VC Andrews

the heaven one is called Dark Angel.. it's SOOO good! you can't put it down!

flowers in the attic.. i still have to read that :P

Yeah they're the sort of books that you go through a phase of but don't really pick up again, know what I mean?

lol so am i, i read an article in a mag that has a quite from MV about his current relationship with Jg, i don't remember what exactly he said but, it basically said that they're still best friends and care a lot for each other :love: i love them!

i'm reading the 2 book of flowers in the attic, called petals on the wind, it's good so far :D

I am doing a big presentation on what is appropriate for young adult readers (aged 12-18) to be reading. We are discussing these books.

Our conclusion is that while they are probably considered inappropriate for teenagers, it is largely teenagers who read them.

I think adults often underestimate what teenagers are capable of understanding. After all, I had read just about all of these books by 13, and I don't have some weird sexual complex, and as far as I know I don't need counselling for the trauma! :lol:

lol that's hilarious Natalia weird sexual complex :rotflmao:, although i can see where they're coming from, the books are very provacitive and sometimes brash- i think my mom would have a heart attack if she knew what they were about :lol: :angelic: but i'm 15, so i think i'm old enough to read what i want :P

In response to who reads them... See, I agree that the sexual content is somewhat... uncomfortable, I guess. And it's true that teenagers shouldn't read them, but they are mostly read by teenagers.

And Tasha, if my Mum knew what was in half the books I read, I think she'd ban me from the library forever :lol: I can just imagine her... "She's talking about going out on a date with a boy? :shock: PUT THAT BOOK DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

Back