~Vic's Auto Body~

ohh can i get a PM for this hummm cant wait to see vaughn added in here. and irina is annoying lol but i love this jack hes awsome! ~lizzy

Can I get a PM when you update please? This story is great so far. Jack crack's me up! I'm still trying to process Irina as good and Jack as bad...I'll keep working on that.

Linnette

ohhhhhhh!! PM ME RIGHT AWAY!

Sorry, i'm just catching up on pm's and i found this one..yaya!!!!!

lol

love the story line so far, a little whack..but nothin were not used to!

thanks

Kels

A/N: Sorry for the wait. I know it totally damages the responses i get when i wait to update forever, cause then you guy's forget what's happened in the previous chaps. So again, sorry.

~Part 4~
~Michael The Mechanic~

It was only late march, yet the heat was almost unbearable. It was an odd day out of the week. Harrington had been getting rained on the week previous, and now all of a sudden everything was beautiful, except for the hideous and torturous temperature.

Michael Vaughn had lived in Harrington his entire life, until he moved away to attend college. He had been accepted to a university in Maryland. He planned on becoming a lawyer, but soon gave up those dreams for two reasons. One, he realized he didn’t want to spend his life arguing for other people that couldn’t. And two, his mother had been diagnosed with breast cancer during his second year.

His father had called him at night after one of his basketball games. At first William Vaughn was reluctant to tell his son the horrible news over the phone, but he soon caved under his sons pleads.

Upon learning the news, Vaughn immediately flew home to be with his family, and that’s when the doctors told them.

“A few weeks sooner and you might have made it through.”

It was the worst day of his life. Finding out his mother didn’t have long. He refused to go back to Maryland, despite his mother’s concern for his education. He dropped out of college soon after and moved back home permanently. Three months later, after weeks of chemo and other types of therapy, his mother passed in her sleep.

It was hard for his father especially. Vaughn could see the deep sadness and void left by his mother’s passing. It still hurt him too. He had his bad mornings; ones where he didn’t want to get out of bed. He woke up crying once after having a dream about her one time late at night. He was a man of faith. He believed she was watching over him now, and that was enough to make him keep going.

It had been almost two months since the Vaughn family had lost one of their own. Two months.

A week later he went out into town to look for work, and his father’s old friend hooked him up with a job as a mechanic. Vaughn had always been good with cars. His father had an old Porsche that he loved dearly, and when he was a boy the only way he’d pay attention is if something had four wheels and an engine.

He pulled most of the weight at Vic’s Auto Body. He worked mostly on actually fixing the cars, and the others worked on making the outside look better. His work didn’t show, theirs did.

His deep thoughts were interrupted by a soft female voice. He’d been working under the hood of a car, loosening a bolt with his wrench. But when she spoke he was startled, he dropped his tool and it fell through the engine compartment and tumbled down to the floor, making an annoying clinging sound when it hit the concrete.

“I’m sorry.” She immediately apologized when she noticed she had disrupted him.

He pulled his dirty red rag out of his pocket and wiped at his greasy hands. He turned around and watched as the young woman started to walk away.

“Wait.” He said. Her steps stopped and she quickly turned around to face him as if she were expecting something.

God damn…

He felt his throat tighten up and his mouth grew dry. He’d never seen her face before, but he wish he had.

“Did uh…did you need something?” He asked. He ran his finger under his nose quickly, one of his many nervous habits.

“I’m sorry, there was no one in the office and I thought…I didn’t mean to startle you. I need to make an appointment to have my car looked at. I was told to talk to Michael.” She said.

“I’m Michael.” He told her.

“You’re Michael?” She asked in a bit of disbelief.

“Yeah, why?” He asked curiously.

“Nothing…I just thought…. I thought that you’d be older.” She said.

He nodded slightly, accepting her reason. “Well, I can get someone older if you’d like, but I assure you, my age doesn’t reflect my intelligence or my ability to fix cars.”

She smiled a toothy grin. “My father recommended you, so I think I’ll trust your word today.”

“And who might your father be?” He asked.

