Sci-Fi Venomous Snake Encounter

caters

Ensign
I have gotten to a point in my story where some of the people in my civilization are starting to explore what the planet has in store for them. The humanoids in my civilization can handle any venomous bite and survive as long as they are not allergic to the venom. If they have a venom allergy, they won't survive depending on who bit or stung them but people not allergic to venom like my character Alma have no worries. Even multiple venomous bites is no problem for her no matter what the animal is that is biting her. She has been bit by venomous snakes when she was young and now she has a child that she adopted as a newborn from her mom and the child is now 5 years old, just now showing signs that she is female.

But I can imagine that for Alma who is not allergic to snake venom, she might stand her ground and get multiple bites until either the snake gives up or she backs off.

This would be pretty dramatic but I am not all that good at showing emotion in my writing. I will try, I really will try but I don't know if I can pull it off.

Back