vent/rave/cry/whatever

Well, to top it off, ive been sick this whole week and have missed like 7 test that i will have to make up as well as all of the work i missed! Also, I dunno has anyone quit somthing because you felt that it was what you were known for? Recently i quit competative swimming which is totally different than high school swimming its like really intense, anyways, appearently i was on my way or whatever to going to nationals but, according to everyone else, i threw it away. Does this make me selfish? i know people were counting on me, but I just wasnt happy! Anyone felt like this before?

CareyAli said:
Also, I dunno has anyone quit somthing because you felt that it was what you were known for? Recently i quit competative swimming which is totally different than high school swimming its like really intense, anyways, appearently i was on my way or whatever to going to nationals but, according to everyone else, i threw it away. Does this make me selfish? i know people were counting on me, but I just wasnt happy! Anyone felt like this before?
"I need to please myself more than I need to please anyone else. If I can't make myself happy, there's no way I'm going to make anyone else happy."-- LeAnn Rhimes.

It's sad that people are mad at you because you quit, but if you weren't happy then it's best that you quit. I said the same thing to one of my friends when they wanted to break up with their significant other (one of my bff's). He wasn't happy. She wasn't happy. He didn't want to hurt her, but if he hadn't broken up with her, they would have ended being hurt more. I haven't regretted it. The girl is now with this guy who is just so amazing towards her, and she just loves him. Don't regret stopping something if you're not happy with it.

Also, as to the topic, I hate pop-ups and I know that I wrote this in the last forum but I hate them. They're obnoxious. Congress should outlaw them or something. They're always getting in my way when I'm online. I also have all these math homeworks due. And I'm going to a party tonight and this one girl who I used to like but now try to avoid like a plague (because that's what she is) is going to be there and she's going to argue about EVERYTHING.

CareyAli said:
Well, to top it off, ive been sick this whole week and have missed like 7 test that i will have to make up as well as all of the work i missed! Also, I dunno has anyone quit somthing because you felt that it was what you were known for? Recently i quit competative swimming which is totally different than high school swimming its like really intense, anyways, appearently i was on my way or whatever to going to nationals but, according to everyone else, i threw it away. Does this make me selfish? i know people were counting on me, but I just wasnt happy! Anyone felt like this before?
i don't think you are selfish especially if it isn't a team sport...its all about you, if it really doesn't mean anything to you then you shouldn't be wasting your time, kind of like this year with me and track, i was the so called best distance runner (actually the only one :smiley: ) but a lot of people thought i was good and told me i should go out but i didn't know if i wanted too...well i talked to my coach yesterday and we worked something out so i guess i am going out for it now but yeah it is tough....

thanks you guys for being so supportive! I mean it wouldnt bother me as much if it was just like the coaches being upset with me, but having your friends seem dissappointed is hard. But, I am having a blast !! I havent been able to go on a date due to practice, but I got to go on my first one! yay!!!!

Last night I l went to see a play with my friend chuck, he works at a radio and station and got them for free so I went w/ him. He didn't even dress up. I was wearing this really cute new dress I got friday. Anyway, we met at a coffe shop and while there I ran into my really cute ski instructor. THe one i didn't get to have a lessons with on thursday night because before it i sprained my knee. Anyway it took the self control not to leave chuck and and go with my ski instuctor John. If it wasn't for the fact that i really wanted to see the play I might have.

pasta_sauce385 said:
CareyAli said:
i don't think you are selfish especially if it isn't a team sport...its all about you, if it really doesn't mean anything to you then you shouldn't be wasting your time, kind of like this year with me and track, i was the so called best distance runner (actually the only one :smiley: ) but a lot of people thought i was good and told me i should go out but i didn't know if i wanted too...well i talked to my coach yesterday and we worked something out so i guess i am going out for it now but yeah it is tough....
I know exactly what that's like. People say I'm the best distance runner too, and I've been going out for track too. I always went out because it was fun, but now it's like all my coaches care about me is pushing my so far it hurts to walk sometimes. I have massive shin splints, weak ankles, and horrible knee problems. It just keeps hurting more and more and it gets less fun and I don't even look forward to running anymore, and it used to be my favorite thing. So I'm thinking of quitting, it's hurts so much! I don' t know if it makes us selfish or not, but I don't really care. They made me run when I had the flu! (I also have this weird problem where I run too hard and I can't breathe right)

My BF just died from cancer! She was like an angel! I mean we were really close! Her life was taken short but she'll always be remembered!

bendgal and aliasgirl I am so sorry, im like rying, ( may just be the PMS but you know) I feel really badly, It makes me appriciate all the friends I have, I hope that you guys find comfort and you are in my prayers

My neighbors house was robbed last night and the man was in our back yard. He was caught thankfully but it was still creepy!

I'm glad he was caught.

I'm so mad at my one friend Matt!! I was telling him about Alias, and he was like, no, that show is stupid. It's bad...It's just...not right, you know? I started yelling at him, and then he goes, ok, I'll give you one thing, the chick is hot! I mean, you know what I mean, right? She is so f***ing hot!! I'm like, yeah and she could kick your ass!! So then he goes, well, that's one chick I wouldn't mind rolling around on the floor with, ya know?! Then he went into this big description about what he'd do to her and he doesn't even know her name!! That's so gross!! He's just like my dad...

okay this is going to sound stupid. I was home for springbreak last week anywasy. Whenever I am home and my mom has to go to work. If I am still in bed, which is how it normally is, she will kiss me on my forehead and I will unknowingly say I love you mommy while I am in my sleep. Yeah It's cute, but she said yeah it was fine, but she'll worry when i say some guy's name instead of her's. Well that is possible to happen at some point. It's scary to think that might happen my mom would hit the roof

My feet hurt. Someone broke my science fair project and I have to go to regionals tomorrow. BASEBALL ISN'T STARTING TILL APRIL!! ARGH!!!!!!!!! STUPID PEOPLE GRRR!!!

That felt good.

Back