Season 4 Vaughn's last words deciphered...

I found this on the ABC Message boards and Thought I should post it here. I am NOT taking credit for this at all. I'm just passing the info along.

---------------------------------Quote------------------------------------------------------
Sydney: Don't tell me you're not a good guy

Vaughn:

It depends on who you ask.
It's from a long time ago.
It's before we met.
Actually it's the reason why we met.
It's no accident that I was the one you came to when you walked into the CIA with your story about SD-6.
My name is not Michael Vaughn

INTERPRETATION...

- Vaughn was on a hunt to avenge his father's death and why he joined the CIA.

- His activities to get information have "been questionable"... Torture, black-mail, collaberation w/the dark side members (Like in a Dark Turn episode)

- His hunt started prior to them meeting.

- He knew that she worked for SD-6 because he knew Jack's double agent status with the CIA. He probably was assigned to do research on them.

- The reason why they met was because he volunteered to be her handler when she walked into the CIA

- Why did he volunteer to be her handler? He heard her name... Sydney Bristow and knew who she was from his research.

- He's name is not Michael, but is another son of Bill posing as Michael.

Lastly... He might have worked for another agency (K-Directorate, Alliance, French Intelligence perhaps?)before CIA and switched over.
------------------------------EndQuote------------------------------------------------------------------

from Go

ooo! I love the theory about Vaughn being another one of Bill Vaughn's sons. That would make some sense actually...

So, why wouldn't he just use his real name?? Seems odd that he would take over his brother's idenity.

The thing is he is not Michael he is Bill Vaughn. I know Bill is much older but lets just talk about the flower from season 2. Maybe he found some sort of fountain of youth. I don't really believe this, I am just putting it out there.

Katie

OMG that seem really interesing!!! then who is he really!!! and where is the real Micheal Vaughn?? hmmmmm!!
SYD

I think that his name is different because he and his mom had to go into whiteness protection, seeing that all of the Rembaldi followers where truly pissed of that Bill stole Nadia! And because of whiteness protection, they had to account for every thing including changing his dad's name so that any one searching for them couldn't find them.

When he left the CIA didnt he become a Frech Teacher? If so, then French Intelligence would make a little sense.

- RaptorRed

But if he's really Michael's brother.....?
Why's he posing as Michael? Why can't he be in the CIA or a double agent for whatever as himself?

The theory about him joining the CIA mainly to acquire knowledge and seek revenge for his father's death is very good, though, and certainly would explain how Irina knows his secret, which no one else seems to know, though I think Jack may suspect something.... and Jack's hesitation would only be out of his love for Sydney, not wanting to hurt her...

the witness protection thing is very possible! but change his dad's name?? they couldn't do that. Sure, they could change their own names, but Bill's name?
the brother theory is bothering me. I don't see why he would do that. What would be the point?

I believe that he is the son of Bill Vaughn and that the Vaughn was the families Alias. Does anyone remember that dream he had where he dug out his father's star??? Why would he have that dream if he wasn't Bill's son?

kromrell said:
The thing is he is not Michael he is Bill Vaughn.  I know Bill is much older but lets just talk about the flower from season 2.  Maybe he found some sort of fountain of youth.  I don't really believe this, I am just putting it out there.
[post="1357385"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
If so, why the crusade to "find himself"? <_< Is it just a matter of finding out who is behind the charade? Or is he working for those people and this is how he's to deliver the goods to them, but he has some sort of change of heart? (Gee, no matter how I look at this not-Vaughn thing, it doesn't gel well :o_O:)

he might be pretending to be his brother if he doesn't have a clean criminal sheet and his brother (possibly dead) did.

I like the idea of the other brother. That way all the Bill Vaughn
stuff would be real because BV is really his father.
Not really sure why he would have used his brother' first name but
if the whole thing was about finding out what happened to his father
then it wouldn't be such a bad thing. Yeah he lied about his name and
his agenda but at least he wouldn't be a bad guy working for the enemy.

Plus, if he only changed his first name then everyone could still call
him Vaughn and it wouldn't seem so weird. I just can't believe they
would totally change his name.

First time posting here but I've seen every episode of Alias and read this forum for awhile. Here's my take:

Just like Irina was part of a KGB program to pose as Laura in the States, Bill Vaughn was part of the same program, and possibly Michael was involved with the Project Christmas counterpart in Russia. Bill may have become a liability to the KGB for some reason, and thus Irina was ordered to kill him. After hearing of his death, Michael located Irina as posing as the wife of Jack Bristow. So, he travelled to the States and joined the CIA.

Michael then came up with a plot to reveal to Jack his wife's true identity. Naturally, Jack would then seek revenge for being lied to and kill Irina. Secretly, Vaughn is using Jack as a pawn to get his own revenge against her. In the meantime, Michael learns of Sydney. He probably decides to remain close to the Bristow family in case something goes wrong in the death of Irina (which obviously did). One thing led to another, and we have the character of Michael as he now is. He appears to have forgiven Irina for whatever reason, but she obviously would be aware of his "secrets" since they directly involve her and her connection to Bill Vaughn.

I'm sure Michael Vaughn's real name is Russian for the same reason "Laura Bristow" is actually "Irina Direvko." This doesn't change who he is or his loyalties, though, just as Jack has learned a name change and a little history doesn't change the fact he will always love his wife.

It's a great setup for the next season though, as we follow Sydney's path towards acceptance of Michael's background. Maybe we'll see them get married at the end of NEXT season instead :smiley:

(Then again, this is all 100% speculation is no doubt completely wrong)

good idea but Vaughn would only have been about 14 years old when Laura Bristow died. Vaughn was born in 1968 according his CIA file and "Laura" died in 1982.

Katie

the brother theory is bothering me. I don't see why he would do that. What would be the point?

I have a problem with this theory also. Wasn't Vaughn and Weiss in school together. He had to be Michael Vaughn then. I think he is really Bill Vaughn's son but I think Bill Vaughn (maybe a double agent for the KGB who decided to cross over allegiance to the CIA) had to take on an Alias to go into witness protection and Jack/Sloane, etc. that he worked with knew he took on this Alias and hence knew knew Michael Vaughn was his son. I really think Michael's purpose for becoming a CIA agent to find his father's murderer and find out more about his father's past, especially his being a Rambaldi follower. He found out that Irina(a KGB double agent) killed his father and that Jack Bristow was married to her (but under an Alias Laura). I think he probably did some shady things to find out that information. I think when he heard about Jack and Irina's daughter, Sydney Bristow, being a double agent for the CIA, he volunteered to be her handler in hopes of finding Irina. I don't think his quest in season 4 was the first time he had investigated his father's death.

Its a definite that Vaughn still feels that Irina killed his father and he told her that again in the final episode and Irina has never come right out and denied it. Maybe Irina was warning Vaughn that someone else had found out his true identity. Of course, Irina knew (BV was a KGB agent turned CIA, Rambaldi follower) and may have been given orders to kill him. She probably found out about MV's actions from Jack because I think Jack knew what Vaughn was doing and why he joined the CIA. He may have even helped him in some ways because he was interested in finding Irina, also. That's why Jack has always felt that Vaughn was not good enough for Syd. He knew what Vaughn had been up to and knew that he wasn't really MV. But along the way S/V fail in love. Vaughn, while he hadn't forgiven Irina, knew that Syd loved her mother and decided not to try harming her.

This is probably too simple for JJ so this probably isn't theway things will go. My brain is hurting too. Oh boy, the wait is going to be too much!

Back