“Jack Bristow.”

He laughed. “I probably should have known.” He said as he stuffed his rag in his pocket. “Come on into the office.” He said as he walked toward the front of the shop. He led her through a door and walked behind the desk that was in the front waiting area. He took out a slip and took a pen from his pocket.

“Alright, what’s your name?” He asked as he wrote a few things on the paper.

“Sydney.” She said.

She watched his left hand as he carefully wrote her information in the appropriate boxes. Her eyes moved up his arm and to his face.

“Model?” He asked.

She snapped out of her own thoughts as he asked her another question.

“Excuse me?” She asked.

He smiled. “The model of the car?”

“Oh! Uh… ’67 Ford Mustang.” She told him. “Sorry.”

“It’s alright.” He said. He wrote down a few more things as she continued to watch him.

“What did you mean, when I mentioned my father? You said you should have known.”

He raised and eyebrow and glanced up at her with a soft smile. “Your father brags about you.” He told her.

“Oh.”

“In a non-annoying way.” He added.

She looked down at the bright pink flip-flops on her feet as her cheeks turned a soft shade of red. It was barley noticeable, but he could see her glowing.

He smiled and ripped the paper he had been writing on. He slid a yellow copy over the counter for her to keep.

“That’s your copy. I’m booked tomorrow. How soon do you need this done?” He asked as he looked at the calendar.

“I’m here for the week.” She said.

“Spring break?” He asked. She nodded in conformation. “Alright, um…can you come in tomorrow at about seven?”

“At night?”

“In the morning, it’s the only time I can squeeze you in, it’s before I even start working for the day. Otherwise Vic will be on my a** about getting behind schedule. And he usually has a hangover, so he’s not the best person to deal with in the morning.” He said.

“I don’t want to be an inconvenience to you…”

“You won’t. You aren’t.” He assured.

She smiled. “Seven will be fine then.”

“Alright.”

She stood there as he put his pen back in his pocket He looked back up at her.

“Anything else?” He asked.

She shook her head softly and smiled. “No, that’s all.” She said, she began to turn around. “Oh, um…” She turned back to him. “Actually, I need new tires, is there anyway you could…”

“I’ll look some up for you before I leave for the day.” He told her.

“Thanks.” She told him. She gave him a small smile before turning around and walking out of the office. He watched her from behind the desk as she got into an apple red Corvette and drove away.

He sighed to himself. He was starting feel overwhelmed with all the work he had, on top of it he had to research tires for her, which would probably happen on his lunch break or his time off.

He wiped his face with his rag again before heading out into the unair-conditioned shop. He took off his shirt and threw it on one of the oil barrels on the side as he got back to work.

He couldn’t help but thinking that he could be on spring break too right now, basking in the Miami sun with his buddies from basketball and track. Fate played him, and he lost.

It was the worst day of his life.  Finding out his mother didn’t have long.  He refused to go back to Maryland, despite his mother’s concern for his education.  He dropped out of college soon after and moved back home permanently.  Three months later, after weeks of chemo and other types of therapy, his mother passed in her sleep.
No Mommy!Vaughn :cry: Awww.. and Poor Vaughnnie.

He wiped his face with his rag again before heading out into the unair-conditioned shop.  He took off his shirt and threw it on one of the oil barrels on the side as he got back to work.
:thud: Michael the mechanic shirtless. God Damn!! 🤤

:P Great Chapter, Kristina. I absolutely loved it. Can't wait for more.

(y)

Vaughn working on cars with his shirt off. :thud: Now that's a fantastic thought. :lol: Definitely one I'd like to see played out on Alias. :P I had to go back to the last chapter to see what happened so I wouldn't be lost on this one. But, I'm glad you updated cause this fic is a good one. Syd only in town for a week? Maybe Vaughn will make her stay. ;) Great job on the update and thanks for the pm!

Too bad Michael's Mom passed away. He dropped out of Maryland? That is too bad. Works out for the best since he met Syd. She is going to like him isn't she? She needs to see Michael with out his shirt on. Thanks for that by the way!
Thanks for the PM