~Vic's Auto Body~

A/N: I know, i come up with the craziest titles. But just like Joe's Bar & Grill, i plan to stick with this fic. I used this plot cause it was suggested by VaughnFan13 a very long time ago. I wanted to write it, just didn't get the time. So i'm starting it now. I don't think i really have to tell you where Vaughn works....lol. You'll find out soon enough if you can't figure it out.

~Luv ya'all (Enjoy!)
Kristina

vics-auto-body.gif

Part 1 ~ "The Truth About Mommy"
Part 2 ~ "Insomnia"
Part 3 ~ "The Talk" (same post as part 2)
Part 4 ~ "Michael The Mechanic"

~Vic’s Auto Body~
~Part 1~
~The Truth About Mommy~

Sydney Bristow cranked up the music that already blasted through the car stereo of her ‘67 mustang. The bass caused her mirrors to vibrate slightly as she exited the highway and drove another six miles to her hometown of Harrington, West Virginia.

It was spring break, and she was off for an entire week, no classes, no busy city traffic in Chicago. She planned on relaxing all she could in her parent’s recently remodeled Victorian house. It was located in one of the best areas; the money flowed through Harrington easily. It was occupied by doctors, lawyers, a few writers and some other famous retired people that Sydney didn’t give a shi* about.

She had left for UIC three years previous, and it was one of the hardest times, being away from her family wasn’t easy. And being alone in a strange new city was also very new to her back then. But she got used to it. She made new friends, and she became more independent, more self-reliant. She didn’t ask for her parents money, she tried to make it on her own, even if it meant rolling quarters to take the subway if her car was in the shop, which it was most of the time.

She turned down her music slightly as she rolled through her old neighborhood. She saw new faces among the people that occupied the town, and some old ones. The town was more modern than she remembered. Downtown Harrington made her feel all warm inside. Seeing people walk along the storefronts. The small antique shops, the pool hall, the bars, the small café’s. She definitely was going to have a hard time leaving again.

She turned at one of the stoplights and made her way through a few side streets before she finally got to her parents property. She hadn’t called them to warn them of her arrival. She thought it better to surprise them, she had missed last Christmas because of bad weather, and she knew that this would be a great surprise.

She turned her music off as she pulled up the long driveway and pulled up in front of the house, parking behind her mothers Volvo. She smiled slightly and turned off the engine of her vintage mustang. Her door squeaked as she opened it and she stepped out onto West Virginia soil for the first time since Thanksgiving. The smell of fresh flowers filled the air and she smiled as she looked around the well-preserved property. The grass was always freshly cut, the flowers were never wilted, the fountain in the middle of the driveway was always on, fresh water flowing from its spout.

Home sweet home.

She closed the drivers door and walked up to the front door of the house. She knocked a few times and waited for a few moments, anticipating someone to answer. When no one did she became confused.

That’s odd. Maybe they’re in the backyard.

She looked around the front porch and finally found what she was looking for. She walked over to the small angel statue that sat perched on the railing and lifted it up to find a dirty silver key underneath. She replaced the statue and wiped the dirt off the key as she walked back to the front door. She slipped the key into the lock and turned it slowly. The door unlocked and she turned the knob slightly as she pushed open the door.

“Hello?” She asked as she stuck her head through the door. She looked around for a moment and then entered. It was quiet. The only sound she heard were the birds chirping joyfully outside.

She closed the door softly behind her and set the key on the table near the door.

“Mom? Dad?” She asked as she stepped through the house. She looked into the kitchen and the living room, but no one was present. She made her way down the hall slowly, her car keys still in her hand.

“Hello?” She asked again.

She heard a scuffled voice coming from her fathers office that was located at the end of the hall. She made her way to the slightly ajar door and was about to enter when she heard her mothers voice.

“I understand the circumstances Vladimir, I don’t pretend not to. But this is Jack Bristow we are talking about. My husband is smart enough to figure out that we are keeping tabs on him. Just last week he questioned me when I ended up at the same shop downtown. I’m telling you, he had suspicions.”

Sydney heard another voice; she must have been talking to someone on speakerphone.

“We cannot risk him finding out the truth. It would be dangerous for our country. If Agent Bristow finds out about our investigation into his work, it will compromise everything, Irina.”

