Season 5 Vaughn - what do we think now?

Do you believe Vaughn is really dead?

• He is dead.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He is still alive and being hidden by Jack and Sydney.

• He is still alive and being hidden by Irina.

• He is still alive and something else.

• I don't know.

• Total voters

jems

michael's widow in mourning
OK, so we now have it confirmed that the return of Michael Vartan was simply Sydney's memories, seen through a drug induced procedure. However, some of the scenes we saw could easily be taken as signs that Vaughn is still alive. I truly haven't made my mind up and am still hoping for a happy ending but I wanted to hear what everyone else thinks.

---------------

Ok, there has obviously been a lot of people not belileving Vaughn is dead. This episode could be plain and simple - telling us he IS dead!!!

BUT

I think there was too much going on for this to be true.

First of all, the drink scene at the hospital! Everyone who is anyone noticed that Sydney gave Vaughn a drink IMMEDIATELY before he flatlined............surely implying that JAck had worked together his sloane-reviving-juice-from-hourglass and saved the day!? Now to show this scene again - in more detail - with some guy there handing her the drink and saying "a sip at a time" in a dodgy european accent .........come on this has to be a sign that the damned drink was something MORE than just a drink of water!!!

Also - all the talk about them finding each other and about Vaughn seeing the baby............

either the writers are just plain mean or the vaughster is alive and in hiding with said italiuan doctor nursing him back to full health whilst Syd and Jackie boy look into Prophet Five!!

------------------

Kind of related, one thing still bugs me..............why did Prophet Five kill Vaughn when they did? Is it all about the baby??

I belive Vaughn is alive, like I allways have. But I think he is being hidden by Jack alone and not Sydney she thinks he is dead.

You can really tell on Jacks look that Vaughn is still alive. We have seen Jack "make people disapared" before, so why not again?

And I belive he is only doing it to protect Sydney.

Vaughn is dead.

Interesting how the delusion was Sydney expression of her subconscious desire to see and talk with Mike, but the imagined Vaughn tells her that she must let him go and live her life without him. The context was he would wait for her in the afterlife. So isn't Sydney telling herself to move on? She is telling herself that its okay for her to be with someone else. That's what Will is for. :D

Syd keeps saying that she misses him, and that he got shot, and that he flatlined, but never that he actually *died*...

I kind of hope he's dead. It's getting a little old having people die and come back to life so often.

I would be more shocked if Vaughn was actually dead than what I was when we saw Lena Olin in "The Horizon". I still think the look Jack gave Sydney at the "funeral" has been the biggest "tell" that he's alive we've seen. Not a good poker face Mr. Bristow.

I think Sydney just says that because she dosn't want him to be dead. Its to hard for her to face the facts. And in that way the producers can trick us in to beliving that Syd knows he is alive. But actually its spydaddy who knows!

woah - so many people voted but not so many expALINED the vote.

i think he is stil;l avive too :smiley:

I kind of hope he's dead. It's getting a little old having people die and come back to life so often
I agree completely. Of course we miss him.. but his body was riddled with bullets and Dean (who said he was ordered to shoot him) is dead.

I know the shippers would rather have Vaughn back than anything else, but I'm more into the storyline than wiith Vaughn (who got married when Syd was gone, was a really bad spy, and wasn't too happy about the baby and ..<has a hook nose> .. well IMHO is not good enough for Syd! )

My questions:
1. Who the heck is Jack's British Spy friend from last week.. who was VERY interested in Syd!
2. Could Irina have YET another daughter?? What's her name (working with her) is an awesome baddie and looks a lot like a Derevko! I've liked her since she turned on Rachel and then later on Dean. <I think she's a great baddie:smiley: OR could she be a cousin? We never knew much about Katya (other than she really liked Jack) .. what if SHE had a daughter.. what if it was Jack's? .. another sister for Syd ;)
3. Who was Tom's wife? I'm trying to put the time-line together. I think it's important. I wonder if that's what Jack knows about Tom and said he was "OK" with it.

I know I have more ???'s.. gotta go watch em all again. I'll have time between now and March <sighing the BIG sigh>

:stpatty:

I agree completely. Of course we miss him.. but his body was riddled with bullets and Dean (who said he was ordered to shoot him) is dead.

I know the shippers would rather have Vaughn back than anything else, but I'm more into the storyline than wiith Vaughn (who got married when Syd was gone, was a really bad spy, and wasn't too happy about the baby and ..<has a hook nose> .. well IMHO is not good enough for Syd! )

My questions:
1. Who the heck is Jack's British Spy friend from last week.. who was VERY interested in Syd!
2. Could Irina have YET another daughter?? What's her name (working with her) is an awesome baddie and looks a lot like a Derevko! I've liked her since she turned on Rachel and then later on Dean. <I think she's a great baddie:smiley: OR could she be a cousin? We never knew much about Katya (other than she really liked Jack) .. what if SHE had a daughter.. what if it was Jack's? .. another sister for Syd ;)
3. Who was Tom's wife? I'm trying to put the time-line together. I think it's important. I wonder if that's what Jack knows about Tom and said he was "OK" with it.

