Victor at the "It's Always Something" Variety Show

Well, your story is just so much more interesting than mine!!!!

I met him while you guys were doing your rounds. My friend and I wandered into the lower lounge area......and there he was! We walked over there, and I was so nervous......I've had a crush on the man for something like 15 years (yes, I was in high school at the time it started!!!). He was with the ever present security guy.....and an older woman was talking to him, and then she had her friend come over and take a picture. My friend was prodding me to go and ask him for a picture, and thank God she did. When the older woman left, I walked up to him, asked for a picture, he said sure, and so my friend took a picture of us. Then I told him that his performance was amazing. He said thanks, and that was it! But he was wide open for conversation after that.....no one was around him, waiting to get a chance to talk to him. But I couldn't think of anything else to say! I was shaking while my friend took that picture...I just couldn't believe I was standing right beside him, and he had his hand on my back and I had my hand on his back!

I will live with this wonderful memory forever!!!! God, I sound like I'm still in high school!!!

jacksbabe-you're allowed to sound like you're in high school where Victor is concerned!! I promise, I would be the same way if I got within a hundred miles of Victor, much less touching him!!!! I'm sure he was impressed with your restraint. Looking forward to your pictures!

Yes, you are definitely allowed to sound like a high schooler where Victor is concerned. Oh man, that is so great that you got your picture taken with him!

YEah, it was probably very tiring night for Victor.

Can't wait to see the pictures and read more posts.

What can I say except that this show was everything I could hope for. It was money well spend. It was the best show I've seen. And I didn't sleep until the early hours of the wee morning. Thank God I had the foresight to take today off from work! Well, Barbara, Toria and I did meet up for dinner in Toronto. We had a very nice social visit, getting to know each other. And then...off to the show! We went to the pre-show cocktails, but I was too excited to drink anything. We looked around, but no Victor in site. So shortly before the show began, we took our seats. Our first moment of excitement came when we found Victor's picture in the program. Sigh, gorgeous picture. But it was scanning the credits in the program that got our biggest thrill. Barbara found the credit for the person who choreographed the "All For The Best" number. I was ecstatic! I had seen Eric McCormack sing this song two years ago and now I would see him sing and dance it with Victor Garber!!! Victor reprising his Jesus role in Godspell for this song!!! I was a very happy camper.

Toria was further back in the orchestra on Stage Right. Barbara and I were up closer on Stage Left. Now, when I went to the show 2 years ago, the actors took over the box seats to watch the show, so I advised everyone to watch those seats. My experience paid off because...

S - Barb! Look to your left! By the box seats on the second floor!

B - Oh My God! Is it? C'mon, turn around and...

It was HIM. :woot: Victor Garber. :love: He was up on the second floor but practically parallel to us. All the money I paid for the tickets were instantly worth it.

B - OH MY GOD! :love: (waves at Victor)

Now, try watching anything with THAT kind of distraction. Of course, I knew the whole bit before Victor's act would be a write off as we wouldn't be watching the show as much as we would be WATCHING Victor watching the show. Much more entertaining. So we spend the first act watching Victor a lot and a little of the first act, unless it was Eric McCormack on stage in which case Barbara and I were nearly getting whiplash from watching Eric McCormack on stage and then watching Victor from his seat. Barbara was like a big kid in a candy store and I'm sure I had a big smile plastered on my face the whole time. So we pretty much spend the first act watching Victor smile, watching Victor laugh, watching Victor lean forward in his seat and hold onto the brass railing in front of him with his right hand (His hand!!!!). Victor chatting with others. Victor stroking his chin. Ummmm, oh yeah, the first act of the show was good too, but I was very distracted. (Gee, wonder why?)

