Victor at the "It's Always Something" Variety Show

Fgina, what a great idea about getting Gilda's book. I will have to see if I can't find a copy.

Interesting that like ALNM, there were no show related items on sale. I would think that as an extra fundraiser they could sell a copy of her book.

For all interested this is just a reminder that this was the 3rd annual show.
I don't know if VG was schedualed to be at the 1st one, but he was suppose to be their last year, so there is a good chance he will be there next year.

Also, for those interested, even if VG is not going to be there, it was an excellant show.

actually, he was scheduled to be at the first two, which was why Shannon went to the first one and was reluctant to go to this one just in case he dropped out again.
i found this amazing picture in the arts and entertainment section of the globe and mail this morning. unfortunately the quality isn't the best when it's scanned, but it's still droolworthy. here we are :smiley:
victorericsinging.jpg

Barbara

Thanks for the picture Barbara and the advice on how to post my pics.

Filmlover, it was an amazing performance. Especially that moment, which an I sure is the reason the paper chose to use that particular pose.

I can honestly say I remember that exact moment. You could see that Victor was really into the emotions of the song. It was great.

toria

Yeah, even in the picture, you can see the emotion on Victor's face. That song probably brought back alot of memories from the play and the movie.

:woot: Thanks for posting your autographed S2 dvds ^_^ Wow, that is great! Except for Jack being reversed -_-

Did anyone else notice this or am I examining too much :blink:

Seems Eric and Victor are somewhat dressed like their characters. David Haskell was wearing jeans and a jacket and that striped shirt Eric is wearing could pass for 70's.

Victor we all know was wearing striped pants and since brown is utterly hideous, he has been dressed in blue stripes with a little bit of brown on also striped tie, to make it 70's. So they are both 'in character'

At first I didn't like the tie but it grew on me. Too busy with Victor's gorgeous face. Distracts from the gorgeousness :throb: I got used to it though. He usually wears plain colours or ones that have a small print so it's not so busy :o_O:

Toria, thanks for sharing your autographed S2 dvd. I always thought S2 cover was the best, because Victor is on it. I still think S3 should have been Syd and Jack on the cover, but I digress. Ok, must go work on school paper.

GC Girl said:
Hi everyone!  I'm openning this topic to talk about Victor's upcoming apppearance at the "It's Always Something" Variety show on November 8th in Toronto CANADA.  I'm going to be there with bells on my toes!!!  Plus me and other will have the opportunity to meet Mr. Garber after the show!!!  :D  I can't wait!!!  :happydance:

Toria55 & jacksbabe from SD-1.net - please PM me, I can't reach either of you.  I've made dinner reservations for us on Monday and I will give you both details!

Thanks!
[post="1053823"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I missed it! ARGHHHHH!!!!! I saw it on City TV 10 minutes before the show started!

quote=Victor Is Delicious,Nov 14 2004, 12:26 PM
:woot: Thanks for posting your autographed S2 dvds  ^_^ Wow, that is great! Except for Jack being reversed  -_-

Did anyone else notice this or am I examining too much  :blink:
I think it was noticed by most people. I remember prior discussions about it.

Seems Eric and Victor are somewhat dressed like their characters. David Haskell was wearing jeans and a jacket and that striped shirt Eric is wearing could pass for 70's.
Not really. Victor was in a suit. I'm pretty sure it is the same suit he wore all night. Eric, while hosting, for some unknown reason, did change a few times. I guess that is what MC's do?

I don't think Eric's outfit was intended to mimic a costume from Godspell.

Cherie, you were originally talking about the pics from the newspaper article, weren't you?

Victor was wearing his suit, not a costume. Eric was also just wearing a suit that was just intended to be a change of clothing as part of his MC duties. Neither outfit was gave the impression of anything worn in Godspell, but I can see how you might think so because of Eric's shirt.

Or maybe I'm missing what you were referring to, altogether.

:woot: London!!! :D Thankyou ^_^ Someday I'll see that for real :smiley: Does this mean your photos worked? ;) That is weird seeing French on the sign :blink: I'm not used to associating that with Canada.

Ok forget I said anything about the clothes :asleep:

Our Canadian's can better explain why their signs are bi-lingual, but I believe its all tied in Montreal. They are mainly French speaking so in order to accommodate their needs things are written in both languages.

As far as my pictures, these are the only ones from the after show that turned out. But, I did get some nice ones of the show.

None of this posting has been easy, so I'm off to work on the show pictures. Maybe I can get them up tonight, but I am not guaranting anything.

Star1.jpg
This is when he was being interviewed by StarTV (?). There was a very large camera light being shined on him, which accounts for why he looks over heated.

It was a very long interview.

It was after the interview that he wiped his face.
Star2.jpg

You can see that in addition to being crowded by the inteviewers, he was also standing in the middle of wall-to-wall people.

We had a good view of all of this because we were standing on a staircase. We had an excellant view.

The man in the picture is the body guard.

I think the white object, on the right hand side of the picture, is the camera light.

oooh pictures! i'm so excited!
London!!!  Thankyou  Someday I'll see that for real  Does this mean your photos worked?  That is weird seeing French on the sign  I'm not used to associating that with Canada.
lol. absolutely everything here is bilingual. most signs, and everything else are in english but are also written underneath in French. i think almost all Canadians, that have grown up here anyway, speak a bit of both. we're an official bilingual country.
yeah that white thing on the right hand side is the camera. looking forward to seeing some pictures on stage :woot:
Barbara

I finally got the hang of scanning and Photobucket. Thanks for your help Barbara.

I lost count of how many times my computer froze up, while trying to do all this. But in the end it was worth it. Again, because the pictures were taken from a distance they are a blurred, but you get the idea of what was going on.

I did not take a picture when Victor was singing by himself because it was a very lovely song and I didn't want to disturb anything with the flash. Plus, I didn’t know how many pictures were left on the roll and it would have been very embarrassing to have the camera rewind itself while he was singing. I did end up taking the rest of the roll during the curtain call, but the noise of the rewinding camera was hidden by the loud singing.

As far as taking pictures, they never make an announcement that pictures could not be taken. Before the intermission people were taking pictures. It was obvious that pictures were being taken and after the intermission no made the no picture announcement, so I assumed it was ok.

So here is the last of my pictures…
Interviewwhenfirstonstage.jpg

This when he first came on stage. He and Eric shared a few words. One thing I remember is that Eric said he couldn't make it the other years because he was too busy. Victor said, a little sarcastically "Oh yes, I've been busy." Then he stopped and realized that in fact he has been busy and add, "Well actually, I have been busy." Neither of those are exact quotes, but you get the idea.

Singing.jpg

Another picture of Victor and Eric singing together.

Back