victor in a movie

echelon

Cadet
i just saw Home Room
its an excellent movie
Victor plays a police det. with a family looking for answers to a terrible tragedy
the movie was really great
u should definately see it

Looks like it's only playing in Denver, New York, and LA according to the official site. Not anywhere near where I live!
:(

"Home Room" is out on DVD; that's how I saw it. It's a very touching look at the aftermath of a school shooting. VG plays a police detective, and he is very good.

Oh, I was watching a trailer to it on apple.com it looks really goo, I want to see it. I didn't realize it was on dvd yet, thanks for the information I'll have to look for it in the video store. :D

I got the movie at Walmart. The movie was really good. I agree, Victor is cute in it. :rolleyes:

When I bought the dvd. The store clerk carded me. :thud: She thought I was 16 years old. When I told her my age, she still didn't believe me. So, I had to take out my driver's license. :sigh:

I just finished watching this movie, but unlike the rest of you, I didn't really like it. I mean Victor was great, because he's always great. But it's so strange to see him taking orders from someone else and not being scary spy daddy.
Anyway, VG was great but the movie was at best mediocre.
So I wouldn't reccomend buying it, renting it yes, buying it no.

I loved Home Room (y) I cried at the end and do every time I watch it even though I know what is going to happen.

The plot was SO unpredictible to me, I was astounded at the end :blink:

Busy and Erika should have been nominated for awards for this. It is so wrong how films are awarded in movieland :angry:

Victor was fantastic in this. I was interested in his character which was suprising since he was not one of the main ones. Of course I'm biased about him :blush:

Movies and television are difficult to recommend because everyone likes different stuff. I don't listen to reviews for that reason. I see it for myself and decide. Alot of movies that are my favourites are not blockbusters or won awards, they are movies which for some reason I love and can watch over and over.

After watching Home Room for the first time I was :Ponder: I had a lot of questions and it raised alot of issues that aren't to do with a shooting. One of the best plots for a story that I've encountered -_-

Busy Philipps talking about Victor in Home Room from the featurette on the dvd

"I'm in love with Victor :throb: It's so hard to work with Victor because I'm so in love with him :love: It's hard to be real. I just want to look at him because he's so good 👍

Erika Christensen doing the same;

"Victor Garber is a wonderful actor because in film you can demonstrate things with small actions and you can just watch his face and see what he's thinking" :blush: :Ponder:

I loved the featurette. It convinced me to watch the movie when I was hesitant about the subject matter. Busy and Erica are right on the money about Victor. :D

The dvd released in Australia had no featurette :angry: So of course I wasn't going to miss out on Victor talking footage :woot: so I bought it from Amazon :D

It's great to hear him talking about deciding on taking the role based on the subject matter. He is a great speaker especially when he's passionate about a project (y) Obviously he looks pretty darn hot too :whistle: As always and doing the hand expressing :love:

I loved hearing the girls talk about him, it is adorable :blush: As Erika says he manages to evoke the viewer into having more feelings/interest in his character and how difficult the decisions are that he's making as a detective. Very interesting depth to a role. He can do anything 👍 So versatile is Victor :D

The subject matter would be difficult depending on circumstances. I think students and parents would find it hard to watch. I'm neither. I loved the twist and didn't see it coming at all. I'm usually good with knowing what the plot is before it's revealed but this one shocked me :shock:

I always cry at the end (n) The Sarah Mc song does it I think ^_^

Gotta love those hand expressions of his. He is always moving and using his hands. I didn't see the featurette. What made Victor decide to take the role?

You didn't see it????? :blink: Oh you have to rent it (n) :( He talks about first hearing about the role and how he was concerned about the subject matter ie just a school shooting. But the way it was portrayed it told other stories so he was on board.

He said there were no prima donas on the movie. No one was looking for an academy award (considering it was an 18 day shoot and he did it too, just goes to show how he chose the role for variety, not for convenience and money) High praise for Busy and Erika in that respect. Then he went on to say how Busy amazed him and especially at the end in Home Room when she goes off :angry: He said they are both fantastic (y)

He then said that any movie that creates dialogue between people can only be good (tragedy of a school shooting)

Erika and the director went to Columbine and Victor was talking about how if the movie had helped them then the actors/people associated with the movie, had done their job. It doesn't matter what the critics said. The feedback from the people was enough gratification.

I'm not quoting him exactly but you get the idea ;)

It got me wondering about the role of Jack Bristow. Even though ALIAS is so different from this real life horror of school violence, there is the supposed setup of spyfamily which is what the initial story was about I thought JJ said. That is a reality of a father dealing with a daughter and them both having issues.

The talk and analysing of Jack and Sydney is creating dialogue and I'm sure he's getting alot of feedback about Jack :lol:

Thanks for the recap. I love hearing the reasons for him choosing roles. He loves roles that are challenging and different. A true actor.

I am sure he is getting lots of feedback on Jack Bristow. That is definitely a character that creates dialogue. Yeah, I think JJ said that Jack/Sydney relationship is the heart of the show. I hope he still remembers that.

Back