During the intermission, we had a funny moment when we found Toria and friend. Toria didn't see Victor in his seat so she was a tiny bit disappointed. But then Barbara told her about the "All For The Best" credit. Toria yells "WHAT!" and everyone in the lobby turned around to look at us. Whoops! :blush:

Back to the show! Eric of course was brilliant as MC and the entertainment was very good. Then, we see Eric come out in a slightly more casual look and I KNEW! Eric introduced Victor by telling a story about when he was younger, his family would go to dinner at a place called Honest Ed's. Ed (Mirvish) is a very big theatre guy so he had pictures of many of the shows in Toronto all over his restaurant. And the Godspell picture with Victor and company was located by the men's washroom. Eric joked that his parents must have thought there was something wrong with his bladder as he was always going to the washroom just so he can look at this picture. Flash forward to years later in California where Eric was in a gym working out on a treadmill and realizing that Victor Garber was right beside him! "I have to introduce myself to him!" Eric revealed. Then as Victor was done his workout and was walking away, Eric decided to make his move. Unfortunately, he didn't turn off the treadmill first and went flying on his face! Thus, Victor's first impression of Eric! And then the big moment!!! Eric introduces Victor Garber to the audience. Barbara and I were swooning! And of course Barbara has to yell out "VICTOR!!!" Ah to be young! So there was Victor in a navy Hugo Boss pinstripe suit looking gorgeous. Mind you he could have been wearing a potato sack and I still would have thought he was yummy.

So Victor is talking onstage with Eric and joking about the Godspell photo. In the picture, the Godspell cast surrounds Victor while Victor is standing on some kind of platform, sticking his butt out towards the camera. What does Victor do but to mimic the pose he did years ago and stick his butt towards us! :stretcher: Sorry, had a moment there, I'm fine. Anyways Victor was joking that that picture of him was still floating around and why didn't someone burn it? (Ummm because his butt is awesome maybe?). Then Eric and Victor broke into song "All For The Best". Victor assumed his Jesus part while Eric sang the other part. Then they started dancing as they were singing! Singing and dancing Victor! Oh the joy! Oh the wonderfulness! After the song, Eric left the stage and we were left with just Victor. Just the way we like it! Victor was a little out of breath from singing and dancing, so he began talking about Gilda and Gilda's Club and that Sunday night was the first time he had a chance to see the club and he felt as if it was him being back in Gilda's place when she was alive. All the love and warmth. He joked with us that he still couldn't catch his breath so he then sang a song he introduced as a ballad by Stephen Sondheim. It was "No One Is Alone" from Into The Woods. I just floated on the power of his voice. It was amazing. I got shivers up and down my spine.

Victor later came back at the end of the show when the whole cast sang "Day By Day". He was standing beside 2 girls from the Hairspray cast whose microphone wasn't working so, gentlemen that he is, he would hold his mic to them so they could sing and be heard. AAWWWWWWWW! What a guy!

OK, I need a break. I'll post the second half of my recollections of the night soon.

shannon, thanks for your post! I can't wait to read the rest. Oh man, Victor sticking his butt out, man to see that! I would love to see that picture.

Doesn't surprise me that Victor is such a gentleman, letting those ladies use his microphone.

Man, I bet Eric and Victor were great singing and dancing together.

Shannon
Thankyou so much for the review :chocolatekiss: Sounds like the ticket was worth it alone for Victor's butt :stretcher: everything else was a bonus :lol: His behind sure has aged well, it looks better than Godspell :blush: I need to watch Godspell today :D Of course I'm not looking for ass :rolleyes: I need to watch S3 bits again, lots of *ahem* there :whistle: :angelic:

jacksbabe
Thankyou for your review of your meeting :blowakiss: How exciting for you to finally meet Victor :woot: This has been the year for meeting him. It's fantastic that so many boardie's have that opportunity (y) As for the nervousness, I sympathise ^_^ Meeting him seems so dreamlike it's weird that we do get nervous -_- Then again he is the sexiest man alive and IMO a talent like we've never seen before. It's like discovering gold, seeing him do his thing on stage, tv or only hear him. He really is a treasure which we have had the opportunity of experiencing :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: And no explaining can give someone the feeling you get when meeting Victor Garber :woot: :throb:

That picture of him is gorgeous :love: Hope yours turn our Barbara! You must feel so tired or are you still on a Victor high? :smiley:

so he signed something for Toria and then she mentioned that'd she'd seen him in ALNM! and he was like no... really? and i was like OH! All of the girls who were at ALNM say hello! and Toria said that she was part of the group of 14 that went... i don't really remember what else happened there, Toria can refresh.
I handed him my S2 cover to sign and while signing it I told him that I saw him in ALNM. He looked up at me and in his ALNM backstage voice said, "Really."

