Victor Garber to appear in ABC ltd series Empire

V

verdantheart

The April 30, 2004 Entertainment Weekly article reporting on the dueling Rome/Octavian (Augustus Caesar) projects from HBO and ABC, Rome and Empire respectively, mentions that Victor Garber will appear as "Caesar" (I'm assuming this means "Julius") in the Zadan/Meron-produced Empire.
;) ✌️

I saw that too! :woot: I've never pictured Victor Garber in that kind of movie, but now that I think about it, he does kind of have that noble "Roman" look to him, doesn't he? I wonder if he'll wear a toga? :lol:

Doesn't he have to? :confused: I suppose it could be the longer "statesman"-type robes, though . . .
✌️

I am disappointed that this is going to be on cable but eventually it probaby be on public television or the library for I like Roman and Greek shows. I like the "I Claudius" series that was done in the seventies it had Patrick Stewart on it with hair when he was in his forties!

I am sure Victor Garber will give a superior performance! ;) :smiley:

Enjoy your day and evening! :D

Lynne

verdantheart said:
The April 30, 2004 Entertainment Weekly article reporting on the dueling Rome/Octavian (Augustus Caesar) projects from HBO and ABC, Rome and Empire respectively, mentions that Victor Garber will appear as "Caesar" (I'm assuming this means "Julius") in the Zadan/Meron-produced Empire.
;) ✌️
Maybe they mean that Victor Garber is playing Augustus Caesar not Julius Caesar! Augustus was his nephew and heir! :smiley:

Actually I think Augustus Caesar would be a bigger and more entertaining role for Victor Garber than Julius Caesar and so much has been done with the Julius Caesar that it would be more interesting to have more on Augustus! :smiley:

Lynne

Lynne said:
Maybe they mean that Victor Garber is playing Augustus Caesar not Julius Caesar!  Augustus was his nephew and heir!  :smiley:
The story is about the rise of Octavius/Augustus (at whict time he was quite young), so they would need to cast a younger actor for that role. Plus, I don't think that Mr Garber's commitment to Alias would have allowed such as substantial role on even an 8-part series. Julius Caesar would only stay for a brief time before being assassinated, so I expect that is the role he's cast in.
;) ✌️

zap2it article:

ABC Renders 'Empire' Role Unto Garber
(Monday, April 26 03:23 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Victor Garber rules.

That's not a statement of preference so much as a description of his next role -- as Julius Caesar in the ABC's ancient-Rome series "Empire."

Garber, who stars in "Alias" as CIA Agent Jack Bristow, will have a recurring role as the Roman emperor in the limited series, which recently began production in Rome. Jonathan Cake ("The American Embassy"), Santiago Cabrera, Sting's wife Trudie Styler ("Me Without You") and Fiona Shaw (the "Harry Potter" movies) have also joined the cast.

"Empire" centers on the fictional character Tyrannus (Cake), Caesar's bodyguard and confidant. When Brutus (James Frain) and fellow senators assassinate Caesar, Tyrannus promises that he will protect the dying emperor's nephew, Octavius (Cabrera). They flee Rome to protect Octavius from those who want to end Caesar's bloodline, aided by a soldier (Christopher Egan) and a young woman (Emily Blunt).

The eight-episode series, which is scheduled for next season, reunites Garber with executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. He previously appeared in their TV productions of "The Music Man," "Life with Judy Garland" -- for which he earned an Emmy nomination -- and "Cinderella."
There you have it. Victor Garber as Julius Caesar. :D
✌️

verdantheart said:
That's not a statement of preference so much as a description of his next role -- as Julius Caesar in the ABC's ancient-Rome series "Empire."

Garber, who stars in "Alias" as CIA Agent Jack Bristow, will

"Empire" centers on the fictional character Tyrannus (Cake), Caesar's bodyguard and confidant. When Brutus (James Frain) and fellow senators assassinate Caesar, Tyrannus promises that he will protect the dying emperor's nephew, Octavius (Cabrera). They flee Rome to protect Octavius from those who want to end Caesar's bloodline, aided by a soldier (Christopher Egan) and a young woman (Emily Blunt).
Well Julius Caesar is an important major role in Roman History. What were the two famous lines "Beware of the Eyes of March" and "Et too Brutus or You too Brutus"? :rolleyes:

Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony's major down fall was Cleopatra and to me she wasn't even pretty if you look at her coins but I guess she knew the art of seduction and used her sexual talents to get these two powerful men to do her bidding! :redhair:

With Augustus Caesar it was his wife Olivia (whose major art was poisoning... not unknown in ancients times and middle evil times like Catherine de Medicis was rumored to be known for too) :redhair: :Ph34r: :redhair: :Ph34r:

Regardless of Julius Caesar or Augustus Caesar both are prominent historical male figures in history that would look good on any Actor's resume to play in a major production! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :smiley:

I am sorry it is on Cable for I'll have to wait a long time to see it unless public television airs in a few years time! :thinking:

Lynne

I liked Victor Garber in Titantic, The Music Man, and the best one yet was his role in The Judy Garland miniseries. I didn't get to see him in the remake of Fiddler on the Roof but I am sure he was equally as good in that production as well! ;) :cool: (y)

Lynne

(The Fiddler on the Roof production unfortunately was called off due to the Iraq war. :( )

Empire will air on ABC, as does Alias, so if you get Alias, you should be able to get Empire. HBO will also have a series about Rome (oddly enough covering much of the same subject matter), named, aptly enough, Rome. Entertainment Weekly discussed the two series this week.
;) ✌️

verdantheart said:
(The Fiddler on the Roof production unfortunately was called off due to the Iraq war. :( )

Empire will air on ABC, as does Alias, so if you get Alias, you should be able to get Empire. HBO will also have a series about Rome (oddly enough covering much of the same subject matter), named, aptly enough, Rome. Entertainment Weekly discussed the two series this week.
;) ✌️
Oh that is too bad about Fiddler in on the Roof I remember reading about it on the board last year maybe they will consider doing it in a year or two. :(

Hey that is great news that ABC regular tv network will air the Rome Miniseries -- I thought you were referring to ABC Family cable tv. I will look for it in my tv guide in the future -- I'd like to see this series! :smiley: (y)

Thank you Verdanheart for the update! :smiley:

Lynne

Back