Irina? Who the hell is Irina?

“I understand, if there is anymore suspicion I will need to lie low for a period of time. I will contact you with further developments.”

“Very well. The foundation of this agency depends on the information of your husbands agency, we must not lose our ground.”

“Time is up. I must go.”

Sydney was frozen. She wondered what the hell she had just heard. Her mother’s name was Laura, not Irina. And what about Agencies? And countries? And suspicions? Sydney’s keys slipped out of her hand without her noticing and they fell to the hard wood floor with a jingling thump.

Before she had time to even think about picking up her keys, the dark oak door to the office opened and her mother popped out, a pistol pointed at Sydney’s chest.

Sydney’s mouth hung open slightly as she stared at her mother.

“Sydney!? What are you doing here?” Her mother asked as she lowered her gun.

“I…”

“How much did you hear?” Laura asked.

“Um…enough.” Sydney said.

Her mother sighed.

“Hell of a way to come home.” Sydney said as her eyes fell down towards the pistol her mother still held in her hand. “Something tells me this wasn’t a good surprise.”

“Sweetie…”

“I think I should go.” Sydney said as she leaned over and picked up her keys, her eyes never fell away from the pistol her mother yielded.

“No.” Laura said. “I must explain, you must understand.”

“Understand what?” Sydney asked. “You were talking to some dude named Vladimir about dad and some agencies, I think I got the picture, I wasn’t supposed to find out about this.”

“No, you weren’t.” Laura said. “But you have. So now I must tell you everything so you will understand the situation. Because now you are in the middle of this, you need to know how to behave.”

“Behave?” Sydney asked.

I should have went with Francie to Long Beach.

“Sydney, I work for the CIA.” Her mother told her.

“Uh-huh.” Sydney nodded in a trance.

“Almost twenty-three years ago I was sent to investigate your father.”

“Do I need to sit down for this?” Sydney asked with a raised eyebrow.

Laura sighed and took her daughters arm. She led her down the hall and took her into the back yard. She sat Sydney down on a lounge chair and then took a seat across from her.

“I was ordered to marry your father. He has ties to the KGB.”

“Dad? Dad works for the KGB?” Sydney asked. She still was in too much shock to believe what she was hearing.

“He used too. The KGB doesn’t exist anymore. He works for no one but himself now. I’ve been keeping an eye on his activities –”

“What kind of activities?” Sydney asked.

“The kind of activities the government is worried about.” Her mother told her. “That is all I can tell you, unfortunately.”

Sydney looked at her hands.

“You must promise me you will not act differently around your father.” Laura said. “I mean it Sydney.”

Sydney looked up at her mother. “Of course.” Sydney said. “Why did that man call you Irina?” Sydney asked in confusion.

“Irina is my birth name. Laura is simply a precautionary alias.” Laura said. “Disregard the name.”

“Right. So you and dad are enemy spies to each other and you’ve been investigating him this whole time right under my nose? This is going to be one messed up spring break. Can I just pretend this never happened?” Sydney asked. “Can you make me forget, like hypnotize me or something?”

“I’m afraid you must live with the truth.” Laura said. “This will be a burden, and I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, um…wow…”

“Are you okay?” her mother asked.

“Yeah, just…you’re not kidding are you?” Sydney asked looking into her mother’s eyes. Laura stared at her with all seriousness, and she knew her mother to be a very lighthearted person. “Didn’t think so.” Sydney said. She stood up.

“I’m gonna go get my bags from the car then.”

Laura also stood up and followed Sydney back into the house.

“Did you have a safe trip?” She asked.

“Yeah, but my car is acting up again.” Sydney said. What her mother had just shared with her was still running rampid through her mind.

This is sooooo f***in’ messed up.

“Sydney, don’t use that language. Ladies don’t talk like that.” Laura said.

“Oh…did I say that out loud?” Sydney asked. “Sorry.” She said as she walked out the front door.

“What has Chicago done to you?” Laura asked jokingly.

“A lot of things.” Sydney said as she walked to the back of her car. Her mother stopped and took in the sight of her daughters vehicle.

“What in gods name…Sydney, is this even safe to drive?” Laura asked as she kicked the rusty wheel.

