to keep him from being controlled.

Either way, something seriously ain't right in the Elephant world.

Spike315 said:
Personally i think Vaughn's just a sucker for women who can handle sniper rifles. :P
I think Vaughn is just a sucker plain and simple. even if it is a covert mission (which I doubt) he could have refused. If Sidney was his life he would have waited longer than he did. He didn't wait nine months even. That's just when she saw him. :angry: The familiar way he hugged and kissed Lauren suggests that they've been dating for some time. It's possible he barely waited five months. :angry:

ozlygal said:
personally i thinm vaughn is going to turn bad,,

AND I THINM YA ALL SHOULD THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE WHEN IT COMES TO MRS VAUGHN"

on another note.. :eek: I CANT BELIEVE SARK ORDER MRS VAUGHN TO KILL IS DAD....

r we sure daddy sark is dead? DID WE SEE HIM LIKE DYING OR JUST BEING SHOT?

Who said Sark ordered it? He spoke to someone on the phone while he was making his getaway, but he didn't seem to me to be giving an order. More like asking someone above him to get someone to "take care of it".

Lauren, on the other hand, was very deferential. "It's taken care of, Sir." Best bet is Sloane or Cole.

Aly ;)

Wow. That makes sense. Rumor is Sloane is going to have romantic entanglements with Barnett. So if Barnett was in his pocket, perhaps he could have used her to manipulate Vaughn into marriage.

Its a great theory, but it lacks motive. Why would Sloane care to toy around with Vaughn?

that would be great if vaughn did know if lauren was up to something but deep down i dont think lauren is bad cuz there making it too easy for Vaughn to go back to Sydney, i also wonder how far Vaughn is going to go to be mean to Sydeny cuz of what Jack said to him.

We all know Sloane has something to do with this cuz he saw that thing when he went up to the mountain on last seasons finale episode and he is the one who loves Rimbaldi and he is always behind it.

did anyone ever think that Sloane is probably the one who is controlling the covenent, i mean he has the resources and he is just acting like he is just another one of there pawns so the CIA doesnt know that he is in control and he can find out all the info from Syd

what do u guys think

I think it would be great to see Vaughn playing Lauren. I would love that & it would mean Vaughn has been doing some sneaking & thinking on his own.

Okay so I watched the preview for next week again and while Vaughn and Syd are in the holding cell before they go to the firing squad Vaughn says that he has something he has to tell Syd...and then the next thing we see is Syd's reaction and it is one of those shocked/surprised/choked up kinda inhales that Jen is so good at so here is my theory....maybe Vaughn tells her he knew she was alive too...or found out around the time that Kendall and Dixon did....and married Lauren for some purpose...I think both Lauren and Vaughn had alterior motives for marrying eachother

aliasallday said:
Okay so I watched the preview for next week again and while Vaughn and Syd are in the holding cell before they go to the firing squad Vaughn says that he has something he has to tell Syd...and then the next thing we see is Syd's reaction and it is one of those shocked/surprised/choked up kinda inhales that Jen is so good at so here is my theory....maybe Vaughn tells her he knew she was alive too...or found out around the time that Kendall and Dixon did....and married Lauren for some purpose...I think both Lauren and Vaughn had alterior motives for marrying eachother
That's what I'm hoping. I thought 9 months was really too fast. But...on the same time I have to say this about my girl Syd. We all keeping trashing Vaughn, and saying how could he...but it seems that in the missing two years that we now know Sydney was in fact still Sydney...she was buddie buddie with Simon. So if Syd was having a little fun herself...I mean Vaughn shouldn't get that much heat. I mean yes, I am mad that he did...and all, but if Syd had fun of her own and she turly loved Vaughn....or it could be she had to for safet y reasons. I don't know. I am going to stop talking now.. -_-

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

i was doing some more thinking and reading of these forums...and it occured to me that maybe we should give lauren the benefit of the doubt a little...i mean i know we all want her evil...but maybe she is being blackmailed in some way by Sark...i think JJ has a little more creativity then to make Lauren be so obviously bad and in the beginning of this season Sark boobytrapped Lauren's car remember, and he said he would see her again...so maybe he threatened her with something and that is why she agreed to be the sniper...and what the hell was that that Lindsey had in the envelope that made Sloane have him shot instead of Syd...we never figured that out and I am thinking maybe it has something to do with all this (who am I kidding...EVERY LITTLE THING in this show is important)

I definitely think Lauren is evil and connected to the Covenant. I'm not giving her the benefit of the doubt. As far as Vaughn, it could be that he was directed to marry Lauren but I definitely believe Lauren was told to marry Vaughn. It will be interetsing if both were spying on each other. But......in a way I don't think so.

What I got from the preview of next week was more like Vaughn telling Sydney he still loves her. Since they are about to die, that would make sense.

I thought Vaughn was going to tell Syd he never stopped loving her, when he says " there is something you should know". But you never know I hope Vaughn was tricked into marrying Lauren, somehow, someway....

:confused: Hmmm- Let's see. Sloane picking up with Barnett. Vaughn looking to confess to Syd before facing the firing squad. Missing (?) test tubes with Syd's eggs. Lauren as the sniper. While the last epi answered many questions, it stirred up so many more!

I've read speculation that lauren may "carry" Syd's fertilized eggs. EWWWW!!

You all have raised some very valid points. It will be tough to wait for Sunday (again!)

Was Vaughn really teaching (out of CIA work) while married to Lauren? If so, then wouldn't she be the one to use him? Just wondering?

Back