Then I told him I was with the group of 14 that meant him after the show. Again, in his ALNM backstage voice, and with complete sincerity, he said, "I remember that." Then Barbara said, "Oh yea, everyone from the boards (or the play?) said hi."

i don't really remember what else happened there, Toria can refresh.
Something happened after I made eye contact with the man? I thought the room went dark and we all woke up from a very nice dream.

BTW, if anyone (and you know who are) cares, I didn't forget to look at his hands, a lot.

I just got home and have some things to do, but I'll be back with more later.

toria55 said:
I handed him my S2 cover to sign and while signing it I told him that I saw him in ALNM. He looked up at me and in his ALNM backstage voice said, "Really." 

Then I told him I was with the group of 14 that meant him after  the show.  Again, in his ALNM backstage voice, and with complete sincerity, he said, "I remember that."   Then Barbara said, "Oh yea, everyone from the boards (or the play?) said hi."
[post="1059394"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:blink: He remembers! I'm suprised ^_^ Then again 14 drooling women :angelic: Love the backstage voice ;)

Something happened after I made eye contact with the man?  I thought the room went dark and we all woke up from a very nice dream.
ROTFLMAO :lol: Gone AGAIN? I thought the second time around you would be reliable :rolleyes:

BTW, if anyone (and you know who are) cares, I didn't forget to look at his hands, a lot.
Raises hand :whistle: Mission accomplished. How much did it cost you? :P

Thanks for the report :kiss: Sounds like you had fun :D

okay i've got a big treat for everyone... PICTURES!!!!!!!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
mine didn't turn out as nice as i had hoped, as i predicted Victor's smile dropped off a bit after the figuring out the camera fiasco, but it still turned out! Shannon's on the other hand turned out gorgeous! Check out that height difference on me and Victor and Victor and Shannon :lol:
ENJOY! more to come!!!
MeVictor2b.jpg

victorshannonb.jpg

Barbara

P.S. Toria, you scared me when you said that it might not turn out, thankfully it did! Thank you so much for the great pic! :D

Gorgeous :throb: And the man too ;) He looks very happy to be posing with you both :smiley:

Ok is he wearing contacts because his eyes aren't red or is he :super:? :lol: :thinking: I don't know much about contacts :confused:

WHAT!?!?!?!? so loud people all around us are turning around.. it was hilarious.
Guilty as charged. I sounded just like a teenage girl. I think I embarrassed Barbara, as she politely said, "Shhh."

I remembered Shannon’s advice and would occasionally look up at the box seats (that were stage left), as we were sitting stage right, but no one ever sat there.

Victor was sitting in the stage right box seats which Della and I were sitting next too, but we were too much to the side to be able to see anyone who may have been sitting in the seats.

Will return with more.

ETA: Just saw the pictures - needless to say, they are great!!!!

ETAA: Hey - I took that picture of Barbara!! It turned out. I was afraid the pic was going to turn out with heads cut off. Mr. Annoying Bodygaurd didn't give us much time to do anything. Victor on the other hand, was just as patient as you you know he can be. He didn't care how many pictures were taken or authographs he signed.

ETAAA:
P.S. Toria, you scared me when you said that it might not turn out, thankfully it did! Thank you so much for the great pic!
See above comments. I really had no idea if I got the picture centered at all. I'm so glad it did, especially after I realized that was the pic I took.

Guilty as charged. I sounded just like a teenage girl. I think I embarrassed Barbara, as she politely said, "Shhh."
did i? lol... doesn't sound like me... the person screaming victor. hehe. maybe it was one of the other girls? or else my brain was just frozen cause well actually most of the night is a blur.
more pics :P back shots :lol:
victorassb.jpg

victorsweatb.jpg

Barbara

Those pictures are great! Victor looks so handsome :blush: Barbara and Shannon look lovely as well. So glad all of you had a great time.

Victor has such gorgeous eyes.

Yay!! More pics!! ON the last pic, his hair looks sweated down in the back.

*squeeling with girlie claps*
Those pictures are GREAT Barbara! Everybody looks so happy! Please tell me that you at least thought about grabbing his butt since you were so close!!??
(And I wonder why I don't get out much!)

Back