“It gets me around.” Sydney said. She inserted the key into the lock on the trunk and pounded down on the edge of it in order to make it pop open. Sydney smiled slightly as she pulled her duffle bag and suitcase out of the trunk and dropped them on the driveway.

“I think I’m going to have to talk to your father about getting you a new car.” Laura said as she helped Sydney with her bags. It took Sydney a few tries to get her trunk to stay shut.

“I love my car, it just needs a little work here and there.” Sydney said.

“A little?” Laura asked.

“Quiet.” Sydney said as she picked up her suitcase. “No talk about how stubborn I am this week, I just want to relax and enjoy home. School’s been so hectic lately. I’m just glad to be home. Although, I could have gone without the whole gun in the face thing.”

“I’m sorry.” Her mother told her. “I wasn’t aware you’d be visiting this spring.”

“Yeah, next time I’ll make sure to call, believe me.”

Kristina, I love this! It's so wonderful and original. And now I'm wondering if Irina is telling the truth or not. I just love this so much!!!
It's wonderful, so wonderful and awesome. That's like all i can say right now. :lol:
Thanks for the PM, it's just wow and wonderful.
Please keep me on the PM list and update soon! it's so wonderful.

Your 🐒,
Riley xoxo

i love it. the fact that Jack's the bad guy is very cool. Syd took all of that surprizingly well, considering. Syd needs work done on her car? gee, i wonder who's gonna fix it for her? hmmmm(?).... i bet its Eric. lol.
great update. thanks 4 the pm.
~kaitlyn

So Vaughn's a mechanic? Is that how it's gonna work out?? :P Ohhh, does he fix cars with his shirt off? :lol: I'm intrigued. Great start! PM me with you update, please! ^_^

wow...thats a hell of a thing to come home to. so is Irina the "good" one is this story, really? shes the one that works for the CIA and Jack is the suspicious one? im thinking i should get that cleared up right away. wow, just, wow. i can't imagine coming home and having my mother point a gun at me... anyway, this is tres intriguing, so please PM me. as you know, im addicted to Joe's, so another fic can't hurt :D just don't get me addicted to this one too quickly - its finals week. but after thursday im all yours to throw crazy plot twists at...and some hot Vaughn :D ok, im insane...great job Kristina! everything you write is so easy to read that when it ends im unsettled. thats supposed to be a compliment. im gonna stop rambling and go work on my english project. have a good day :D

Britt

You already know I am a huge fan of your fics. I will gladly read anything you write. Plus you live just 2 hours away from me in Chicago, so that is kewl. Keep up the great writing. My husband and I had a bon fire last night, and I told him all about Joe's Bar and Grill. He was impressed with your storyline. He also thinks Alias is an awesome show, he has come to accept my Alias addiction, but now he is even hearing about fan fictions!!! Hilarious. Anyhoo, thanks for the pm, I already love this new story. Can't wait til' she meets Vaughn!!

:starwars: :clap: :kicking: 🍦 :happydance: :coolio:

emotionalrescue said:
You already know I am a huge fan of your fics.  I will gladly read anything you write.  Plus you live just 2 hours away from me in Chicago, so that is kewl.  Keep up the great writing.  My husband and I had a bon fire last night, and I told him all about Joe's Bar and Grill.  He was impressed with your storyline.  He also thinks Alias is an awesome show, he has come to accept my Alias addiction, but now he is even hearing about fan fictions!!!  Hilarious.  Anyhoo, thanks for the pm, I already love this new story.  Can't wait til' she meets Vaughn!!

:starwars:  :clap:  :kicking:  🍦  :happydance:  :coolio:
[post="1351421"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

haha...that's freakin' awesome. Awesome too have another alias fan in the same area too!

You guy's totally made my sunday! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone have a great night!
~Kristina

wow now that's a really interesting twist on things
jack is KGB irina is CIA...
I LOVE IT
pm please :D

btw: five bucks says michael vaughn works at vics auto body where she goes to get her car fixed ;)

So much drama happening just in the first chapter!! i totally love this, it seems like a great plot and will go far. PLEASE PLEASE pm me!!! awesome start!!!

Interesting start. I'm sure if it's anything like your writing in Joe's, this'll be brilliant to.

Please continue to PM me

Thanks for the PM