I know I have more ???'s.. gotta go watch em all again. I'll have time between now and March <sighing the BIG sigh>
:stpatty:

1. I can't tell by how you phrased the question, but actress Caroline Goodall played MI-6 Agent Elizabeth Powell. We wonder if Elizabeth and Jack had an intimate relationship or He merely told her a lot about Sydney.

2. You wonder if 'Kelly Peyton' could be another Derevko? I've heard suggestions that 'Peyton' is the niece that Irina held before Sydney was born in the photo that Nadia found. But Peyton seems too young to be the baby in the photo. Offhand, I'd say we don't need another Derevko.

3. Tom's ex-wife. People have speculated she was Lauren or Renee. It can't be Renee, since they didn't react when they met. Jack's reaction to first learning about Thomas does make people think has a personal reason to react like that. I saw a suggestion that Nadia is the ex-wife. But why wouldn't Sloane know that if Jack does? I don't think that it is anyone that we've met. There is no need to connect every character on the show. :lol:

I think Vaughn is alive and Jack has hidden him, but Sydney doesn't know. There are just too many clues pointing to him being alive. Jack has done and said tons of little things that just make it more likely that he hid Vaughn, but in order to protect Syd didn't tell her. I think on spoilerfix it said that Jack, Dixon and even Weiss were involved with something that would hurt Syd. I'm guessing the "hurt" is her finding out that he has been alive and that no one told her.

I'm also wondering about Tom's wife... Someone on the spoiler boards was thinking that maybe it was Allison, since they are possibly trying to bring her back. It could have happened before she became the Francie clone and then she disappeared and he thought she left him or something. I don't know, but I doubt they would mention something like that if it wasn't important or going to come back later.

Also I think on the ABC release about "Bob" it said that Elizabeth (the MI-6 agent) was a former lover of Jack's. That is probably how she knew about Syd.

My questions:

I vote that I think Vaughn is dead because I think it more likely that Vaughn and Syd will find each other when Syd makes the ultimate sacrifice in the season finale. (That's pure speculation btw.)

I'm torn as to whether I want him dead though. I mean I'm a shipper, I want more then anything for Syd to be able to ride off into the sunset with the love of her life, but I mean c'mon, if they wanted to leave it open for him to come back, why kill him in the most graphic manner of any death ever on Alias? It was like they were going out of their way to say "Yo all you people who are going to want to think we didn't really kill him, WE DID." Bringing him back after that . . . I dunno.

But Alias has had so many plot holes (often disguised as "twists") and I still am addicted, so in the end, if it means the hero and heroine can be back together, maybe it wouldn't be so horrible to have to deal with one more inconsistancy if it means Vaughn is back.

But I think he's dead.

i think that Vaughn is still alive but someone is else is hiding him

everyone else may be sick of the "died then they are really alive alive" story line but with this storyline it is really going somewhere and the ratings for Alias may go up if they bring him back

Luv Em :ninja: :stick: :Ph34r:

Vaughn is alive, period.

1. When they found out Vaughn's file was stolen, Jack looked at Syd and said 'we will fix it', then he gave her a long look. If he was dead and it was only files, what left to fix?
2. The hospital scene, it was very clear that it was that drink that took Vaughn away, not death. Too many hints there.
3. In the drug induced 'memory', Syd's conversation with Vaughn keep suggesting he has to go so 'they' won't get what they were looking for. It is more of a hide away than a farewell. Syd suggested 'I just want to go away and forget all burden on my shoulders. Just you, me and the baby...' She wouldn't suggest a three person get away if Vaughn is dead.

I don't think he's dead. Irina seems rather suspicious, even though we only saw her for a few minutes (or seconds, something like that). It could be Jack as well. I'm not sure. I just don't think he's dead.

Vaughn has to be alive...there was too much stuff going on in APO before Vaughn died. You had Marshall saying that he broke about 37 laws and Dixon talking about securing a Villa in Italy...Well the whole incident took place in Italy.

I think after the car accident when Marshall was not able to access any satillite feed, that Jack put two and two together and realized that they are dealing with some people who are high up...high enough that they knew about APO...because Dean went right into the APO offices.

I also believe that Sydney knows that he is alive, why else save a hockey magazine instead of throwing it away?

Irina's hiding him. She has a plan, and I think she's trying to get Sydney out of the CIA, with Vaughn, to allow them to settle down.

I can't see why Irina would push for Vaughn to propose to Syd if he was due to be killed by her organisation. Over the last few years we've seen her try to protect Syd. Doesn't make sense unless he's not dead.

Back